General Well Run Club

The mighty Aldo

Having watched the FA Cup Final I would say that Leicester City are a club we need emulate
Everything about them is what we should be looking to achieve and do you know what I am optimistic that we are going in the right direction
During the Pandemic I have become more attached to OUFC and feel their dialogue with the fans has been excellent.
I also think our owners (who I wasn’t sure about to begin with) have won me over and are doing a great job, as indeed is KR who has not only having to manage the team but also be it’s spokesman most of the time due to COVID
I care more about my team and what’s going on in our league. I used to have one eye on the top division but with the advent of VAR and the Super League I couldn’t care less, other than to say teams like Leicester, Brighton, Burnley and Southampton give me hope.
Whatever happens this season we will all be there next season supporting the club we love

Agree with that.
TBF Tigers strategy always appears to have been to develop the Academy (Eales improved it but it appears to have been improved further)
If you look at Reading they have developed a load of very good young players (a full back of theirs is being linked to Bayern at the moment).
The young players in the Academy seem from the outside (I only see them a small number of times a season) to be improving. I reckon that Tiger is trying to build a similar model with bringing young players through, but also bringing in the Dickie, Brannagans, Moores, Atkinsons as well.

As The mighty Aldo also says, the club throughout has seemed to have communicated very well and tried hard to provide support to those struggling.

I did wonder if the BBC were bigging Leicester up as a well run club to rub it in a bit to the clubs who wanted to form the super league, it was good to see the togetherness with the chairman and to see a bit of passion for the FA cup.

Agree with that.
TBF Tigers strategy always appears to have been to develop the Academy (Eales improved it but it appears to have been improved further)
If you look at Reading they have developed a load of very good young players (a full back of theirs is being linked to Bayern at the moment).
The young players in the Academy seem from the outside (I only see them a small number of times a season) to be improving. I reckon that Tiger is trying to build a similar model with bringing young players through, but also bringing in the Dickie, Brannagans, Moores, Atkinsons as well.

As The mighty Aldo also says, the club throughout has seemed to have communicated very well and tried hard to provide support to those struggling.

Omar Richards has signed for Bayern on a free (he is now 23 so assuming outside of Bosman by the end of his contract and ooc) according to Reading's local rag.

I did wonder if the BBC were bigging Leicester up as a well run club to rub it in a bit to the clubs who wanted to form the super league, it was good to see the togetherness with the chairman and to see a bit of passion for the FA cup.
Don't think they are that considered in approach and it's an easy commentators strapline without realising that there are other clubs around run fairly well by Thai/Far East businessmen.

It does seem to be very important to have an owner that is genuinely interested in the club. Not just the 2m subsidy every year.
Player recruitment planning is key, even if you show an interest well in advance of a transfer.

It was a great opportunity to do so too.

Took perfect advantage of the situation to put the boot in a wee bit more and reiterate what is so wrong at these “bigger” clubs with egos that are even bigger than their bank balances.

When I saw the images of Leicester’s owner and Rodgers at the end I immediately thought that could well of been how Tiger & Robinson would be if we get promoted.
For all his past faults, I actually think Tiger has a very close bond to the club staff and players.
Our academy is improving year on year, this is our 2nd play off campaign in a row, we are a club where young players higher up the leagues want to come and play on loan, we are buying players and selling at a profit.

I’d say that we are a well run club.

I think that's the one thing you notice how many of the players loaned here really enjoy it. That's got to be great going forward that's where KR needs a proper pat on his back. Let's hope the week is exciting and we get to Wembley again whatever happens our club has done is proud 🙏🤞

Are you forgetting they cheated/bought their way out of the Championship?

Pertinent point being that Leicester did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules and this situation arose due to genuine differences on interpretation of the rules.

Pertinent point being that Leicester did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules and this situation arose due to genuine differences on interpretation of the rules.
Surely overspending is deliberately breaking the rules and how is a fine a suitable punishment

Nope, they broke the rules and paid the fine because they could afford it.
They were allowed to "lose" £8 million and "lost" £20.8 million.
Just like Derby & Sheff Weds they "sold" something....... to bend the rules.

"The investigation centred on a deal Leicester say they did in January 2014 with a company called Trestellar Ltd, to market the club in the UK and south-east Asia. That deal immediately produced an apparent £11m increase in Leicester’s sponsorship and commercial income, reducing the club’s loss from £34m the previous year. In the club’s most recent accounts, for 2014-15, Leicester say Trestellar sold the club’s main sponsorships – the name on the players’ shirts and the stadium – to King Power, the club’s owners.
The Thai owners were already sponsoring the shirt and stadium before the Trestellar deal; in 2012-13 Leicester’s sponsorship and other commercial income was £5.2m. After the Trestellar deal, with King Power still holding the same main sponsorships, the income immediately jumped to £16m."

The fact FFP is not, and never will be, fit for purpose is another thread.

When I saw the images of Leicester’s owner and Rodgers at the end I immediately thought that could well of been how Tiger & Robinson would be if we get promoted.
For all his past faults, I actually think Tiger has a very close bond to the club staff and players.
Our academy is improving year on year, this is our 2nd play off campaign in a row, we are a club where young players higher up the leagues want to come and play on loan, we are buying players and selling at a profit.

I’d say that we are a well run club.
I think you're right, there does seem to be a good atmosphere and good spirit - may be a factor in our numerous last minute triumphs. Karl does sometimes seem to pick on a player in public, which I really dislike, but on the whole they seem to like him and enjoy being at the club.

Back
Top Bottom