Wembley

Aeromouse

Anyone else going to Wembley tomorrow? Got 2 children who are Oxford & Lincoln fans so we're going to yet another EFL final! Will be wearing my Yellows scarf in amongst the Imps lot...

I actually forgot about that! No disrespect meant I just did. Might have a look on the box

Based on current form, I wouldn't rule out the Imps going to Wembley twice this season by reaching the play-off finals. Cowley brothers seem to be doing a great job there. With strong gates and money from their cup runs, would be competitive in L1?

Based on current form, I wouldn't rule out the Imps going to Wembley twice this season by reaching the play-off finals. Cowley brothers seem to be doing a great job there. With strong gates and money from their cup runs, would be competitive in L1?
Their average home gate is higher than Luton's and only better by Coventry in L2. They get approx 1,300 more than us.
Their fans appear United (and why wouldn't they be).
I think they'd be very competitive.

Isn’t it amazing that teams seem to do well in the league when they have good cup runs, so funny when our fans always say that we can now concentrate on the league now we’re out of the cups, but then we don’t seem to take that approach.

It’s almost as bad as when fans think it’s good to get relegated so you can rebuild etc, well it only took us 17+ years to get back to league 1 (old div 3), so please let’s not hear this kind of stuff in the future, please.

Last edited:
Anyone watching? Lincoln currently 1-0 up with 20 to go. Quite an entertaining game, actually.

Shrewsbury have been very unfortunate here. Rhead's challenge on Henderson was absolutely shocking and should've been a red card. Then they should've had a clear penalty too. Still, fair play to the Lincoln fans.

Shrewsbury have been very unfortunate here. Rhead's challenge on Henderson was absolutely shocking and should've been a red card. Then they should've had a clear penalty too. Still, fair play to the Lincoln fans.

Karma is a bitch, or at least quite a few who were at Shrewsbury last would be thinking that with his wind up antics:)

Only 12,000 from Shrewsbury after their season.

26,000 from Lincoln apparently.

Back
Top Bottom