watching on Ifollow

Unsure if it work on PS4, try logging in and watching highlights first before trying to buy anything. If you have a laptop I'd imagine you could connect a HDMI from that to the TV though.
Not got a laptop, Tablet it is then lol

I'd rather have people on seats than offer incentives to those prepared to pay premium prices to watch the game online.

The club and ifollow databases will be owned by different companies and will need permission from each individual to share between the companies. This will present a load of problems... I have at least 2 fan numbers possibly more and my email address is linked to at least two other fan numbers.

Call me a Luddite but I don't think it is good for football to be encouraging the 'Spotifysation' of football entertainment where artists receive a pittance compared to the record companies that use and abuse them.

Football will be shite to watch on telly without a crowd present whatever price you pay.
It isn't about replacing anything - nobody is suggesting swapping stadiums with people in them for stadiums that are empty. Just in the same way that while streaming exists, physical music purchases still makes up a HUGE proportion of the market. And do you know what sector of the music business has never been affected by anything piracy related in the last 20 years? Live music. People want to go to concerts, they want to be part of it, and that won't change. I would never stop buying a season ticket even if I could get a pass that let me watch all home games from my sofa. Most people wouldn't trade that in, but you'd get a lot of people who can't access the match now paying money to be able to. It isn't about replacing custom, it's about adding to it. This is what a lot of industries never really grasp - they look at what they've got rather than what they could have - but when what they've got no longer works, what is left? We need to find ways to use technology to our advantage, not shy away from it.

And as for the music industry, I can assure you, it was finding ways to underpay and exploit artists LONG before Spotify came along with streaming! Some artists are actually earning MORE now than they ever have, for a variety of reasons. But that's perhaps for another time.

I’ve just signed up for the Bolton game for £5 whilst in Croatia, so does anyone know if I’ll actually be able to watch the game? Didn’t seem to get any issues and am able to watch pre match videos etc?

Tonight, you should be good.

It's Saturday 3pm games that you might have a problem......

Interesting that you’ve had no dropouts. I having frequent, but very short (2-3s) hangs in the video which are very annoying. My bandwidth is fine and it happens on multiple devices, so I presumed it was something with the service. I’ll have to look into it further.

Yep, it's been outstanding this year.

Last year those sort of hangs were a constant, frustrating feature. But this year, not at all. And nothing has changed regarding my devices and/or internet service

I'm not very savvy with ifollow etc but it worked fine for me last night (the match itself apart, natch!).
Logged in on my ageing Acer laptop, ran HDMI cable to the TV, and watched the match with BBCOx commentary with no dropouts at all.
Did this last season for one away game (Rochdale?) and suffered several drops of 10 seconds or so.
Only downside is I didn't discover the F11 button to switch to full screen mode till afterwards, I expect everyone knows that but me!

Back
Top Bottom