Weight Loss Support Thread

Do people weigh less upstairs then ?
Yes! By about 0.0001 pounds. Because you’re further from the centre of gravity of the earth :). It’s not really a sustainable plan for weight loss though. Of course if you weigh yourself while dropping from upstairs to downstairs you’ll weigh nothing.

Managed parkrun this morning again despite being a tad hungover. The wife and kids are away so dragging myself out of bed was a challenge. I’ve taken to volunteering at parkrun (one of the jobs that still allows you to run) because that means I have to turn up regardless how tired, grumpy and cold I am at 8am on a saturday. For me it’s more about fitness and mental well-being rather than weight loss. Those endorphins certainly help with symptoms of depression. I think the volunteering aspect also helps with that.

First 10k completed today. Hard work, but just finishing is an achievement!
Great work mate. Onwards and upwards, you have just proved to the most important person going (yourself) that you can do it. ?

Managed parkrun this morning again despite being a tad hungover. The wife and kids are away so dragging myself out of bed was a challenge. I’ve taken to volunteering at parkrun (one of the jobs that still allows you to run) because that means I have to turn up regardless how tired, grumpy and cold I am at 8am on a saturday. For me it’s more about fitness and mental well-being rather than weight loss. Those endorphins certainly help with symptoms of depression. I think the volunteering aspect also helps with that.

Spot on! Mrs EY & Myself normally set up the finish funnel etc, I run it and she does anything from tail walker to RD!
A leisurely 30 min 38 secs for me this weekend, not busting a gut for a PB as I`ve got a 26.2 mile walk on Saturday 20th. :oops: :oops: ??

Another 2lbs off this week which now makes it 11lbs off in 3 weeks. The calorie counting is working well for me. I'm going to start walking further and doing some exercises such as push ups and sit ups because the areas I'm most self conscious about are my man boobs and beer belly and I'd like them gone! I'm also not keen on my love handles and double chin which I hope start to noticeably reduced soon.

Really pleased with this start. This is usually the time into a health kick I start to fall off the wagon but hopefully writing about it here will help.

Another 2lbs off this week which now makes it 11lbs off in 3 weeks. The calorie counting is working well for me. I'm going to start walking further and doing some exercises such as push ups and sit ups because the areas I'm most self conscious about are my man boobs and beer belly and I'd like them gone! I'm also not keen on my love handles and double chin which I hope start to noticeably reduced soon.

Really pleased with this start. This is usually the time into a health kick I start to fall off the wagon but hopefully writing about it here will help.
If you are looking to get some body weight exercises going, may I suggest the plank, which will work your core really well, as a start point. 30 seconds of plank 3 times, twice or 3 times a day, will get you going.

@Joey's Left Boot .... hows it going??
Back from holiday this morning! Great time away with the family. I didn't go too mad on holiday but did have a few glasses of wine and beer every evening and more pastries than I should have but we did do a fair bit of walking as well.

It's amazing you can get out of the mindset after only 10 days, I found myself bingeing a bit today with a sandwich, 2 packets of crisps and chocolate all in quick succession. All the bad habits returned temporarily.

I've got my head back in it now, I'll be tracking everything strictly from tomorrow and will weighon Wednesday as normal to see what the damage is!

Thanks for asking @Essexyellows, appreciate it.

If you are looking to get some body weight exercises going, may I suggest the plank, which will work your core really well, as a start point. 30 seconds of plank 3 times, twice or 3 times a day, will get you going.
never understood that one, how laying down and leaning on your arms can help you - then i tried it and bloody hell its hard at first!!!

I dipped out on Parkrun last week, another local one was cancelled so we had 600+ and needed volunteers! Back in the game this weekend.
On an 18 day Myfitnesspal "streak".

Mostly by avoiding beer and doing "sensible stuff" . That will change a lot in late August/September with a few weekends away!! :eek:

Any others Steve? I am unable to run as I had my cruciate ligament removed after a skiing accident. So for lumps who can’t run what else can you suggest?

Any others Steve? I am unable to run as I had my cruciate ligament removed after a skiing accident. So for lumps who can’t run what else can you suggest?
My routines are pretty much tailored to my running, I tend to do front and side planks, dead bug and superman (should be able to Google them ok) but if you want some cardio swimming would be good as @Marked Ox said, or have a word with your local gym about the oliptical, my wife uses it with no problem and she's had a hip replacement - really good low impact workout.

Walking ... it doesnt have to be fast of vigorous either,.... a regular leisurely stroll helps ...as does (as others have mentioned) swimming... gentle excersize is much better than no excersize

and of course theres watching the mighty U's ... that gets the heart pumping too :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom