Walking out songs

We don't have to select just one, we can spread the honour across the Oxford scene. Candyskins one week, ATL, then Foals, then Ride, then Samurai Seven, then Supergrass, then Kanadia, then Radiohead... It goes on and on... Sod it, get the Nightshift team in to compile the playlist...
You know who the Nightshift editor supports??

We don't have to select just one, we can spread the honour across the Oxford scene. Candyskins one week, ATL, then Foals, then Ride, then Samurai Seven, then Supergrass, then Kanadia, then Radiohead... It goes on and on... Sod it, get the Nightshift team in to compile the playlist...
Though Ronan is a wycombe fan :-o

Thinking about Leader of the Gang (bear with me!), could we consider a cover version? A quick trawl of the internet reveals the following:

If not, perhaps we should consider banning the entire Spice Girls back catalogue due to their guilt by association? Also, who would have thought that Hulk Hogan would have such a beautiful melodic voice?!

Thinking about Leader of the Gang (bear with me!), could we consider a cover version? A quick trawl of the internet reveals the following:

If not, perhaps we should consider banning the entire Spice Girls back catalogue due to their guilt by association? Also, who would have thought that Hulk Hogan would have such a beautiful melodic voice?!
then of course theres the ( Gary less) Glitter Band version - Glitter Band are still playing and packing em in, Ive seen em live at a couple of festivals in the past 4-5 years - I could only find a live take on a quick search , but there is a studio recording of The Glitter Band - Leader of The gang ( I believe) .... here's the Glitter Bands version (live)

I'm sure the away fans will very much enjoy taking the p*ss out of playing this song at the start of every home match

I'm sure the away fans will very much enjoy taking the p*ss out of playing this song at the start of every home match

We're Oxford United, why should we give a s**t about what the away fans think? Unless you meant if we go with the Spice Girls version, in which case, yeah, that could be embarrassing. The Hulk Hogan version though, he's a real man, none of that girl power nonsense!

We're Oxford United, why should we give a s**t about what the away fans think? Unless you meant if we go with the Spice Girls version, in which case, yeah, that could be embarrassing. The Hulk Hogan version though, he's a real man, none of that girl power nonsense!

It won't matter which version it is, the chants will all be based around abuse of minors

Best one out there. Bring it back OUFC.
I realise it's a little old fashioned, but I'd rather stay away from any, however slight, association with a paedophile sex offender. I know, I know, call me a snowflake!

Still, if we are going to push ahead, we could have a Jimmy Saville type introduction, while Rolf Harris paints his picture at the fence end. Might as well go the whole hog.

Back
Top Bottom