General What has happened to Tariq

The mighty Aldo

Over the past 4/5 league games he has not been a threat. He constantly cuts back inside losing momentum in the attack. Not once in the past 3 games has he taken on a full back and outpaced him.
Earlier in the season he was electric.

I thought that he was very good today. Far better than against MK.

Wingers will drop in and out of games as well as have up and down spells throughout the season. He’s played a lot and if we had a better option than Hall to hold up a wing, I think we would see him rested. He’s simply played far more football than KR thought he would.

I thought his touch and control was great today and he beat Jombati a couple of times. He ran out of steam towards the end and was guilty of losing the ball more often than most but far from bad.

Can't think of many who will have played more minutes recently, seems to have started a lot. Think its just a downside to how hard he's been working defensively, hopefully can get some cover in Jan.

He was better today than he has been recently but still way below his previous super high standards. He gave the ball away quite a few times and his shooting was wayward. The Fosu of a couple months ago when he was in red hot form would have destroyed Wycombe today. As has been said it would be great to have a Marcus Browne type player to be able to bring on for him.

In all fairness I thought their right back had a great game today, stood Fosu up well and was right up behind him not letting him turn. Saying that there was a few times Fosu sent the whole of their back 4 the wrong way, he’s a pleasure to watch!

If Fosu played at his peak constantly he would be way, way out of our reach.

By the sound of it he will get some help in January when a couple of wide players come in. I just think a lot of games have caught up with him and in a few recent games teams have doubled up on him. Much better today though.

I agree to a certain extent, 2 or 3 games prior to the City game Tarique did appear off the pace. Against City and Wycombe today I thought he was back to his best, the only difference for me is that earlier in the season pretty much every shot he made went in!!

He's a very good winger at this level. I hope he stays.

Can't think of many who will have played more minutes recently, seems to have started a lot. Think its just a downside to how hard he's been working defensively, hopefully can get some cover in Jan.
He's also the most fouled player in league 1 and has defenders doubling up on him.

Thought Fosu was much better yesterday than he has been recently. Also far more two footed than I'd ever noticed him being , their RB was put on his a**e more than once because he just didn't know which way he was turning.

That said, he was never realistically going to continue that goalscoring run of september / October. As great as his long range bangers were, no player is going to consistently bang them in for a whole season (except perhaps Nick Powell for Crewe in I want to say 2012/13!).

I think we'll definitely bring in a winger or two in January. One of the few positives of last season (for much of it, at least) was the superb options on the wing we ended up having. Browne and Whyte, bringing in Graham in Jan, and even developing Garbutt into an excellent winger at this level gave us so many varied and dangerous threats in the run in. No chance KR doesn't look to replicate that.

I was watching some highlights from earlier in the season last night and it really struck me how electric Fosu looked (particularly in the Tranmere game, where he won us two penalties and was integral to setting up CB's goal) in comparison to how he has done recently. Could be dodgier pitches, but I think the stance that I had been taking, that he's just getting double teamed now so isn't having he same impact, is probably wrong. The guy's lost a yard and I think that must be due to fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom