'We are not a charity' - Kassam

I wonder, does this apparent breakdown in talks mean we can start chanting "Kassam, you're a c**t" at games again?

As an aside, I thought the idea was for him to sell the ground and for it to be held in trust for the club/wider community so it would not matter who owned the club itself?

Well that was OxVox's idea. Sadly they seem to have forgot to tell Kassam.
Amusing to see typical politico B*****s from Bob Price. 'Oh, whoopsie, after twenty years of doing b****r all I must remember to get this sorted out in the next two weeks. Oh, look at the time, I've got a more important meeting to go to.'
This from the man who could have Kassam over a barrel ref the Priory if he wanted to but has never bothered to stir a finger against the man.
Reality is that for all the posturing, this club needs to find itself a new stadium. So have plenty before us. It hasn't been easy for AFC Wimbledon to climb back up the food chain. Nor was it easy for Brighton to sort themselves out. Nor Charlton. The list goes on. Those who would bind us into another long lease at the wind tunnel need to be gently led away from being anywhere near the scene of the next crime. They are simply Merry 2.0.

Morning Charles. Knew u would be here somewhere. Dam ironic to find u hiding behind a bloody pseudonym though

Not saying he’s a nice guy sarge, but I think there is only one way to play ball with him that will work, our last 2 chairmen have tried and failed with the tough approach and like with the from bob price the man just s**t down and refuses point blank. Oxvox has got further than anyone to a solution by talking to him and not telling him what he should do.

Look what happens when the club & council pussied with him previously, he walks all over them.

If you act like a mat then don't be surprised when people walk all over you.

The best the council and club could do is, find another place to build a stadium complex and leave him with a white elephant.

Not saying he’s a nice guy sarge, but I think there is only one way to play ball with him that will work, our last 2 chairmen have tried and failed with the tough approach and like with the from bob price the man just s**t down and refuses point blank. Oxvox has got further than anyone to a solution by talking to him and not telling him what he should do.

Look what happens when the club & council pussied with him previously, he walks all over them.

The best the council and club could do is, find another place to build a stadium complex and leave him with a white elephant.

We put ourselves in the position to be walked over by signing the lease. And I agree, if we can move then great. Up until now no chairman has agreed with that, and apart from the odd farmer being found, no land has been put forward that would actually work. Maybe if we hadn’t spent 3 years being led to believe that WE was the golden ticket without ever having agreement from the local council we would be further ahead in finding a site

Maybe the planning can and will be refused on the carpark and so it should, the council need to start putting pressure on the scumbag, this WILL have to be resolved one day,I can see us moving to another ground at some point........
FK will appeal to national planning, which can over ride a local planning rejection. Govt needs houses etc.

I agree. But FK will apply to replace the stadium with housing, which would be granted ASAP. I dont think he can lose. Well played FK.

Thing is I think the way oxfail have reported it has got fk’s back up. Bob price didn’t say he could use it as leverage or anything like that, but simply they could help facilitate the difficulties in the infrastructure of the site. Not having a go or forcing him, but helping him to help us, so all sides benefit, but that’s not how it came across in their article

Abusing Kassam will get us nowhere as he holds all the cards.

Would you rent somewhere and abuse your landlord having agreed the price you have to pay,knowing you have absolutely nowhere to go?

I was at the Oxvox meeting and Jem is absolutely right ,we have to keep talking and as the club and Kassam are in arbitration,someone has to keep communication going.

From Kassams point of view he is getting a regular income which he can renegotiate in seven years time. Why does he need to sell.

The only way out of this is to find a site with the help of the council which we could move into in around five years time because as I understand it we still have to pay rent for the rest of the term.
I think unfortunately you are living in dreamland. Its difficult enough to get planning @ a local/national level for housing in the county never mind a sports stadium. I think the only practical option is to look to develop Court Place Farm site, if big enough and agreeable to OCFC?

We put ourselves in the position to be walked over by signing the lease. And I agree, if we can move then great. Up until now no chairman has agreed with that, and apart from the odd farmer being found, no land has been put forward that would actually work. Maybe if we hadn’t spent 3 years being led to believe that WE was the golden ticket without ever having agreement from the local council we would be further ahead in finding a site
If Mr Eales is still owner, and if his relationship is still "strained" with FK, I can see a strong possibility if ground share with MK Dons.

I think unfortunately you are living in dreamland. Its difficult enough to get planning @ a local/national level for housing in the county never mind a sports stadium. I think the only practical option is to look to develop Court Place Farm site, if big enough and agreeable to OCFC?
Eales payed for City's 4g pitch ....which isnt to (E)FL standard/ requirements, a redeveloped CPF is feasible as a (shared )stadium, however parking would be ridiculous! ..... though thatd suit me as I could walk to home games

Eales payed for City's 4g pitch ....which isnt to (E)FL standard/ requirements, a redeveloped CPF is feasible as a (shared )stadium, however parking would be ridiculous! ..... though thatd suit me as I could walk to home games

It’s not even that feasible, the land around cpf has been really reduced due to the flood scheme. There is one Rd in and out that is a nightmare every rush hour. It would take millions to get it up to a standard that the efl would allow (look how much stew has spent at eastleigh) and there are even less places to eat and drink in reach than at the Kassam.

The only deal a ground share with city would work is to both look else where and use the land at cpf to help fund it

It’s not even that feasible, the land around cpf has been really reduced due to the flood scheme. There is one Rd in and out that is a nightmare every rush hour. It would take millions to get it up to a standard that the efl would allow (look how much stew has spent at eastleigh) and there are even less places to eat and drink in reach than at the Kassam.

The only deal a ground share with city would work is to both look else where and use the land at cpf to help fund it
the infrastructure ain't good there for sure..... but, IF developed (with double n triple Dekker stands, with decent food n drink outlets built in, it could be feasible ...however minimal parking in the area and limited access,(even with the new junction into Northway off the ring road due to open soonish), make developing CPF highly
unlikely to happen...

the infrastructure ain't good there for sure..... but, IF developed (with double n triple Dekker stands, with decent food n drink outlets built in, it could be feasible ...however minimal parking in the area and limited access,(even with the new junction into Northway off the ring road due to open soonish), make developing CPF highly
unlikely to happen...

Unless it’s changed that isn’t a junction into or out of northway. Originally it was for use of busses and emergency services only. (But that may have changed)

There is also I believe a height limit on building in the area so triple decker would probably be not allowed.

I’d have no issues sharing with city just think that site offers even less than the Kassam. By allleans link up with them and use the sale of that land to help fund. with the news that the science park would be open to use their spaces and the new station, then I think that is the area we should be looking.

But not necessarily on our current foot print. IMO the land opposite, already owned by cox and Thames water may be by far the best option, u would still get the housing designated for that area it would just swap sites with the current stadium. And with the sports pitches and parking already being thought about according to bob, we could also have the academy/ training ground right next to it .

Unless it’s changed that isn’t a junction into or out of northway. Originally it was for use of busses and emergency services only. (But that may have changed)

There is also I believe a height limit on building in the area so triple decker would probably be not allowed.

I’d have no issues sharing with city just think that site offers even less than the Kassam. By allleans link up with them and use the sale of that land to help fund. with the news that the science park would be open to use their spaces and the new station, then I think that is the area we should be looking.

But not necessarily on our current foot print. IMO the land opposite, already owned by cox and Thames water may be by far the best option, u would still get the housing designated for that area it would just swap sites with the current stadium. And with the sports pitches and parking already being thought about according to bob, we could also have the academy/ training ground right next to it .

sounds worth a look ...though roads in and out would need some planning!

sounds worth a look ...though roads in and out would need some planning!

I don’t actually think the road network in and out around Grenoble Rd is an issue, certainly no more than most ground when large numbers leave at the same time. It’s exciting the carpark that’s the problem. Hopefully addition car parks at the science park and others, better bus service and a train link would massively improve the situation. And occ already own the land. If they “really “ want to help us then the only hurdle would be getting in the planning on sodc land. But I think ur in with a chance as ur still supplying the housing just in a location swap.

Kassam is happy he gets stadium land to develop and may even give us a little golden handshake or at least not charge us for break long lease.

Club is happy we get hopefully a community stadium that other can use as well maybe with Council involvement in it.

Councils are happy, meet housing demand still. But gain anew facility that could also house city and the ice rink? Allowing development to two central sites as well .

I don’t actually think the road network in and out around Grenoble Rd is an issue, certainly no more than most ground when large numbers leave at the same time. It’s exciting the carpark that’s the problem. Hopefully addition car parks at the science park and others, better bus service and a train link would massively improve the situation. And occ already own the land. If they “really “ want to help us then the only hurdle would be getting in the planning on sodc land. But I think ur in with a chance as ur still supplying the housing just in a location swap.

Kassam is happy he gets stadium land to develop and may even give us a little golden handshake or at least not charge us for break long lease.

Club is happy we get hopefully a community stadium that other can use as well maybe with Council involvement in it.

Councils are happy, meet housing demand still. But gain anew facility that could also house city and the ice rink? Allowing development to two central sites as well .
that'd ALL be ideal .... hope SODC will play ball:sneaky:

Bob Price has got 3 Oxford Stadia to sort out before he goes in Feb. Kasstad, Oxford Stadium and the Rink....

All promised to be sorted. Going to be a busy few weeks!

Bob Price has got 3 Oxford Stadia to sort out before he goes in Feb. Kasstad, Oxford Stadium and the Rink....

All promised to be sorted. Going to be a busy few weeks!

3 birds 1 stone. Grant a joint venture on land occ own opposite the Kassam. Add in oxford city as well.

Funnily enough, when Firoka pocketed a big profit selling The Manor, one of the companies actually gave £1million of it to charity.

Back
Top Bottom