National News Shamima Begum

To you it might say that she is a psychopath but another, equally plausible, understanding is that she has been traumatised and has erected a lot of defences to avoid dealing with the reality of how grim life for a trafficked isis wife must be. In the same way that soldiers are able to walk past atrocities and carry on; only dealing with the trauma years later when (if at all).

If a 15 year old girl was groomed, raped and made to experience the worst of humanity then I would find it a little strange if she was completely well adjusted to be honest. I think that having her back in the country, getting her the help she would need to become deradicalised and then getting as much information as we can out of her (whilst simultaneously having her as a poster-child for deradicalisation) would be a much better outcome and would send a much stronger message than us callously condemning a British citizen to a limbo life in refugee camps
There was no suggestion that she was groomed or raped, she went of her own free will. She gave no indication in interview that she was traumatised, far from it. Do you actually believe that de-radicalisation works, how do you prove that it has.
Your liberal views over the treatment of returning terrorists worry me.

On the flip side to this the information that could be gotten from her from Mi5 and the likes could be invaluable to state sercurity. But saying that she should be left to rot it whatever hell hole she finds herself in. She had a choice and she chose it.

I think that having her back in the country, getting her the help she would need to become deradicalised and then getting as much information as we can out of her (whilst simultaneously having her as a poster-child for deradicalisation) would be a much better outcome and would send a much stronger message than us callously condemning a British citizen to a limbo life in refugee camps

Deradicalised sounds a bit like being de-brained or disinfected but if one is interested in taking a practical approach or a positive one based on the multi-cultural society we benefit from, your post is (IMO) the only sensible one.

Just a suggestion but why not send Mr Drone to visit the traitor and her cohorts/family and for that matter solicitors a one off visit ??

Problem there as a Male bee is stingless so would achieve very little and how would you get it to target a specific person.

FFS, paint a red cross on the target's forehead. Are you the world's shittest apiarist or what?

Obviously the stinglessness is an issue. Could we fashion little slings for the drones from old sock elastic and recycle lead shot from Oxfordshire hunts?

(I hadn't thought this through when I posted the above, most apologetic, bee hero)

I'll have to ask Erick about that, he's our real expert on coercion.

I'll come back to you on that, or Niall will.?‍?

There was no suggestion that she was groomed or raped, she went of her own free will. She gave no indication in interview that she was traumatised, far from it. Do you actually believe that de-radicalisation works, how do you prove that it has.
Your liberal views over the treatment of returning terrorists worry me.

Sex with someone under the age of consent is rape though. Equally, girls who have been groomed often don't think they have or act as one might expect (15 year olds with 40 year old "boyfriends" often don't realise they've been groomed and abused for years after). I'd say it stands to reason that if she's been out there for four years and has been pregnant for more than half of that time then she was probably enticed over there for the express reason of being (ab)used sexually. She may have gone over of her own volition but when you're a vulnerable 15 year old from a dodgy home it can barely count as informed consent.

I do believe that deradicalisation will work for all but people who have such mental illnesses that you cannot make "Psychological contact" with them. If you're interested, this looks quite dry but full of academic viewpoints on the subject.

Sex with someone under the age of consent is rape though. Equally, girls who have been groomed often don't think they have or act as one might expect (15 year olds with 40 year old "boyfriends" often don't realise they've been groomed and abused for years after). I'd say it stands to reason that if she's been out there for four years and has been pregnant for more than half of that time then she was probably enticed over there for the express reason of being (ab)used sexually. She may have gone over of her own volition but when you're a vulnerable 15 year old from a dodgy home it can barely count as informed consent.

I do believe that deradicalisation will work for all but people who have such mental illnesses that you cannot make "Psychological contact" with them. If you're interested, this looks quite dry but full of academic viewpoints on the subject.

Genuine question, was she and the other 2 girls from dodgy homes?

Genuine question, was she and the other 2 girls from dodgy homes?

I've not looked into the other two but indications (including the dad going on that march) would say yes. There's a lot of deprivation and issues in the working class muslim communities in East London (until a year ago I worked in safeguarding in East London schools)

Damn good job. She won’t be an asset here that’s for sure

It has lost it's British citizenship. Few are saying "we cannot do this and leave her stateless". I say good on the Home Secretary!

Would those saying the opposite like to house her? I doubt not!

She isn't stateless. According to news reports her mother has dual nationality (Bangladesh), and under Bangladeshi law any children also inherit Bangladeshi citizenship.

Having said that I can't imagine Bangladesh would be overly pleased. What makes us think that they want her as a citizen of their country? She was born in Britain, schooled and raised in Britain, and has never lived or even been to Bangladesh. This is very much a case of throwing our rubbish over the fence.

She isn't stateless. According to news reports her mother has dual nationality (Bangladesh), and under Bangladeshi law any children also inherit Bangladeshi citizenship.

Having said that I can't imagine Bangladesh would be overly pleased. What makes us think that they want her as a citizen of their country? She was born in Britain, schooled and raised in Britain, and has never lived or even been to Bangladesh. This is very much a case of throwing our rubbish over the fence.

To an ex-colony. Not cool. To be honest, this smacks of “Oh God, isn’t Brexit enough to deal with without this?”

The solution is pretty simple. British citizen. Trial. Jury. What’s the actual issue?