What can be done to market the club better?

Headington

Are students marketed? What about in next door counties ie Bucks? See little of OUFC in the City no kids in kits? What should club do better? 1st class city 3rd class club

Are students marketed? What about in next door counties ie Bucks? See little of OUFC in the City no kids in kits? What should club do better? 1st class city 3rd class club

Since you've joined the forum you have posted a number of times with the intention to deliberately provoke.

1st class city, 3rd class club is pathetic.

Go away and find something better to do with your time. This is a 1st class forum and you are a 3rd class troll.

Serious question . Growing city we need to reach out to the population to make OUFC their number 1 club

What are your answers to this? Fan engagement in sport and marketing to new fans isnt as easy as many make it seem.

Oh yes let’s engage students the best way to do this is reduced prices = pissing off your diehard fans

More kids in kits! = money we might not have

Engage other regions = let’s get it right in Oxfordshire first

3rd class club? You clearly don’t follow football or know much about sports marketing. We are actually run a lot better and make more effort with fan engagement than A LOT of professional sports clubs, especially those with comparable budgets.

Grow up

He's trolling. Deliberately undermining OUFC. If you'd made the same point we could have had a debate. With him, it would be just amusing him.
I tend to agree. Many ridiculous comments on various threads then suddenly a 'serious 'one which JuanPabloRaponi gives a very good response.
Out of interest wasnt this season the largest number of shirts sold for years (including kids shirts)?

Visit Cowley factories, leaflet drops, set up an OUFC supporters club in the Universities, Stall at the freshers weeks at the Universities, OUFC merchandise in some of the outlets flogging the Oxford University stuff. Club already does the school stuff but could do a whole lot more

Visit Cowley factories, leaflet drops, set up an OUFC supporters club in the Universities, Stall at the freshers weeks at the Universities, OUFC merchandise in some of the outlets flogging the Oxford University stuff. Club already does the school stuff but could do a whole lot more
re: uni students. The club have tried lots of things, but as they have generally found, people mostly already have clubs by that stage, or are not interested in football, the return v effort/cost isn't great. They have also experimented with having merch in one of the unofficial uni merch type shops, and it didn't sell.
Selling tickets to anything in Oxford (football, music gigs, theatre, etc) is hard work. Costs are high, and alternatives are close by. People have lots of alternatives to watching often mediocre football, especially when money is tighter. The one thing that would attract people (of all sorts) is success on the pitch.

re: uni students. The club have tried lots of things, but as they have generally found, people mostly already have clubs by that stage, or are not interested in football, the return v effort/cost isn't great. They have also experimented with having merch in one of the unofficial uni merch type shops, and it didn't sell.
Selling tickets to anything in Oxford (football, music gigs, theatre, etc) is hard work. Costs are high, and alternatives are close by. People have lots of alternatives to watching often mediocre football, especially when money is tighter. The one thing that would attract people (of all sorts) is success on the pitch.

I went to uni in Cheltenham, and we would semi regularly go to watch their matches for something to do.

If you like football, and OUFC is the only club nearby, fans of football should be willing to give it a try anyway. I'm not sure to what extent marketing will be effective in that regard, but I agree that a stall in the uni Fresher's fairs would probably be something useful.

When I was at uni, I did more away OUFC games in one season than the 3 local clubs combined in my time there.

Still as family club of the year again, the club clearly are shocking at looking after families at games. How dare they focus on the future of the club eh?

Get it right on the pitch have the club challenging for auto promotion and it takes care of itself.

Promote the right games, scale down the push at xmas/new year/easter etc when people will generally come anyway.

when you have some current fans buying tickets that in general only attend the bigger games and/or so they have tickets for the reverse fixture/bigger cup games what will entice the non fan to the lower attractive games? . Trying to market Oxford v Fleetwood to a non supporter is impossible unless you're really wanting to attract long term returning fans,then you must understand the leisure pound is being dragged in many other areas so
can try free admission....What you then don't want is the attitude towards such attendees or abuse should someone need to leave a few minutes early.

Ultimately as always it's what is happening on the pitch that sparks initial interest.

Thanks @OUFCGav it’s easy for me sitting on the sidelines to assume the club have never tried various marketing , whereas they have and the club knows what does and doesn’t work

I’d target kids and the local area. The ground is hard to get to and isn’t a great experience but it’s all exciting if you’re a young boy or girl.

Thanks @OUFCGav it’s easy for me sitting on the sidelines to assume the club have never tried various marketing , whereas they have and the club knows what does and doesn’t work

The one thing the club definitely might have on its side now is people involved in global brands. If they can exploit links with Singha, and Bakrie's media/new media empire, there are opportunities there.

I’d target kids and the local area. The ground is hard to get to and isn’t a great experience but it’s all exciting if you’re a young boy or girl.

It’s not that hard to get to is it. Just off the ring road, u don’t see thousands of parents not going to the cinema or bowling cos “it’s hard to get to”. The biggest free car park in the football league. Football special busses, with more being put on next season

The one thing the club definitely might have on its side now is people involved in global brands. If they can exploit links with Singha, and Bakrie's media/new media empire, there are opportunities there.

Yes. Just one tweet by Bakrie can get thousands of likes.

It’s not that hard to get to is it. Just off the ring road, u don’t see thousands of parents not going to the cinema or bowling cos “it’s hard to get to”. The biggest free car park in the football league. Football special busses, with more being put on next season
I guess. It’s tricky to get there from somewhere like Headington without driving

Back
Top Bottom