'We are not a charity' - Kassam

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
From the latest OM headline, looks like Bob's final mission has already failed!

But after the Oxford Mail spoke to the owner of the stadium, it became obvious Mr Price may be taking on one of his biggest challenges yet.

“I don’t need any favours,” Mr Kassam said.

“I am planning on providing housing for Oxfordshire which it desperately needs. I do not have to do deals in order to get planning permission so they can buy the stadium for a cheaper price.

“We are a commercial organisation not a charity.”

He added: “If the land has been zoned for housing then I am within my right to apply for housing.

“The local authority then have to decide whether they grant it or if I have to go to appeal and get it then.”

“My position has always been the same. The stadium will not be sold to anybody until I am happy it is in the interests of Oxford United Football Club long term.

the stadium landlord needs to realise he has not complied with the terms and requirements of his lease on the Priory.....

Oxford City Council are no a charity either, while OGB may be special needs, he doesnt have special rights

Sort out the Priory NOW .... the City Council can and probably should (albeit unlikely) serve a notice to close the hotel next to the Priory until the Priory is fit for purpose and use .... time to let the moths in your pocket loose Firoz, youve got to spend a few £m on refurbishing the Grade 2 listed building you hold the lease on Mister!

From the latest OM headline, looks like Bob's final mission has already failed!

But after the Oxford Mail spoke to the owner of the stadium, it became obvious Mr Price may be taking on one of his biggest challenges yet.

“I don’t need any favours,” Mr Kassam said.

“I am planning on providing housing for Oxfordshire which it desperately needs. I do not have to do deals in order to get planning permission so they can buy the stadium for a cheaper price.

“We are a commercial organisation not a charity.”

He added: “If the land has been zoned for housing then I am within my right to apply for housing.

“The local authority then have to decide whether they grant it or if I have to go to appeal and get it then.”

“My position has always been the same. The stadium will not be sold to anybody until I am happy it is in the interests of Oxford United Football Club long term.

link to Ox mail piece .....http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/15...l_leader_pushes_for_stadium_deal/?ref=mr&lp=2

mexican standoff looming between OGB & Oxford City Council?

Fizza doesn't like it when he doesn't get his own way...

Quite. So taking him to arbitration and refusing to call his stadium by its name, probably isn’t the best tactic while also trying to buy his property off him

Quite. So taking him to arbitration and refusing to call his stadium by its name, probably isn’t the best tactic while also trying to buy his property off him
I think tax dodging exiles ...like our landlord....who enjoy exploiting the huge loopholes in the law regarding tax avoidance, laws of the same country he exploits for tax avoidance also have other laws that actually do apply(for instance : conditions of leases, conditions of planning permission, etc etc etc) as well

I think tax dodging exiles ...like our landlord....who enjoy exploiting the huge loopholes in the law regarding tax avoidance, laws of the same country he exploits for tax avoidance also have other laws that actually do apply(for instance : conditions of leases, conditions of planning permission, etc etc etc) as well

Not saying he’s a nice guy sarge, but I think there is only one way to play ball with him that will work, our last 2 chairmen have tried and failed with the tough approach and like with the from bob price the man just s**t down and refuses point blank. Oxvox has got further than anyone to a solution by talking to him and not telling him what he should do. The only way we come out of this is by working with him. Even if we said right f**k u were off somewhere else, we could end up still paying him for breaking the lease and then he gets his money on top as well.

I am just glad cuddly uncle Firoz has cleared up that he is not a charity, who hasn’t wondered that over the years.

I see Kasssm got a dig in at Eales, strange comment about ownership issues, as long as he gets his rent why does it bother him, he didn’t care about the club when he was the owner so why pretend to now?

Made his name as a modern day Rachman he is a vile scumbag.

Sucking up to him won't and has not worked either. More pressure should be put on him and we need to grow a set!!

Possibly, but as it’s his property and he doesn’t need to sell. Trying to force him will have about the same effect as if someone said to u I want ur house. Sell it to me

Not saying he’s a nice guy sarge, but I think there is only one way to play ball with him that will work, our last 2 chairmen have tried and failed with the tough approach and like with the from bob price the man just s**t down and refuses point blank. Oxvox has got further than anyone to a solution by talking to him and not telling him what he should do. The only way we come out of this is by working with him. Even if we said right f**k u were off somewhere else, we could end up still paying him for breaking the lease and then he gets his money on top as well.

Im sure his family think he's a nice guy :sneaky:..... re stadium , of course that is a delicate situation needing kid gloves treatment at every stage, and IMO Oxvox have made huge inroads towards gaining a few degrees of movement so far, and more power to those discussions progressing favourably

However, laws of England and Wales apply and have to be adhered to, even by tax exiles, he is not above or immune to the law, despite what he arrogantly appears to think.... tax exile status does not allow immunity from conditions of leases and planning permission requirements

Last edited:
Made his name as a modern day Rachman he is a vile scumbag.

Sucking up to him won't and has not worked either. More pressure should be put on him and we need to grow a set!!
I agree Sir. Only thing he understands is money, which I respect.

Im sure his family think he's a nice guy :sneaky:..... re stadium , of course that is a delicate situation needing kid gloves treatment at every stage, and IMO Oxvox have made huge inroads towards gaining a few degrees of movement so far, and more power to those discussions progressing favourably

However, laws of England and Wales apply and have to be adhered to, even by tax exiles, he is not above or immune to the law, despite what he arrogantly appears to think.... tax exile status does not allow immunity from conditions of leases and planning permission requirements
I congratulate Oxvox on the progress made. Unless the law of land hits him in the pocket he is going to ignore it.

Bullshit. Softly softly with him gets you nowhere. Stand up to him. Play dirty. Do whatever you need to do. He wants a fight. Oxford should give him one.

Having read the article, I am confused. If by a miracle (not going to happe) FK did sell the stadium to OCC at a reduced price in return for planning consent to develop the overflow car park, where are the supporters going to car on match day?

I congratulate Oxvox on the progress made. Unless the law of land hits him in the pocket he is going to ignore it.
Heres hoping Oxford City Council and the local environmental health dept got the balls to take him on at last

Bullshit. Softly softly with him gets you nowhere. Stand up to him. Play dirty. Do whatever you need to do. He wants a fight. Oxford should give him one.

Name anyone, chairmen, councils, fans that have ever come out on top doing that against him. The last time fans stormed the boardroom and forced him to do something, we ended up with the very s**t lease we’re now trying to get away from

I agree. Only to get respect from a bully, is to stand up to him. Now, if that means relocating at the end of the lease, for me, that is the price the football club will have to pay.

Back
Top Bottom