What have you been listening to lately?

I often find myself coming back to Stereolab for a lift. It’s interesting how much 6 Music now play female artists and how much I’ve got used to it.

Yep, independent day 1985. I also was there.

Just booked this.Never heard of them but had a quick listen to a couple of tracks this morning and thought I'm up for a night out in Las Abingdon

Plus there will be beer and maybe even young ladies! The sort of gig I go to is never very crowded so I’d probably feel ok doing that.
Had an email from the organisers due to tour sponsorship if you buy a ticket and purchase a lottery ticket for the draw that day you get free entry for 1 person

As it is Lynval Golding's 70th birthday today, I have the perfect excuse to post this piece of music heaven...

Edit: It appears clip embedding isn't working at the moment, above is 'Message to you Rudy' by The Specials. The original by Dandy Livingstone is superb as well.

been waiting for this Detroit 2020 release to (finally) arrive this side of the Atlantic ...... at last its arrived ....

Not *quite* the right thread perhaps...

But if you are into the more 'avant' side of rock, 'Medical Grade Music' a book by Kavus Torabi (Cardiacs, Knifeworld, Gong etc) and Steve Davis (Crucible, modular synths, interesting, reformed soul 45 collector) is well worth a read. Lots of recommendations and entertaining musical chat. A bit of snooker here and there...

Just heard lullaby by Nickelback and found it very moving ,been a while since I had last played it, if anyone is down could be very uplifting ...try.

Heard mcalmont & Butlers yes this morning and that’s been spinning in my head all day. Always thought suede were a crap Bowie tribute band but Bernard Butler was always seriously good.

Back
Top Bottom