Match Buildup Walsall...........................

Essexyellows

Assuming (dangerous I know) that it is 3.00pm on Saturday 30th November?
Anyone going? Always a good away day in the suburbs of Brum.

I can't decide if we'll take loads to this or not - talk on FB that we will take about 2K, can't believe that - even though it's only up the road it's still 'only' the 2nd Round of the FAC so crowds will not be pulled in anywhere yet at this stage I feel. Will be interesting to see ticket prices for this one.

I certainly hope we take loads. But November/December is shaping up to be quite expensive. Even for ST holders, there are multiple away and cup games, plus all the extra tickets for relatives on Boxing Day. Personally I am swerving Southend (and Exeter of course!). Some might decide Walsall is the one to miss.

The calendar is looking very busy! Going to Sarfend, Dongs (away) and Citeh (mid week home) and, of course all the normal home league games, then Wombles away. Mrs Lounger, being from the Walsall area originally, was keen to repeat our last trip there again so, another pair of tickets and travel costs plus, more than likely an overnight with a mooch around the arboretum Sunday morning. The Lounger coffers are looking very plundered!
Doesn't help that something is going on in Walsall Saturday 30th and all the hotels have hiked their prices.

Now, when we have won all those games, we won't care about the cost, will we!!

Kind of shows how things can pan out for our broad church of supporters.
I`m not going to Sarfend (used to live there, seen us win there, that`ll do).
MK Mongs........ Been there, don`t like it.
Midweeks are a No for many reasons...age mostly! :ROFLMAO:

So Walsall is a defo as I have a couple of friends who are Walsall ST holders.

I'll be going. Haven't been to Walsall for years. Last time I went Joey Beauchamp scored twice.

Definitely going to Walsall, in fact I would of gone to Darlington if they went through. Only games I won’t be doing are Southend,Exeter, MK.

Any idea when prices are announced for Walsall...

Definitely going to Walsall, in fact I would of gone to Darlington if they went through. Only games I won’t be doing are Southend,Exeter, MK.

Any idea when prices are announced for Walsall...
Considering it's next weekend, by the end of this week I should think.

there is also trouble on trains that weekend in the midlands

Doesn't help that something is going on in Walsall Saturday 30th and all the hotels have hiked their prices.

[/QUOTE]
Never realised Manorlounger that Walsall was such a tourist hotspot! ?

• React
Reactions: MJB
[/QUOTE]
Cultural hot spot, you know! Finest selection of pawnbrokers and pound shops in the country.
Very romantic as well, I remember so well being addressed as "bab" last visit. ?

Cultural hot spot, you know! Finest selection of pawnbrokers and pound shops in the country.
Very romantic as well, I remember so well being addressed as "bab" last visit. ?
[/QUOTE]
and in the Walsall wood area there is an old mine pithead structure still standing ( its very close to Walsall Wood FC non/local league ground, which is behind a large KFC drive through , just off Brownhills rd), for those interested in seeing a a bit contemporary social & industrial history when going to away games :sneaky:

If people are deciding which away games to pick Walsall should, all things being equal, one to go to as we get half the gate receipts after expenses. For league games we're just putting money in our rivals' coffers.

What's the issue with the trains that weekend?

Also, is the game definitely on the Saturday 15:00 kick off? Some talk about it being switched to the Sunday?

Its 100% on the Saturday
OUFC rejected the 'offer' to play on the Sunday... info re that is within the OMannouncement that the leasing.com match V Exeter being played on Dec 4 ( a few daysafter the Walsall cup tie) link to OM announcement...

Back
Top Bottom