View from an outsider

Same with ibr and napa. It’s the first time in a long time of seen people rise off their seats with the anticipation as they run with the ball. We’ve been to keen to get rid of it like a hot potato lately. Like in that fan video, people get excited, shouts of go on, or whip it in. And if it doesn’t go across we can still win a corner. Which have improved a lot with mowatt and silva taking them, actually beat the first man. Just need to work on attacking them now

Yeah I've seen pretty much every game on ifollow, its been hard watching of late but Saturday was an exception. Was so impressed with the performance, by so many, and was the first time i really got a good look at Napa, who i thought did everything you could have asked. Overall we just looked like a different team.

Saturday should be good, if so will have timed my trip home to perfection.

I think in his head Pep was coaching us to play like Barcelona- but he expected far too much from the players. I guess the guys he brought in were good when he last saw them play in about 2014

I know that Mehmeti was poor against Bury along with most of the others but the one thing that I did pick up watching him was his movement and attempts to make runs so I reserve judgment.

I thought his movement looked good too and was looking sharp v bury 1st 10 mins or so got himself into a great scoring opportunity early on and got clattered by a last ditch tackle and their keeper got his knee

I thought his movement looked good too and was looking sharp v bury 1st 10 mins or so got himself into a great scoring opportunity early on and got clattered by a last ditch tackle and their keeper got his knee
Yes; let’s not dismiss him, Hylton-like, too early.

Not to underestimate the difference having wingers on their correct wing made either, especially the last 20 mins where we had ibr and silva as well as napa all bombing down their natural side and having the ability to then put in a cross. Playing inside forwards never has worked for us (joey the exception). Especially this season as they just run into an already congested area. Get down the line put the ball in the mixer, easy. And when we have hall back down the left and ibr/napa down the right and rothwell breaking through the middle. That will be a frightening fast attack who ever we play up front.

All of our goals this season (doesn't include Saturday or penalties)

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 10.03.14.png

Only 4 goals outside the penalty box.

All attempts by Hall this season:

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 10.07.44.png

All attempts by Henry:

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 10.09.06.png

Closer to goal = more chance of scoring. Surprising eh?

That’s interesting, show the point on hall. He cuts inside but comes up against two big centre half’s so shoots from distance. Is there away of seeing the goals scored in the box from crosses ?

Hall has assisted 17 attempts (that have ended in a shot), 4 of which crosses (low or high (highlighted)).

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 10.28.48.png

Shows how little we have played him as a left winger. With his pace and ability to beat a man, there should be loads being put in by the byline. How many of those assists resulted in a goal ? 17 assists seems low for someone who’s one of our main attacking threats, ibr must have put in nearly that many on sat alone

Hall has assisted 2 goals. With regard to attacking threat, Henry far outperforms Hall.

Hall and ibr/napa our wide with rothwell or mowatt behind the striker breaking forward will get a lot of goals. And keeping the wingers on their wings will not only give us an outlet down both sides but with them not cutting in as much give rothwell as well as Ledson and ruffels more space to break forward without it getting congested

Hall has assisted 2 goals. With regard to attacking threat, Henry far outperforms Hall.
Do you have any defensive analysis between Hall and Henry? I noticed earlier in the season that we tended to lose when Hall played, and tended to win when he didn't.

Where do you get this data from?

By the way, it doesn't show Henry's goal on Saturday.

Do you have any defensive analysis between Hall and Henry? I noticed earlier in the season that we tended to lose when Hall played, and tended to win when he didn't.

Where do you get this data from?

By the way, it doesn't show Henry's goal on Saturday.

No defensive data, however, once fit Hall might be best off the bench.

He doesn't provide a lot defensively and clearly doesn't have the attacking output we would have thought.

Said above it doesn't include Saturday ;). Can find the data on public Tableau!

Back
Top Bottom