Weight Loss Support Thread

Never take the lift, within reason, and take the stairs. When you feel fitter start to run up the stairs, I do it out of habit now and it all counts towards calorie loss without having to go out of your way.

I have done Parkrun recently, just the once, it is fab as you say and love how you get all your stats afterwards on the website. Bit of a killer getting there for 9am Saturday though as Friday can be a bit of a 'treat night' after being good for the week!
Also I have taken to running up stairs and stuff like that at work, it all helps.

Parkrun is 8 am here! I only started doing it for my boy, but now I’m hooked and I am definitely not an early bird. That said I stopped indulging in a Friday night a couple of years ago.

I`ve also done some Parkrun "tourism"...... Maidenhead, after a rather nice meal at the H&F ! And Seaton when visiting the out-laws.
Seaton is a killer with a start & two turns on the shingle!!

Mrs EY is still volunteering and we are now in the "core team" for our local PR. Average crowd is 450-500, except New Years Day when we offer a Double Run with Victoria Park in Leicester, had 700+ for that!

I`ve also done some Parkrun "tourism"...... Maidenhead, after a rather nice meal at the H&F ! And Seaton when visiting the out-laws.
Seaton is a killer with a start & two turns on the shingle!!
View attachment 1676

Mrs EY is still volunteering and we are now in the "core team" for our local PR. Average crowd is 450-500, except New Years Day when we offer a Double Run with Victoria Park in Leicester, had 700+ for that!
Seaton in Devon?

Decent first week, I've lost 4lbs just calorie counting and being sensible by avoiding crisps, chocolate, pies etc. Really pleased!
I had 7 bottles of beer over the weekend but only because I knew I had calories I hadn't used on on average over before the weekend and that is have to be good for the next couple of days.

I know the first weeks loss is always greater as if you're body is thanking you! I know I won't lose that every week. My aim for this week (Weds to Wednesday) is to start walking more.

Anyone else shed a bit of timber since they last stepped on the scales?

As previous posts have mentioned, parkrun is a great way to keep fit and lose weight.
But let’s not forget that our very own Oxford United have a brilliant walking football club for the over 50’s that can offer state of the art training facilities at Oxford Academy on Thursday nights and tournament football too perhaps? If, like me you are of a certain age (f*****g old), you might like to amble along and give it a go?

Decent first week, I've lost 4lbs just calorie counting and being sensible by avoiding crisps, chocolate, pies etc. Really pleased!
I had 7 bottles of beer over the weekend but only because I knew I had calories I hadn't used on on average over before the weekend and that is have to be good for the next couple of days.

I know the first weeks loss is always greater as if you're body is thanking you! I know I won't lose that every week. My aim for this week (Weds to Wednesday) is to start walking more.

Anyone else shed a bit of timber since they last stepped on the scales?
Well done. As they say every little helps. I’ve been 12st 6lbs for ten years. I’m starting to lose interest in alcohol. I find if I have it after 900pm it disrupts my sleep pattern.
Recently I’ve developed severe thirst but I’m sure I can put it down to 80F heat.
The Fitbit watches work I feel as I always seek to go above 5000 steps. Sunday I usually make 12000 and it shows calories lost too

Well done. As they say every little helps. I’ve been 12st 6lbs for ten years. I’m starting to lose interest in alcohol. I find if I have it after 900pm it disrupts my sleep pattern.
Recently I’ve developed severe thirst but I’m sure I can put it down to 80F heat.
The Fitbit watches work I feel as I always seek to go above 5000 steps. Sunday I usually make 12000 and it shows calories lost too

Excuse my ignorance, what exactly is a Fitbit watch and how does it work?

I`m finding www.myfitnesspal.com rather useful to manage the calories etc "going in".

Unless you have a weekend off and find out how many calories there are in drink....... :oops::oops:

Just done my first full week back on the bike to work since October, knocked 3 minutes off my time since the first ride in but ache a bit, decided to come down to a campsite near goodwood for the festival of speed tomorrow and cycle the 9 miles in but my god it’s hilly round here. Hope I make it.?

Back
Top Bottom