Walsall Away

Looks like itll be a wont know until on the day whether i can make walsall away.
Couple of £ extra (cash only at turnstiles) ....counterbalanced by concessions there , as at coventry, start at 60 yo :):)

Heading up for this one too. Neat little stadium in a weird location.

Are Walsall the most forgettable club in the FL? Normally most sides have something that makes them stand out - an unlikely stint in the top flight, a memorable cup run or historic giant slaying, the starting club of an international great or something.

What does Walsall have going for it? They just seem like a run-of-the-mill FL side that’s the epitome of lower half League 1 (like us at present).

Local lower non league walsall wood fc (located behind a 24 hour drive through kfc) host 'soul funk tion ' allnighters walsall wood fc is in the shadow of a long disused coalmine pit head tower

But the above apart, there aint much there...walsall sits between m6 & m6 toll very close to the top end of m5

The the do have a railway station behind the away end and there are trains from New Street every half an hour. I would say the best thing about playing Walsall is that you only have to spend a minimal amount of time in Walsall.

Walsall have become a bit of a bogey team these days (if such a thing exists). I'd be content with a point to hit the magic 50.

The the do have a railway station behind the away end and there are trains from New Street every half an hour. I would say the best thing about playing Walsall is that you only have to spend a minimal amount of time in Walsall.
So it's easy to get a train from the ground to New Street?

The away friendly supporters bar is no longer an option, instead they now serve alcohol in the away end I believe.
Yeah shame about the bar not letting away fans anymore. Was hoping to watch the Grand National in there after the match.

Yeah shame about the bar not letting away fans anymore. Was hoping to watch the Grand National in there after the match.

we played Walsall on grand national day a couple of years ago and I watched the race in the hotel bar just across from the stadium. they initially wouldn't serve me a beer but I stood my ground and stared at them a bit and they relented in the end ;)

is that the 'supporters bar' that people are talking about?

For those thinking of drinking around New St before and after, Birmingham are at home to Leeds on Sat (with a 3pm kick off) so likely to be busy, and potentially 'lively'...

There is (thank god), no bloody way we are going down this season. My immediate worry is the spectre of ka-ka-ka-curse-him hanging over us and what players are going to turn out for us next season. Is Tiger Lily going to change his bloody bow tie? Is Mrs. Robinson going to calm down, over the summer break? Are Nelson and Ruffles actually going to get into a fight? Will a f*****g dog ever run onto the pitch? Are Hall, Baptiste, Bird-Beak and Carruthers ever going to get fit and stay injury-free? Is Erick Thohir coming here with some money-cheer? Are we going to buy a bloody forward who can actually hit a barn-door with a bloody banjo? Will someone convince Tiger to do the lottery, so that if he wins, he can pay the bills and wages on time? Will we get referees who can make the correct decision? Will Rachel Riley ever do Countdown in the nude?

Back
Top Bottom