Weight Loss Support Thread

Walking ... it doesnt have to be fast of vigorous either,.... a regular leisurely stroll helps ...as does (as others have mentioned) swimming... gentle excersize is much better than no excersize

and of course theres watching the mighty U's ... that gets the heart pumping too :sneaky:
Yes, for sure, you can find ways to get walking into most days. I now get dropped off for work a mile away from the office so get a decent wander in each day.

Yes, for sure, you can find ways to get walking into most days. I now get dropped off for work a mile away from the office so get a decent wander in each day.
I walk down the hill to the shops & back up again most test , probably about a mile or so ...works for me :)

I walk down the hill to the shops & back up again most test , probably about a mile or so ...works for me :)

Do you live in the JR or White Horse [emoji23]

But in all seriousness, waking and cycling did me the trick and still does. Can’t run for s**t so do the mentioned pretty much everyday Mon - Fri.

I do at least 10 miles daily on the bike In around 35-40 mins and also try to do least 12,000 steps following that. All that has resulted in me going from mid 16’s (stone) to around 13-13.3 (stone) in around 6-8 months..

Bit above all. 2 bits of key advice given to me at the start. All exercise is good exercise and no matter what size or shape you are, people who know, will always respect you for whatever and however much you do.

Also, it’s only you who can influence change, nobody else.

18 day "streak" on myfitnesspal.................... weight lost.............. now`t. ?

Need to up the exercise I reckon..... ?️‍♂️?‍♂️

18 day "streak" on myfitnesspal.................... weight lost.............. now`t. ?

Need to up the exercise I reckon..... ?️‍♂️?‍♂️
I think streaking is taking things a bit far... But I suppose all steps count don't they...

`Orrible baskets the lot of you................. will try weighing myself after a ? ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stayed the same for the past few weeks, im really going to focus on eating low sugar and fat foods and walking more. I want to lose 20lbs by mid December which is 15 weeks so will need a few 2lb plus weeks.

Time to start exercising *gulp*!

Stayed the same for the past few weeks, im really going to focus on eating low sugar and fat foods and walking more. I want to lose 20lbs by mid December which is 15 weeks so will need a few 2lb plus weeks.

Time to start exercising *gulp*!

@Eaststandboy likes a jog now and then........................ plenty you can do without going to a gym or costing money. (y)

Despite a holiday and a weekend away I`ve resisted the temptation of the scales, will be back at Parkrun on Saturday so will "weigh in" Sunday although the local beer festival is on this weekend.......... :unsure:?

@Eaststandboy likes a jog now and then........................ plenty you can do without going to a gym or costing money. (y)

Despite a holiday and a weekend away I`ve resisted the temptation of the scales, will be back at Parkrun on Saturday so will "weigh in" Sunday although the local beer festival is on this weekend.......... :unsure:?
3 times a week! :)

@Joey's Left Boot ........... how goes it?

In light of @Eaststandboy Marathon efforts I`ve got into midweek training. Work have got a Couch 2 5k club on a Wednesday.

I had a bit of "slippage" with a local beer festival, local Quiz night and a few cheap curries! However back in the game now and shifted another................

1lb... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:??

Got a parkrun pb this weekend - 26:10. Haven’t run under 27 in 2.5 years.

I blame it on weight loss: I’ve binned drinking for almost a year now, done parkrun most weeks, and have done 20 mins of yoga with Adrienne most mornings.
I’ve gone from a steady 96-98kg to a steady 87-89, and still eat pretty much the same as before.

My 100th parkrun today and managed a PB of 25:50. A regular weekly run is helping me keep the weight off and sending my brain happy molecules.
Great work, sub-25 the next target, that's a proper runner time.

Might be of use to some.

I was run director at our parkrun today and coincidentally this bloke made a cracking video. He’s recovering from ptsd and injury to train for an Ironman in December, and makes some great observations.

Fell out of love with PR after some rather "terse" comms as the various lockdowns came to an end.

The lack of understanding shown by HQ for how things had impacted many people differently done it for me.

We got an email basically saying "If an event is able to go ahead we expect people to volunteer to make it happen".

Think they lost about 60% of the core team and 2 of the local ambassadors with that.

However life goes on, the local event still happens its just lost the camaraderie that was there and is now very reliant on running club "takeovers", which in turn makes it more like a timed race.

Still go out for a plod around the local streets and walks in the `Shire with Mrs EY(Mk2), weight remains "constant" creeps up in Winter, reduces in Summer!!

Back
Top Bottom