National News Shamima Begum

You can't lock people up forever because they may commit further offences.

Well, that is a matter of opinion I suppose. :)

In my world, the prison service would be enabled to do far more things to stop the revolving door where the work done on the inside is properly picked up on release to break the cycle.

However, the counterbalance to that would be a detention facility on a distant island.

The BBC/her legal team will keep buttering people up until she's allowed back. Only a matter of time.

And so it begins........

Lets "forget" she found the ways and means to make her own way to Istanbul before she met the "spook" who was informing the relative governments which of their citizens were joining IS.

Play with fire you might get burnt. 🤷‍♂️

It's interesting to me that we are a country that's very much built on Christian morality and yet we have lost any sense of forgiveness, mercy or clemency. Hard to decide where to stand with this, but it surprises me how infrequently I'm hearing any mercy.

It's interesting to me that we are a country that's very much built on Christian morality and yet we have lost any sense of forgiveness, mercy or clemency. Hard to decide where to stand with this, but it surprises me how infrequently I'm hearing any mercy.
I think the law has to take into account her age when she made the journey, and then, if provable, try her from crimes she committed as an adult separately. All done within the framework of British law.
The public were understandably horrified with the brutality of ISIS. But I think there’s a danger she’s made an example of in the absence of high profile ISIS leaders to put on trial.

But she has to have a fair trial, otherwise we’re wasting our time fighting groups that would like to see our liberal democracy consigned to history.

She chose to make her own way to Istanbul, with others who knew exactly what they were signing up to. A religious death cult.
She remained there and joined the "party" and helped the cult enforce its laws.
She rejected everything this country stands for - freedom, forgiveness, mercy, clemency & tolerance.

This did not all happen while she was vulnerable or under age.

She doesn`t like the outcome - her team "lost" and she ended up in a Syrian camp.
She is now playing the UK system of freedom, forgiveness, mercy, clemency & tolerance for her own benefit.
The same system she rejected.

Please place her case at the back of the queue............. forever.

I can't see any reason to forgive anyone who actively supported a regime responsible for killing the public at random, and bombing a music concert attended by children.

IS represents the worst belief system in modern memory and all sympathisers and participants should be fought until they are dead, just like cancer.

She chose to make her own way to Istanbul, with others who knew exactly what they were signing up to. A religious death cult.
She remained there and joined the "party" and helped the cult enforce its laws.
She rejected everything this country stands for - freedom, forgiveness, mercy, clemency & tolerance.

This did not all happen while she was vulnerable or under age.

She doesn`t like the outcome - her team "lost" and she ended up in a Syrian camp.
She is now playing the UK system of freedom, forgiveness, mercy, clemency & tolerance for her own benefit.
The same system she rejected.

Please place her case at the back of the queue............. forever.
But are you also rejecting what this country stands for by not offering her freedom (to a fair trial at least), forgiveness, mercy, clemency & tolerance?

But are you also rejecting what this country stands for by not offering her freedom (to a fair trial at least), forgiveness, mercy, clemency & tolerance?
Why? Did she or her husband when her husband was executing westerners with heheading……didn’t think so.

That's not how it works, though. (The British justice system).
Imagine if Labour when they win the next election ( as I’m sure they will ) overrun her non dim status and bring her back especially with our justice system….probably a fixed penalty and 20 hours community service.

Put her in court. Get the evidence against her and deal with her from a point of conviction not hearsay.

Crazy situation where she has the ability to say she did nothing wrong every couple of years and she gets the UK media to peddle her story.

However the Government want her there just so that they can point out how bad immigrants are.

I think she should face an English court. It was a double-agent who I think has been in prison for a few years who got Shemima Begum into Syria.

Imagine if Labour when they win the next election ( as I’m sure they will ) overrun her non dim status and bring her back especially with our justice system….probably a fixed penalty and 20 hours community service.
Our justice system can only work within the laws set out by the government. If you think our justice system is too soft, then you really have to look at the government who have been setting the laws for the last decade.
Although describing Priti Petal as soft on justice is quite a bold opinion to hold.

Our justice system can only work within the laws set out by the government. If you think our justice system is too soft, then you really have to look at the government who have been setting the laws for the last decade.
Although describing Priti Petal as soft on justice is quite a bold opinion to hold.
"...Petal..." Was that written on purpose? I was in school with a Mark Patel, apparently he killed his father as he was abusing his mother; his father was a doctor.

She can have freedom & a fair trial if she legally & legitimately makes her way back to the UK and tells the truth. The latter concept maybe alien to her.

The ability to hate and the thirst for vengeance. Not two attributes to be proud of, I'd have thought.

She hates "The West" when it suits.
She was meting out vengance when she was part of the religious police.

So I make you right - she shouldn`t be proud of that and should stay in a country that better suits her views. :)

She hates "The West" when it suits.
She was meting out vengance when she was part of the religious police.

So I make you right - she shouldn`t be proud of that and should stay in a country that better suits her views. :)
with what she has gone through, i think there maybe more of a chance of her saying the truth than most women her age living in the UK.