What are you having for your Xmas dinner?

Not much of a story to it. Wife is Russian so no Christmas tradition, kids haven't really been indoctrinated about the Christmas Day dinner thing seeing as we live in Germany and everyone celebrates on the 24th here. So I asked them what they wanted on Christmas Day and they said lasagne. So there you go...

I should have remembered the 24th thing, 8 years living in Germany and then Scandanavia for another 5 and it was always the 24th. Weird, used to have to work on the 25th! (DJ in clubs) Had a Norwegian Christmas a couple of times, one at home with a family - every course came with a schnaps, absolutely shitfaced by the end!

Like OUFC I shall be getting my fair share of Swedes, Love mashed swede with roasted vegetables..

Wine, pudding wine and a nip of sloe gin before settling down in front of the fire. Lunch is the usual Roast Turkey and trimmings. I'm more interested in the booze nowadays than the meal. In the evening, I have a lovely IPA or two identified and bottle of Sancerre to finish it off.

I would not have guessed dj, if u gave me 50 guesses ? that’s amazing. Fancy taking over the mc from Rosie
Yup, 30 odd years in the business. Was at Scamps in the Westgate in the old days and then traveled all over Europe for another 15/16 odd years. Worked on radio in Denmark for a while too. Long time ago now. :cry:

Wife's a vegetarian
Youngest wants sausages
Eldest wants turkey
I'll cater for all of them.... whatever its gonna be better than my lowest time following a divorce when Christmas dinner was a pint and a pot noodle.....

Barbecued prawns with coriander and wasabi mayonnaise, maple syrup glazed ham, barbecued whole chicken, and of course sausages wrapped in bacon otherwise it wouldn't be christmas. Because I'm half German we do Christmas eve too: kassler baked in puff pastry with red cabbage, sauerkraut, spaetzle and semmelknoedel.

Barbecued prawns with coriander and wasabi mayonnaise, maple syrup glazed ham, barbecued whole chicken, and of course sausages wrapped in bacon otherwise it wouldn't be christmas. Because I'm half German we do Christmas eve too: kassler baked in puff pastry with red cabbage, sauerkraut, spaetzle and semmelknoedel.
Aus Bayern?

Back
Top Bottom