What do we know?

Im sure Myles would ask the relevant questions at a fans forum if one has been announced. Until Tiger names a date none of us know whether we would be available to attend. If the manager situation is anything to go by then we could be waiting a long time, then again it could be next week. We just don’t know.

Here’s a thought myles, why don’t you see what date Tiger sets the fans forum for, turn up and ask your long list of questions then?

I’m sure you’ll get better answers that way than on a insignificant Internet forum.

I would hope the two actions aren't exclusive.

They are questions it would be good to hear answers to, no?

I would hope the two actions aren't exclusive.

They are questions it would be good to hear answers to, no?

Yes but unless he has recently registered, Tiger doesn’t post on the forum so seems the wrong place to keep asking the same questions.

Yes but unless he has recently registered, Tiger doesn’t post on the forum so seems the wrong place to keep asking the same questions.

You're right on that of course.

I think it's useful to have the questions in the public domain though, and it's not just the questions either. It's the information on histories and relationships.

I say this as someone with no axe to grind with anyone and a totally open mind to the future of OUFC.

With all due respect Mr Lounger, it’s not interesting. It’s the same questions that myles has asked all along.
Well, I find the information interesting and, in my opinion, deserves to be aired for all to see. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course.
I don't believe Myles is motivated by malice nor do I believe he posts to amuse himself.

Other posters don't have the interest or skills to find this stuff out (and it has expanded in scope since Myles' first iteration). Posting here enables those who might be interested to contemplate the situation and informs.

It's an odd thing to be against informing people.

Myles’ post is interesting. Not only is it interesting, it is free from any negative reference to OxVox or any other member of this board, which, to me, is a step in the right direction!

To be fair Myles has never resorted to name calling or petty insults. The odd dig at Oxvox maybe. But despite us not agreeing on everything I think it’s actually pretty similar in aim, of getting the best for the club, we just come at it from different ends of the positive spectrum. I start at the best case and work back, he starts at the worse case and works forward.

To be fair Myles has never resorted to name calling or petty insults. The odd dig at Oxvox maybe. But despite us not agreeing on everything I think it’s actually pretty similar in aim, of getting the best for the club, we just come at it from different ends of the positive spectrum. I start at the best case and work back, he starts at the worse case and works forward.
I wasn't implying anything in regard to him, specifically. It's a characteristic of this board, though.

I see the Oxford Mail have now picked up on the deal and reported on it. Well done Myles.
Have they?
That is outrageous. Don't they understand that in a true democracy, you keep your little heads out of these things and wait to be given the new party line at a time chosen by those in power?
Surely these pesky fools can see that it is just not interesting to find things out for oneself when one can be the mouthpiece for any old self-serving B*****s that gets served up.
Now - this much talked about Fans Forum with the owner where Myles is going, finally, to be 'allowed ' to ask the questions that others who want a 'close relationship' with Tiger and the gang dare not.
Which one would that be? The one that was supposed to be by December? Or the one in January? Or the one in March?
Perhaps we can have another forum with an MD whose answer to every question can be 'Sorry, haven't a clue mate. Next!'
Or else, we could - just could - get on with working out what has happened to our club ourselves.
Myles is not so much asking questions as stating publicly recorded facts. They will act as a useful bank of information to prevent any bullshitting when the new ownership first attempts to give its version of events. Any one who cannot see that is profoundly misguided, and no historian

Hopefully the good points Myles raises won't be lost in all the back and forth that will inevitably come from Charlie's post. Time to give it a rest Charlie.

Point 1. The share issue is "up to" 2,411,860 shares in the next five years. We haven't yet seen any allotments filed at Companies House to see how many have been issued. This does strengthen the capital in the club (on this transaction standalone), because unlike debt, you can't just have your shares paid back. So for instance if Tiger loaned the club £2M it would be in debt by an extra £2M, but if he paid the club £2M for shares, it would be in no more debt. Cash wise, the club would still have £2M in each case.

Similarly, as it states Ensco / Eales are converting some of their debt to shares, it reduces debt (whilst cash neutral). Perhaps ask Stewart Donald who did something similar at Eastleigh, effectively writing off debt by converting to shares.

[edit] Reading back, I think Myles's question was more quantifying how much debt was being reduced by, rather than the general principal of share issues.

Last edited:
Point 1. The share issue is "up to" 2,411,860 shares in the next five years. We haven't yet seen any allotments filed at Companies House to see how many have been issued. This does strengthen the capital in the club (on this transaction standalone), because unlike debt, you can't just have your shares paid back. So for instance if Tiger loaned the club £2M it would be in debt by an extra £2M, but if he paid the club £2M for shares, it would be in no more debt. Cash wise, the club would still have £2M in each case.

Similarly, as it states Ensco / Eales are converting some of their debt to shares, it reduces debt (whilst cash neutral). Perhaps ask Stewart Donald who did something similar at Eastleigh, effectively writing off debt by converting to shares.
thread ongoing re possible issuing of 2411860 shares .....which wont appear filed at comp-anies houseuntil after current shareholders have voted on the resolution..... resolution in full and accompanying letter to shareholders is the first post on this here aforementioned thread ......https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/share-and-share-alike.541/

Quite a few people on here appear to be very alarmed by the take-over. These people seem, on the whole, to be those who don’t like Eales. So, just wondering if those people are happier or less happy with Tiger as owner rather than Eales?

And what is Tiger’s actual agenda (nefarious or otherwise)? Why buy a (struggling) Third Division football club that doesn’t own its own ground and is losing money? I’m genuinely puzzled to see how this could be an ‘asset-stripping’ exercise, other than by investing in the playing side and moving upwards - as, in fact, Eales appears to have done. In which case, might not that be quite fun - as the last couple of seasons before this one were?

I expect I’m being naive. But, if I am, I’d be grateful if someone could explain…

Back
Top Bottom