What have you been listening to lately?

Sarge, also a fan of this Joe Bataan instrumental version on Salsoul:

there's quite a few decent versions out there ... for me Joe Batann's runs a close-ish second to Gill Scott Heron

The Hu, you’ve, you've, you, I heard it on planet rock and can’t get the track out of my head, can’t beat a bit of Mongolian throat music.

We’ve had a big resurgence of just putting on a CD and playing albums in its entirety in our house, during the lockdown. Something I really missed since streaming music has become the mainstream.

Our collection between us is quite a mixed. We’ve rediscovered The Smiths to Fleetwood Mac. Cast, Starsailor and Suede.
Ocean Colour Scene brought back a lot of memories too.

Hopefully this is something we’ll continue.

I’ve had 6 Music on for part of the day since wfh, as I result I actually know new bands and artistes!
Care to share any you've been introduced to? Finding new music is always a buzz, but becomes harder with age 😂

If you are looking for an upcoming Indie band, The K's are on the rise, and they have just announced a show in the Bully for October.

Well they're probably not that new to younger people! Jane Weaver, Porridge Radio, Fontaines DC, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Newdad, This Is the Kit

Well they're probably not that new to younger people! Jane Weaver, Porridge Radio, Fontaines DC, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Newdad, This Is the Kit
It's been a long time since I've been referred to as 'younger people' 😂

RBCF are down the Cowley Road in September.

Old time music.

Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen
The Smiths - The Queen is dead
Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material
The The - Infected

Old time music.

Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen
The Smiths - The Queen is dead
Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material
The The - Infected
Infected is a great album, although I think I prefer Soul Mining. Out of the blue (into the fire) is a top track.

Interesting but powerful take on one of the all-time classics.....as someone says in the comments, the original was a warning, this is the battle cry when the original warning was ignored.....

Black Country, New Road
Porridge Radio
Pillow Queens
The Notwist
shame
Moonchild Sanelly
Jamie Lenman
Hotel Lux
Low Island
Lacuna Common

(Last 2 local bands)

Back