What have OxVox got to say...

About as much as our favourite asset stripping hotdog vendor & our newly installed Dear Leader combined: Fcuk All! Somebody just sort it out FFS

agreed, OxVox have gone, like the club, very quiet - there was a tweet from Jem last week about "going to put a few things straight" that doesnt seem to have materialized. they had a committee meeting last Friday (i believe) - again nothing has come from that, they are meant to be a supporters trust for the supporters, yet the general ethos from this board and other media is that as of late they have neglected the fans/shown no public signs of getting the answers every single Oxford fan wants/needs.

their work previous to this has been amazing and its a shame all that hard work seems to be tarnished over the last couple weeks.

Asking the questions of DE and Tiger is one thing. Getting them to volunteer answers is another.

Quite frankly, we’re all in the dark which is leading to the ill-feeling around the club. We all want answers, but even the best formulated questions just aren’t generating answers at present. The OM and RadOx haven’t unearthed anything of note lately either.

It doesn’t help that our new chairman spends 24 hours of every week flying from the UK to Thailand either.

For clarity, there was no OxVox committee meeting last Friday, there never was, so no idea where that came from?

As for the rest, I think you'll find most of the committee are like me, fed up to the back teeth of every single word they post being poured over, twisted, and even deleted by the moderators when certain people complain.

Some might say it comes with the territory, but the twisting of the truth and claims of a personality cult etc etc etc make some people wonder why they bother to give their time up to help some of these people.

Be careful what you wish for..........

For clarity, there was no OxVox committee meeting last Friday, there never was, so no idea where that came from?

As for the rest, I think you'll find most of the committee are like me, fed up to the back teeth of every single word they post being poured over, twisted, and even deleted by the moderators when certain people complain.

Some might say it comes with the territory, but the twisting of the truth and claims of a personality cult etc etc etc make some people wonder why they bother to give their time up to help some of these people.

I have to admit that I thought Jem had mentioned a meeting and repeated that myself - so apologies if I have fueled that rumour.

However, I agree entirely with your post and your frustrations at the rubbish being thrown at OxVox. A few idiots with their own sad agendas are trying to create a division that is simply not there as far as I can see.

I have to admit that I thought Jem had mentioned a meeting and repeated that myself - so apologies if I have fueled that rumour.

However, I agree entirely with your post and your frustrations at the rubbish being thrown at OxVox. A few idiots with their own sad agendas are trying to create a division that is simply not there as far as I can see.

Yes, there are a few on here, albeit very eloquent, who are certainly not what I would call true supporters of Oxford United. Trouble making stirrers of the highest order more like.

Should they decide to stand for election to fill the (very sadly) forthcoming committee vacancies they certainly won't be getting my votes.

We are rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the EFL. You talk about ‘patience’ Mr Burrett but we have now been without a manager for 50 DAYS.

We are rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the EFL. You talk about ‘patience’ Mr Burrett but we have now been without a manager for 50 DAYS.
Surely that doesn't matter? You have said (a couple of days ago) that the squad is too good to go down, and (repeatedly) told us that talk of relegation was ridiculous. So why not wait until the best possible candidate is available? We will be in L1 next year and can rebuild over the summer with an excellent manager in place...

Hear, hear.

I find at times people forget that volunteers give up their free time to help and always try to do the right thing, even if it doesn't happen or go as intended. My volunteering is a lot simpler than OxVox, but I'm in the position where I'm giving up because it's not become worth the grief anymore - lots of people want to back seat drive, no one wants to get in the front seat. The fact the OxVox committee so far have maintained the careful balance with DE and Tiger, shows they are doing the right job for OUFCs supporters.

That’s what someone who’s signed a NDA would say.

Think we should all be worried about the sinister and nefarious offshoot of the supporters trust....the oxvox illuminati ....who run to their own twisted agendas, manipulate how OUFC chairmen operate, colluding with, possibly even privately funded by, the stadium landlord to spread suspicion and mistrust amongst ordinary oufc supporters. Be afraid, be really afraid of them.

Of course ^^ that is all made up.....yet some misguided individuals do seem to believe things similar and worse are down to oxvox. Oxvox are OUFC supporters trust, the committee are elected by Oxvox members . Elected oxvox comittee members are all oufc fans and operate voluntarily....they have no more influence over what the OUFC board members,chairman or stadium landlord choose to do than any other OUFC fan. As OUFC supporters trust are recognised as such by OUFC admin, they ,Ox vox, are in their capacity of being the recognised supporters trust are invited to some meetings to represent the interests of Ox vox members,and by default all OUFC fans in general. An opinion on behalf of the supporters trust may be asked for at times, but giving an opinion does not neccessarily equate to whoever is asking the question acting upon it. A thankless task it is too. Those throwing accusatory assumptions around regarding the elected volunteers who are the current Ox vox comittee maybe should consider joining Ox vox themselves, and then stand for election to the Ox vox committee. Then, if elected,by actions they could show everyone how much better they can look after oxvox members and OUFC supporters interests than the current committee.

Alternatively they could continue to operate from behind the percieved safety of their lonely keyboard spouting misinformation about things they evidently don't know about and hang about on a fan forum , recyling the same tired erroneous "opinions' time and again that are lingering like a stale fart in a pair of unwashed y fronts

Last edited:
Surely we don’t need OxVox to update us on the goings on as Charlie, Mark and Myles are more than capable of doing that when they know all the ins and out?

Date: 13 March 2018

Dear member

There is obviously significant concern at present regarding these first few weeks of Tiger's tenure at our football club. Much of the concern, understandably, is around the inordinate time it has, and is, taking to appoint a new first team manager.

We are in reasonably regular email and telephone contact with Tiger, although time zones have at times made communication tricky.

Thank you to the many members who’ve been in touch with specific questions. We can assure members that we have been, and continue to be, asking the questions to which so many of us want answers. What we have not done (rightly, or wrongly) is to plaster those questions across the local media, social media, or Yellows Forum.

In terms of key areas to learn more about, the headings we are pushing hard on are:

• The first team manager position.
  • More detail on the structure of the deal with Darryl Eales to acquire the club and the levels of funding in place to (a) sustain and (b) further develop our club.
  • Any other associates that Tiger will be bringing in to support him at the club.
  • A vison and strategic plan for the club.
  • Marketing, communication and fan engagement.
  • New sponsors and investment opportunities/plans.
  • Plans for the OUFC Women's team, the Training Ground, the Academy and the Community Trust.
  • The organisation and management infrastructure at the club – off the field.
  • The link (if any) going forward with Oxford City at Court Place Farm.
  • Views on stadium and the relationship with Firoz Kassam.
  • The date for a fans forum.

Ideally, we would wish that all the above to be answered directly by Tiger, but we will communicate to members as and when we have specific (factual) information.

As an update of things we DO know,

• Tiger HAS committed to a fans forum by the end of March, or at latest the first week in April. This will be an ideal opportunity for fans to ‘meet the man’ and ask direct questions.
  • It has been agreed that there will be a meeting between Tiger and Firoz Kassam in the coming weeks. OxVox are likely to be in attendance.
  • Tiger is giving increased authority to club officials such as Niall McWilliams and Chris Williams to significantly ‘step on’ the day to day management of the club, as well as the marketing, communication and fan engagement agendas.
  • We understand that Tiger DOES have the new manager agreed and it will be announced during next week.
  • Tiger has committed to fund the OUFC Women's team for the coming season.

At the present time we are NOT party to any detailed financial and/or strategic development plans for the club, but Tiger has committed to share these with us once the immediate priority of a new manager is resolved. We will then of course share the information with members at the earliest opportunity, although we feel sure it will all be (rightly) placed in the public domain for all fans to see.

At this time, we are not aware of any additional board members, shareholders, or investors that are joining Tiger. He has however said that it is likely this WILL happen in the fullness of time.

Let’s all get behind our club at this testing time. Owners, managers, players, they all come and go – but we, the fans, are the constant and we CAN and WILL make a difference to OUR football club!

Thanks for your continued support of OxVox. AGM details will be sent out soon for the meeting scheduled for the 28th April.

Cheers

Jem

A good statement.

It does prove what I said earlier in this thread though. OxVox can ask the questions but it takes two to tango - Tiger has yet to volunteer answers to the questions.

I just hope we’re all not disappointed when he does provide full answers to those questions.

Cue Charlie acting like a knob on this thread in 3-2-1 ...

Back
Top Bottom