What are you having for your Xmas dinner?

Marked Ox

God like member
Following on from the Meh-ry Christmas thread, what meat, veg etc are you having with your Christmas meal? Or are you having a Veggie dinner?

As Chef, I've decided on the following

Main meal:
Shoulder of Lamb
Roast Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary (Bloody lovely).
Buttered Peas
Celery
Roasted Onions and Carrots
Roasted Parsnips
Stuffing Balls (Sausagemeat etc) wrapped in Bacon
Yorkshire Pudding
Mint Sauce

Pudding:
Homemade Dark Chocolate Fondant Tart with Cream and either Strawberries or Raspberries.

I find Turkey to be a dull meat so Lamb is the way to go. Brussels Sprouts can do one, nasty things. I like Christmas Pudding but it isn't the preferred choice.

So what are you having?

BTW, a couple of hours ago I passed Scotch Corner on the A1. The fields were full of young lambs. Hope it’s not a harsh Winter as that’s very early!

Following on from the Meh-ry Christmas thread, what meat, veg etc are you having with your Christmas meal? Or are you having a Veggie dinner?

Main meal:
Shoulder of Lamb
Buttered Peas
Celery
Roasted Parsnips
Yorkshire Pudding
Mint Sauce

Pudding:
Homemade Dark Chocolate Fondant Tart with Cream and either Strawberries or Raspberries.

I find Turkey to be a dull meat so Lamb is the way to go. Brussels Sprouts can do one, nasty things. I like Christmas Pudding but it isn't the preferred choice.

So what are you having?
Sounds good, what time u want us all ?

Roast lamb also, roast potatoes, sprouts, honey glazed parsnips, cauliflower cheese, cabbage, carrots, stuffing, sausage and bacon thingys, Yorkshire puddings and cranberry jelly on the table with the salt pepper mustard etc

All of the above subject to change if the mrs isn’t talking to me after the pre/post Wigan sesh ?

Traditional roast turkey here. Home made chestnut and apple sage stuffing, sprouts with chestnuts and pancetta, maple syrup glazed parsnips, roasties, red cabbage cooked with port, orange and apple, gravy from the roasting tray juices and vegetable trivet, cranberry sauce, bread sauce and pigs in blankets. All washed down with a few bottles of superior claret and followed by Xmas pud for Mrs Lounger, sticky toffee for me with a light muscat and then stilton and more red. (If we are still awake) And, of course, 3pm The Queen.

I'm intrigued. Anything special about the lasagne and how did the tradition come about?

Not much of a story to it. Wife is Russian so no Christmas tradition, kids haven't really been indoctrinated about the Christmas Day dinner thing seeing as we live in Germany and everyone celebrates on the 24th here. So I asked them what they wanted on Christmas Day and they said lasagne. So there you go...

Ambrosia rice pudding, straight from the tin.

Main meal:
Shoulder of Lamb
Buttered Peas
Celery
Roasted Parsnips
Yorkshire Pudding
Mint Sauce

Pudding:

Sounds great. Just one thing missing. Your address.

Mrs YR is an excellent cook, so I know it will be good. I will be in charge of drinks and the carving.:)

Sprouts however are a complete no no. Vile disgusting little green balls. The Devil’s grapes.:sick:

Back
Top Bottom