What does Tiger mean by thé WOW factor?

T’ai Chi

It’s easy to state that fans will have the wow factor when the new manager is unveiled, but does he understand the Oxford United fans and what really drives them? Has Tiger set thé bar at a height that may be difficult to reach?

Not sure another manager from the continent would be the answer to our league position and the players at his disposal. Certainly keeps us guessing though.

Was thinking if we had to make a list of WOW managers who would be on that list?

They would need to be at least semi realistic,so no current Premier league managers,no world class players that are still playing that would be after a first managers job and no Appleton has he wont be coming back.

The only name I can think of that would be WOW and at least semi realistic would be Steven Gerrard.

Would someone like Steve McLaren count as a WOW manager?

ex-England, ex-bunch of Premier League teams, currently out of work.

Think that would be marginally better than the likes of Kluivert or Gerrard, but still isn't what the club needs right now in the midst of a relegation scrap (which is dull, pragmatic organisation and motivation from someone who knows League One inside and out).

Hmm Tiger - a word of advice, don't set yourself up to fail! Now you've got us waiting for a press conference early next week to unveil a manager that will make us go 'Wow'! If either of those two things fail to happen...

I’m glad he’s positive rather than realistic. Aim for the stars and you might hit the moon. Ie championship and beyond.

To be honest we could get the real Pep and people would moan that he doesn't know the league!!!

McLaren, Kluiverts, Lampard, Unsworth, Bellemy - all names mentioned would be a big pull for a club at the wrong end of league one.

I maybe wouldn't go as far as WOW, but I honestly don't know what some expect!

To be honest we could get the real Pep and people would moan that he doesn't know the league!!!

McLaren, Kluiverts, Lampard, Unsworth, Bellemy - all names mentioned would be a big pull for a club at the wrong end of league one.

I maybe wouldn't go as far as WOW, but I honestly don't know what some expect!

I think we would all agree we would want a manager who has the ability to turn the team around and escape a bottom 4 finish. Big name, wow factor, whatever we just want a manger we can trust to turn what’s becoming a disastrous season into one where we escape the drop.

From what Tiger has said, I would hazard a guess that the 'wow' guy is tied into some agreement........could be in television or in another role. Is McClaren tied up with anything? Gerrard certainly could fall into that category.....as could Lampard.......who is to say that this could not have been reignited?

Another case of over promising and under delivering.... ??

I am normally an optimist but I am really really struggling with all of this at the minute.

One thing is for sure, the longer this goes on and now with the “wow factor” thrown in, the bar just gets higher and higher, which probably means one thing, a bloody long fall.

Big anticlimax on its way??

Another case of over promising and under delivering.... ??

I am normally an optimist but I am really really struggling with all of this at the minute.

One thing is for sure, the longer this goes on and now with the “wow factor” thrown in, the bar just gets higher and higher, which probably means one thing, a bloody long fall.

Big anticlimax on its way??

On your last sentence, undoubtedly.

Paul Simpson.....was here the other week was he not? Would have the wow factor and is tied into a contract.

Glenn Hoddle could not be a bad shout either as he is tied into various things.....Swindon connection so knows the area......perhaps he could get his boots back on.

One thing is for sure Tiger is very confident and upbeat about it all.
I'm hoping we are all going to be blown away when it all falls into place.

I think we would all agree we would want a manager who has the ability to turn the team around and escape a bottom 4 finish. Big name, wow factor, whatever we just want a manger we can trust to turn what’s becoming a disastrous season into one where we escape the drop.
This is where you are absolutely wrong, with most of your posts you always imply WE, that is just not the case is it your group gave git an agenda and are trying to convince everyone one you are right, my problem with all that is that the good for OUFC of your group?

Paul Simpson.....was here the other week was he not? Would have the wow factor and is tied into a contract.

Glenn Hoddle could not be a bad shout either as he is tied into various things.....Swindon connection so knows the area......perhaps he could get his boots back on.
I bloody hope not, cannot stand that t**t.

Back
Top Bottom