What have OxVox got to say...

Go on then- what have I done wrong ??

I thought as due to unforeseen circumstances a lot of members couldn’t attend, I would try and fill people in on what was said and answer questions people who didn’t make it had. Apologies. I didn’t realise becoming a committee member meant u could no longer post on a forum.

For what it's worth I appreciate the feedback you've given. You've only reiterated what any of a 1,000+ OxVox members could have done if they attended the meeting at the weekend. Nothing more; nothing less.

It's entirely your choice what you do or don't say, of course, but relaying information from a semi-public meeting (I say 'semi' because you had to at least be a member to attend) is hardly the same as breaching an NDA or leaking known insider information early.

Ox vox committee members are also OUFC fans ...and as individuals are, IMO not only entitled to hold individual opinions, they are also entitled to voice their own individual opinions, as an individual.
If an Ox vox committee member is speaking in the capacity of Ox vox spokesperson on any particular subject as individual and Ox vox (official) comments are identified as such, personally I don't see a problem.

Carry on posting as Dave T @Dave T...it'd be quiet on here if you don't....maybe @Malc will 'allow ' a seperate Ox vox /Dave T account should you be elected to an Ox vox top table position?

Stuff from the meeting is fact. It’s what tiger said. And not confidential or inside knowledge . It wasn’t a meeting between Oxvox and the club, it was tiger dropping in for an informal chat with members.

As for my opinions, that’s all they are, I’m not yet part of the committee, I just thought as most people couldn’t attend and a lot of questions were being asked id do my best to answer them.

Consider myself silent from here on in.

Dave you are obviously an open and honest person, this is not allowed ;)

Yes really...there were rumours about the Thai owners of Man City, but they started the MCFC revolution.
Rumours?! Shinawatra was convicted and barred from entering the UK, meaning that Jack Srisumrid had to step into the breach!

So, we shouldn't care if the club is being funded using money taken from somebody's pension plan, for example? Or if that money has come from dubious sources?

Rumours?! Shinawatra was convicted and barred from entering the UK, meaning that Jack Srisumrid had to step into the breach!

So, we shouldn't care if the club is being funded using money taken from somebody's pension plan, for example? Or if that money has come from dubious sources?

Well that depends. If the money is going to be spent on rubbish like GVK and those Man City dudes, then yes, we absolutely should be asking questions.

If we are in the auto's or safely in the play offs then it's less important.

Well that depends. If the money is going to be spent on rubbish like GVK and those Man City dudes, then yes, we absolutely should be asking questions.

Are you saying that as long as we are successful, we shouldn't care where the money comes from?

Are you saying that as long as we are successful, we shouldn't care where the money comes from?

It’s a funny one, we’re u worried where it was coming from when maxwell was spending it? Is money from dubious sources less worrying than no money ? Is there a list of sources ranging from acceptable to non? And more importantly any sign that sinawatra is involved?

Shinatwatra's a bit busy trying to get the junta back into power in Thailand, I reckon. And Myles' point was that he (Myles) didn't say Shinawatra is involved (which he didn't).

When the clubs best years WAS probably funded by the Mirror pension plan?

Srisumrid was the front man for the Shinawatras at MCFC.
Srisumrid is negotiating with Ka$$am on behalf of Tiger (whose visa has expired).

Might just be a connection there?
I agree, Jack told me on Saturday he was the M&A banker who advised the Shinawatras @ MCFC

Back
Top Bottom