What have OxVox got to say...

At a time when some of the doubters were 'threatening' to put themselves up for election, you continually mocked Dave about his posting and whether he would step up to the plate.

He did so, when you and the other vocal posters did not. To now maintain the childish stance about whether or not he stands for chair is pathetic - particularly ahead of an open meeting where anyone can ask the questions themselves.

Actually I was being serious about Dave standing for the position of Chairman. Why someone like you would think that this would be childish says more about you. I would love to see a new broom and would hope that we don’t see the past reinvented.

Actually I was being serious about Dave standing for the position of Chairman. Why someone like you would think that this would be childish says more about you. I would love to see a new broom and would hope that we don’t see the past reinvented.
Unfortunately I'm letting my 2 year old sleep before the game so I'm unable to attend, but I assume you are putting these views across yourself at the meeting?

Unfortunately I'm letting my 2 year old sleep before the game so I'm unable to attend, but I assume you are putting these views across yourself at the meeting?

So you fail to attend the AGM now there’s a surprise.

Unfortunately members do not have a say or vote on who will become Chairman or indeed any of the other positions, it’s down to the committee as you would be aware if you attended any of the previous AGMs.

The business acumen of DE is a different kettle of fish altogether. He is an experienced and adept manipulator of the finance world. A proven track record of inter-related companies all lending and borrowing from each other. Just look at the set up of Ensco, Alycidon etc.

As to the level of investment by Tiger, how much has he actually put in? Do we know? The real test will come in the next couple of months as the transfer market beckons. KR has targets, not cheap ones I'd wager. The U23 squad will need funding and capital will be required. Remember, Ensco1070 as DE's holding company have first say over any incoming transfer fees outstanding from past deals. All OUFC Ltd. will have is the income from season ticket sales. Tiger is going to have to underwrite quite a bit of spending.

I'm not saying he hasn't got it but, the visible, tangible finance does not show the amounts required. Further backing will be required.
I dont think its important who is "really" financially backing Tiger. I do think its Carabao and/or seriously high net worth individuals. Lets crack on and enjoy the run!

I think it is becoming clear that Tiger, as himself, may not have the financial clout to take us forward but, someone, or some group, are very likely involved in providing the necessary.

This is puzzling to me because I cannot see any way that anybody could possibly profit from such an arrangement.
I agree.
But I do know "Jak" is an investment banker who put together the M&A deals from Thai businessman to buy Man C and Leicester City. Jak made an investment, along with Tiger into Reading FC. I am sure Tiger is front man of a consortium of high net worth families. I will not be surprised if their plan to buy out FK, get the OUFC Ltd promoted and sell the club, retain the assets AKA Reading FC model.

But hasn’t this always been the case? Hence the massive beware of the tiger thread about his associates. Im still not sure if we’re being told to worry we have no money and can’t afford to pay tax bills or if we have loads of money and we should all be worried where it’s coming from. Surely can’t be both!!

Like I’ve always said u can only judge him on what he does.

So far the list is pretty impressive

Dickie and branagan
And bids for Cole and Moore- before he even owned the club.

Better club communication
Ticket offers
Ox4life instant improvements
Marketing
Improving merchandise
Is it 7 new academy coaches now?
Recruitment of local talent to academy
An under 23 side.
The paying off of pekalski
Karl Robinson

And all this from Thailand
I spoke to Tiger on Saturday. He confirmed that his plan for 18/19 is to bring in players similar caliber as Cam and Dickie. He hired KR. Had to paid off his contract. NOT inexpensive. 18/19 is going to be very exciting. I also agree about ALL your points. Lets ALL get behind Tiger and is associates. It was 10years we were in the poo. Some OUFC fans really dont deserve the likes of DE and Tiger. Moaning old men, with nothing better to bloody do. Show remain the SUU (The Victor Meldrew Stand) :)

I spoke to Tiger on Saturday. He confirmed that his plan for 18/19 is to bring in players similar caliber as Cam and Dickie. He hired KR. Had to paid off his contract. NOT inexpensive. 18/19 is going to be very exciting. I also agree about ALL your points. Lets ALL get behind Tiger and is associates. It was 10years we were in the poo. Some OUFC fans really dont deserve the likes of DE and Tiger. Moaning old men, with nothing better to bloody do. Show remain the SUU (The Victor Meldrew Stand) :)
*rename

Can someone tell the new committee members of Oxvox the etiquette of posting on message boards. Please.

*rename

You can actually edit your own posts. Just sayin’

Can someone tell the new committee members of Oxvox the etiquette of posting on message boards. Please.

Go on then- what have I done wrong ??

I thought as due to unforeseen circumstances a lot of members couldn’t attend, I would try and fill people in on what was said and answer questions people who didn’t make it had. Apologies. I didn’t realise becoming a committee member meant u could no longer post on a forum.

I thought as due to unforeseen circumstances a lot of members couldn’t attend, I would try and fill people in on what was said and answer questions people who didn’t make it had. Apologies. I didn’t realise becoming a committee member meant u could no longer post on a forum.

I’ve never been on the committee but I thought it was pretty much agreed in recent years that committee members don’t post on the message boards with opinions or any inside knowledge, but stick to known facts.

Similarly reports of meetings between Oxvox and Club get agreed, to make sure
Neither party misinterpret .

I’ve never been on the committee but I thought it was pretty much agreed in recent years that committee members don’t post on the message boards with opinions or any inside knowledge, but stick to known facts.

Similarly reports of meetings between Oxvox and Club get agreed, to make sure
Neither party misinterpret .

Stuff from the meeting is fact. It’s what tiger said. And not confidential or inside knowledge . It wasn’t a meeting between Oxvox and the club, it was tiger dropping in for an informal chat with members.

As for my opinions, that’s all they are, I’m not yet part of the committee, I just thought as most people couldn’t attend and a lot of questions were being asked id do my best to answer them.

Consider myself silent from here on in.

Back
Top Bottom