Walsall Away

There is (thank god), no bloody way we are going down this season. My immediate worry is the spectre of ka-ka-ka-curse-him hanging over us and what players are going to turn out for us next season. Is Tiger Lily going to change his bloody bow tie? Is Mrs. Robinson going to calm down, over the summer break? Are Nelson and Ruffles actually going to get into a fight? Will a f*****g dog ever run onto the pitch? Are Hall, Baptiste, Bird-Beak and Carruthers ever going to get fit and stay injury-free? Is Erick Thohir coming here with some money-cheer? Are we going to buy a bloody forward who can actually hit a barn-door with a bloody banjo? Will someone convince Tiger to do the lottery, so that if he wins, he can pay the bills and wages on time? Will we get referees who can make the correct decision? Will Rachel Riley ever do Countdown in the nude?

There’s more chance of @Sarge and me riding our scooters butt naked across the Kenilworth Rd pitch at half time in the last game of the season! Actually, there’s a thought...?

There is (thank god), no bloody way we are going down this season. My immediate worry is the spectre of ka-ka-ka-curse-him hanging over us and what players are going to turn out for us next season. Is Tiger Lily going to change his bloody bow tie? Is Mrs. Robinson going to calm down, over the summer break? Are Nelson and Ruffles actually going to get into a fight? Will a f*****g dog ever run onto the pitch? Are Hall, Baptiste, Bird-Beak and Carruthers ever going to get fit and stay injury-free? Is Erick Thohir coming here with some money-cheer? Are we going to buy a bloody forward who can actually hit a barn-door with a bloody banjo? Will someone convince Tiger to do the lottery, so that if he wins, he can pay the bills and wages on time? Will we get referees who can make the correct decision? Will Rachel Riley ever do Countdown in the nude?
I met Rachel Riley once, damn I forgot to suggest that!

An interesting read, it seems that no-one thinks we'll go down.
Chris Powell on Sky last week reckons that 49 points will be enough this season.
50 points will 19 seasons out of 20.
52 will be 99% certain.
So one win will do it and no surprise that nobody thinks we will go down based on what 5 wins in the last 7?

I’m a little more nervous about this one than I was. They haven’t been playing badly recently despite the results, and they’ll be desperate for the points. Will settle for a draw and the magic 50 points.

I am sure we will be ok now, however I can easily see us losing tomorrow as a) we may be a little complacent and b) they will be massively up for it. That would then take us to a home game with the Wombles next week and all of a sudden the pressure could be on a little as they have been getting some impressive results - lose that and we'd then be faced with Charlton and Shrews at Easter with every game then looking tricky. I'm sure it won't come to that, a lot of the sides have to play each other too so points will be taken from everyone. I'd certainly take a draw tomorrow.

one more win or 3 draws should ensure safety

six wins is 18 pts... we could sneak the playoffs?

we can only catch one team so no, not a chance. even if we somehow managed to win all 6 games (let's face it, we would be happy with 1 or 2 to make absolutely sure we stay up) we'll still be 10 points shy of the top 6.

we can only catch one team so no, not a chance. even if we somehow managed to win all 6 games (let's face it, we would be happy with 1 or 2 to make absolutely sure we stay up) we'll still be 10 points shy of the top 6.
maths aint my strong point ;)

I am sure we will be ok now, however I can easily see us losing tomorrow as a) we may be a little complacent and b) they will be massively up for it. That would then take us to a home game with the Wombles next week and all of a sudden the pressure could be on a little as they have been getting some impressive results - lose that and we'd then be faced with Charlton and Shrews at Easter with every game then looking tricky. I'm sure it won't come to that, a lot of the sides have to play each other too so points will be taken from everyone. I'd certainly take a draw tomorrow.
Imagine being in Walsall's shoes tomorrow. They are massively under pressure and the place could have a nervous vibe. We need to go there with the mentality that we're far from safe and that we need to fight for every ball.

Back
Top Bottom