What have OxVox got to say...

I
Whatever you say.

Have a lovely Sunday.

I certainly will have a loverly day. Meeting up with some mates to discuss the forthcoming Easter break and plan a few strategies for our up and coming battle of the groups.

Have a nice Sunday.

What are you suggesting by that remark? I certainly hope you are not suggesting people who question and challenge are racist, because if you are you are well out of order.

Foreign owner (Satori) with links to questionable Russian financers = good.

Foreign owner (Tiger) with link to questionable Thai financers = bad.

I'm making no suggestions as to reasons behind this but the whole thing is getting increasingly tiresome. As for being out of order, I would suggest that your statement that Jem (and therefore OxVox) have no idea what is going on is offensive and unfounded. Maybe you (and those who will undoubtably reply on your behalf) need to be honest about your true intentions.

I still like the contradiction in the doom mongering.

We have to worry that tiger has no money, while also having links to very rich backers.

And we have to worry that tiger doesn’t know what he’s doing just playing with a trainset, while also being advised by a very experienced footballing person.

http://theempireasia.com/Jack.html
And after all who would want somebody with this track record involved with their club. Guy is obviously a complete clown...?
I find this bit interesting:

As part of Empire Asia’s role in building value in Manchester City Football Club through new player acquisitions as well as new corporate sponsorships and brand building, Jack took an active role in serving as an Executive Director on the Board and as Deputy CFO on the management team.

Foreign owner (Satori) with links to questionable Russian financers = good.

Foreign owner (Tiger) with link to questionable Thai financers = bad.

I'm making no suggestions as to reasons behind this but the whole thing is getting increasingly tiresome. As for being out of order, I would suggest that your statement that Jem (and therefore OxVox) have no idea what is going on is offensive and unfounded. Maybe you (and those who will undoubtably reply on your behalf) need to be honest about your true intentions.

So your saying that Jem and Oxvox are aware of what’s going on then. That then opens up another question, « if this is the case why are they not telling their members »

As for our true intentions, that’s easy, we want a secure financial future for Oxford United. That aim is not so far secured by the actions at this current time.

I find this bit interesting:

As part of Empire Asia’s role in building value in Manchester City Football Club through new player acquisitions as well as new corporate sponsorships and brand building, Jack took an active role in serving as an Executive Director on the Board and as Deputy CFO on the management team.

So is it possible he will be named in a similar role at OUFC?

I wonder if there are any marketing / branding experts on here?

I'm a bit uncertain about this notion of 'Oxford' as a brand. Oxford is undoubtedly a world-renowned city, for one obvious reason, but would that necessarily mean that anything with 'Oxford' in its title might appeal to a worldwide audience?

Bit of a stretch, in my opinion. Can't imagine a Man U shirt-wearing Bangkok / Saigon / Manila taxi driver thinking 'yeh, I've heard of Oxford University, so maybe I'll buy a shirt for this Oxford United thingy ....'

I’m not a marketing expert but recently I ‘invested’ a sum of money in TOAD The Oxford Artisan Distillery who are based at the top of South Park. One of the first things they did was to secure rights to use University of Oxford branding on their Physics gin. They are now working with the Botanical Gardens (for their botanicals) and looking at an Ashmolean product.

Who knows if it will work but their current profits and expansion would suggest that using Oxford as a brand is helping. 21 of the 23 people on the tour yesterday were from outside the county and it’s a company of 3 full time employees.

There is definitely a market for it otherwise the huge pop up in trinket style oxford shops perhaps wouldn’t have surfaced as they have on Cornmarket etc.

So your saying that Jem and Oxvox are aware of what’s going on then. That then opens up another question, « if this is the case why are they not telling their members »

As for our true intentions, that’s easy, we want a secure financial future for Oxford United. That aim is not so far secured by the actions at this current time.

Mark, you’re getting as boring as Charlie now. I get that you want to make fans worried about the big bad tiger and how naughty Eales sold the club to him. I also understand that you’re bitter that OxVox is run in a much more professional way and has greater backing from fans than when you ran it.

Having said all that, maybe it’s time to move on and actually support the club. Maybe that’s too much to ask for from you, Charlie and co though.

Mark, you’re getting as boring as Charlie now. I get that you want to make fans worried about the big bad tiger and how naughty Eales sold the club to him. I also understand that you’re bitter that OxVox is run in a much more professional way and has greater backing from fans than when you ran it.

Having said all that, maybe it’s time to move on and actually support the club. Maybe that’s too much to ask for from you, Charlie and co though.

I thought it was said that TC on here isn’t MS?

All very confusing!

I wonder if there are any marketing / branding experts on here?

I'm a bit uncertain about this notion of 'Oxford' as a brand. Oxford is undoubtedly a world-renowned city, for one obvious reason, but would that necessarily mean that anything with 'Oxford' in its title might appeal to a worldwide audience?

Bit of a stretch, in my opinion. Can't imagine a Man U shirt-wearing Bangkok / Saigon / Manila taxi driver thinking 'yeh, I've heard of Oxford University, so maybe I'll buy a shirt for this Oxford United thingy ....'

I’m not a marketing expert but recently I ‘invested’ a sum of money in TOAD The Oxford Artisan Distillery who are based at the top of South Park. One of the first things they did was to secure rights to use University of Oxford branding on their Physics gin. They are now working with the Botanical Gardens (for their botanicals) and looking at an Ashmolean product.

Who knows if it will work but their current profits and expansion would suggest that using Oxford as a brand is helping. 21 of the 23 people on the tour yesterday were from outside the county and it’s a company of 3 full time employees.

There is definitely a market for it otherwise the huge pop up in trinket style oxford shops perhaps wouldn’t have surfaced as they have on Cornmarket etc.

So did I!

At the present time we are NOT party to any detailed financial and/or strategic development plans for the club, but Tiger has committed to share these with us once the immediate priority of a new manager is resolved. We will then of course share the information with members at the earliest opportunity, although we feel sure it will all be (rightly) placed in the public domain for all fans to see.

Wonder if there is any update on this?

Also this :- JF is looking to meet with FK in mid-March. The date is still to be confirmed. Taken from the official mins of 16th Feb 2018

You are correct T'ai Chi, that is indeed what was documented in the minutes.

A meeting had been provisionally arranged for Easter Weekend, but unfortunately had to be postponed due to timing issues. (Nothing sinister!).

We hope to be meeting FK by the end of this month. Tiger is also due to meet FK in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Jem

A meeting had been provisionally arranged for Easter Weekend, but unfortunately had to be postponed due to timing issues. (Nothing sinister!).

We hope to be meeting FK by the end of this month. Tiger is also due to meet FK in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Jem

Thank you for the update.

Cheers

Jem
And the info from Tiger?

Back
Top Bottom