What Have You Been Watching Lately? (No Spoilers)

Jan 6 hearings on YouTube :)
(I was going to start a scale 1-10 of villainy debate, but thought better …).

More optimistic about Obi Wan, will definitely be waching it.

What did everyone think then (assuming it's finished in the UK as well by now)?

Have to say that whilst I thought the acting was generally excellent (particularly McGregor, and even the little tyke that played Leia), and some of the visual directing was pretty cool - the writing was generally dreadful, and the story was mostly nonsense. How many absurd, nonsensical escapes can you cram into six episodes?

I think, when it comes down to it, I'm just getting sick of prequels, and knowing how the story is going to end.
In the final episode, there were two fight scenes that should have been epic - but were instead completely devoid of tension because we've already seen how five of the six characters involved meet their end in the movies, so we knew none of them were in danger.......

.....but it's my own fault, I suppose, for being such a Star Wars nerd that I keep watching their content even when most things have been drivel since 1983.

Oh well, what's next then? Andor? A prequel series about a character from a prequel movie? Terrific. :rolleyes:

I think, when it comes down to it, I'm just getting sick of prequels, and knowing how the story is going to end.

Particularly given that they’re almost ruining the original movies by retconning changes to the plot (E.g Ben now having met Vader before A New Hope, taking away the sense that they were meeting for the first time since Anakin fell in the flames in Revenge).

Anyway, it’s only Star Wars, so plot and dialogue isn’t exactly pivotal!

First episode was alright, last two were alright but the middle bit dragged and the whole Princess Leia/Vader thing makes the original movies seem even stranger as they have all met up before which was never supposed to be the case.

The best Star Wars is the original 3 films, every thing that has come after has just made a bit of a nonsense of those films rather than adding to them.

Anyway, it’s only Star Wars, so plot and dialogue isn’t exactly pivotal!

It's not - but I do want some combination of wonder, thrills and excitement.
I didn't feel like Obi-Wan gave me a whole lot of those things. Just a lot of nods and references to the movies.......

• React
Reactions: MJB
For me, it was better than both The Mandalorian and Boba Fett, both of which I thought were absolute rubbish. Grogou is the worst character in the whole series bar Jar Jar.

It was watchable for me, it "felt" like Star Wars. But the plot, blimey it was contrived.

The girl playing young Leia was awesome though, star of the show.

What did everyone think then (assuming it's finished in the UK as well by now)?

Have to say that whilst I thought the acting was generally excellent (particularly McGregor, and even the little tyke that played Leia), and some of the visual directing was pretty cool - the writing was generally dreadful, and the story was mostly nonsense. How many absurd, nonsensical escapes can you cram into six episodes?

In the final episode, there were two fight scenes that should have been epic - but were instead completely devoid of tension because we've already seen how five of the six characters involved meet their end in the movies, so we knew none of them were in danger.......

.....but it's my own fault, I suppose, for being such a Star Wars nerd that I keep watching their content even when most things have been drivel since 1983.

Oh well, what's next then? Andor? A prequel series about a character from a prequel movie? Terrific. :rolleyes:
I quite liked Obi Wan ( series1 - will there be a series2? - is there 'enough' material left to constitute an Obi Wan series2 ?) - I thought it had more than a few decent moments. It was watchable :sneaky:

always been a bit of a starwars fan since the original trio .... my youngest and oldest lads too

on the subject of star wars....
I've got a deal on with a friend - who has never watched any star wars film never mind spin-offs or live series' -(Ive not watched Rebels or clone wars cartoons)- if I can stop smoking cigs for 4 weeks, and stay off the fags after, she'll watch all 11 films and 2 series of Mandalorian, plus Book of Boba Fett and Obi Wan series' ( and any future Star wars live series) with me , in the order they were first shown :)

Im on day ten of no cigs, going into day 11 this evening , Ive got a vape (and a back up vape), which for the first few days had a bit of action, less frequent vaping now ... big test for my resolve tonight, my first allnighter since stopping smoking

Glastonbury observation.

Best line yet.

Noel Gallagher end his set by saying 'let the dogging commence!' 😳😳🤣🤣

Glastonbury observation.

Yungbluds should be the UK's 2023 eurovision entry.

Just finished watching “ the Offer “ the story behind the making of the Godfather.
Really eye opening and worth a watch. But only available on Paramount +

I guess everyone has seen Ted Lasso? Very enjoyable daft US comedy about a Yank with no experience becoming manager of a bad English football team.

1983 followed by seasons 1;2 &3. Of Yellowstone On paramount +.
1983? Documentary of our milk cup run?

We beat Man United... We beat Newcastle too (and Bristol). We beat Leeds United.... 🤣

Back
Top Bottom