Virgil van Dijk - £75 million

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Liverpool will sign Van Dijk for £75 million from Southampton, which beats the previous world record for a defender of £52 Million.

Absolutely insane!

In reality of course it's ridiculous, but in the world of football transfer fees, I have been hearing the same thing since before Trevor Francis became the first £1 million player

Silly money paid for a average defender,Liverpool have more money then sense,I despair at times with the premier league,no young British players ever seen to given the prospect to develop ,thank God for Burnley and Bournemouth approach

Marcus Liebherr only paid 13 million for the entire club back in 2009...

I bet Southampton's directors are pissing themselves laughing at getting £75m.

He cost Celtic two million in 2013, he was worth £11.5 million two years later, £75 million now, he is like a human Bitcoin, maybe Liverpool are hoping it continues and they can sell him for £400 million in two years.

'Nice' to see Murdoch's mega payout to one of the so called elite being invested wisely :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They could have had Nelson for 1/2 that and i have family who support them and there is another massive signing in the offing too..the game has gone mad and cannot be sustained like this. nobody should be surprised though as jim white and in cronies would be out of a job but for these over hyped windows.
Every one at all levels are obsessed with the throw money at it scenario.

Silly money paid for a average defender,Liverpool have more money then sense,I despair at times with the premier league,no young British players ever seen to given the prospect to develop ,thank God for Burnley and Bournemouth approach

Was thinking that what England really needs is more Mauricio Pochettinos.

What with Kane, Alli, Trippier, Rose, Dier, Winks, Walker & Clyne....about a third of the likely England World Cup squad got their Premier League opportunity under his watch. Whilst simultaneously Spurs and Southampton have had their best results in decades.

Meanwhile all the other clubs in the 'Big Six' would rather pay out obscene money on mediocre players than give young players a shot.

Was thinking that what England really needs is more Mauricio Pochettinos.

What with Kane, Alli, Trippier, Rose, Dier, Winks, Walker & Clyne....about a third of the likely England World Cup squad got their Premier League opportunity under his watch. Whilst simultaneously Spurs and Southampton have had their best results in decades.

Meanwhile all the other clubs in the 'Big Six' would rather pay out obscene money on mediocre players than give young players a shot.

Man City have spent big bucks but if they have bought mediocre players then it doesn’t say much for the rest of the premier league that those mediocre players are walking the league, and they destroyed Pochettinos team.

The improvement of young English and foreign players since Guardiola went to City has been as impressive as at Spurs, the stick Sterling was getting two years ago is silence now, nobody mentions Stones defensive mistakes now and the laughter that met buying Walker has been forgotten, plus he has turned a Belgian Chelsea flop into the best player in the world (if anyone is allowed to be called that barring two superstars), I know they cost a lot of money but no one in there right mind sells cheap to City (or PSG) with the oil money and he has improved them massively, and is giving chances in one of the best teams in the world to Englands best young talents at 17.

Stupid prices can never be justified, but to balance things up, Joe Gomez, Trent Alexander Arnold and Dominic Solanke have all played league games at Liverpool this season.

Stupid prices can never be justified, but to balance things up, Joe Gomez, Trent Alexander Arnold and Dominic Solanke have all played league games at Liverpool this season.

Likewise Naitland-Miles has played for Arsenal and a young keeper Macey has also been involved for them.

What about Alexander Arnold?

Liverpool do give youngsters a chance. Flanagan, Wisdom. Martin Kelly, just naming a few defenders as an example.

Liverpool clearly have a big defensive issue. It has been pretty obvious that the weakness at Liverpool is their defence/ goalkeeper.

Whilst £75M seems ridiculous, in context it could be a decent signing. Some 'experts' reckon that he could be as good as Rio Ferdinand.

But is in the top 10 of players that they have a realistic chance of getting and whom would wish to go there, a big difference

An interesting view. I reckon that Klopp, Pep and a few of the other top managers disagree with you on that one.
City wanted him. With Kompany injured yet again I wouldn't have bet against him getting in had they signed him.

He wouldn't get in the Man U team. Really? Not as good as Smalling/ Jones (who seem to get quite a few games)

Alexander looks a player. Quick, good on the ball. Clyne will struggle when he’s fit

Back
Top Bottom