Weather vs Sunderland

Being called off would suit us just now, with a lot of Sunderland travelling I would think it would sensible to look at this Friday afternoon.

Wind is forecast from SSW, so there will be some shelter from the South Stand,
but it could swirl in a bit from the open end

It swirls around the Kassam on a hot sunny day with no wind, so it’ll be batten down the hatches for Saturday!

You mean we never had bad weather before they started "naming storms" ? It`s Winter weather it can be wet, windy and cold.
64+ million folk on this island and two died because of "Storm Ciara", or bad luck, depending on your view.
No reason to postpone a game ahead of an event that might not even happen.

They postponed the Man City v West Ham game Sunday due to the storms. It’s not just about the game, it’s travel (trains etc) being cancelled.

I’d call it off now.

They postponed the Man City v West Ham game Sunday due to the storms. It’s not just about the game, it’s travel (trains etc) being cancelled.

I’d call it off now.

You need to get a grip.

It`s going to be a bit windy, the "amber warning" is for flooding so its going to be a bit wet.

Jesus H how would we function in countries that get really bad weather?

You need to get a grip.

It`s going to be a bit windy, the "amber warning" is for flooding so its going to be a bit wet.

Jesus H how would we function in countries that get really bad weather?

It’s about the game/spectacle, it’s not good in the wind, spoils it, especially at our wind tunnel at the best of times.

Latest forecast looks awful.

In the Ipswich match I thought the referee did really well and made the right call in stopping the game temporarily and then restarting with the agreement of the two managers.

However if the conditions and state of pitch are as bad as during the Ipswich fixture before the Sunderland match has even started then I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see it called off before a ball has even been kicked.

Looks 50/50 to me at this stage.

Well I hope the groundstaff remember to put the covers on and they don't get blown away or anything. ?? It's not like a postponement would suit us is it?

A postponement would suit us. Get players back, avoid a lottery and keep the pitch ok for Tuesday. If it cuts up as it will the poor surface would not suit us against Wimbledon.

Arguably, Playing into strong winds should favour our alleged style of play (passing football playing out from the back etc) but with a southerly wind coming over the SSU, it will be unpredictable all over so keep the ball down fellas...

So no amber warning at present.

Doesn’t matter how well the pitch drains, if regular gusts of wind up to 50mph mean that the ball continually moves at dead ball situations then the game will be in danger of being called off.

I suspect the wind will be more of an issue than the rain. Clearly the open end doesn’t help in these situations.

Back
Top Bottom