Chairman /vice Chairman called tranfer window wrong?

Sarge

God like member
They let two fit players go ( cheaply) late in Jan window .... didnt bring in a needed striker , nor a full back!

Are Tiger & Zaki to blame ( entirely/partially) for their decisions/ lack of investment in the Jan window?

Discuss

Do we need a striker? Taylor is apparently fit enough to play 90 mins today, and KR clearly likes and trusts Mackie, and then there’s Agyei... what would a fourth striker offer us?

An attacking right back would have made sense and offered the team something different, but apart from fullback we’re pretty stacked in all positions.

I think they did.... no issues will selling players for profit, its what we do.... the fee wasnt as they told us ( when saying no one is for sale unless the offer was exceptional) Exceptional (IMO)

the timing of selling two young, fit players was atrocious (IMO)

and failing to improve the squad was a massive failure on the boards part (IMO)

they, the board, claimed, promotion was the aim this season, at a recent open fans forum, their 'mistaken' way of operating in and at the end of the transfer window 'says' different to those proclamations (IMO)

what happens after the first team squad is broken up by the board? , 2nd league game following that, Oxford get battered by 10 man Posh - yep the board are partially to blame (IMO)

Yes. They are entirely to blame. Selling two of our best assets, leaving us with a bunch of non matchfit players and not investing any of it back.

It was the moment their masks of ambition slipped completely.

Good business selling Baptiste and Fosu but not on the last day of the transfer window when no replacements were identified and bought in, timing was shockingly poor, anther season wasted, hope I’m wrong but can’t see us doing anything now, 3rd in the league and we *ucked it up!!

Yes they are to blame, but Robinson needs to mix his formation up as we have been found out the last few games, Agyei not getting on the pitch yesterday when he done so well and turned the tie against Newcastle along with Kelly. Just annoyed me and I kind of get why some fans still dislike Robbo.

The board need to start investing in the squad long term rather than relying heavily on loan signings. We need a strong spine in the team
Surely you invest for the long term by developing academy players and bringing them into the first team. You are looking for a short term, big money spend on buying a player that has performed at this level at another club - no guarantees he will do the same when he gets here.......

It seems to me the only way we are likely to get promoted with the present budget control is if we have a lot of good luck with injuries. To have a chance we have to go quality not quantity. But this season we are now suffering due to fatigue and injuries. We did not suffer with too many injuries in our last 2 promotions

I have no issues with selling both Fosu and Baptiste, I think it was good business, the issue is you can’t fail to realise that at the start of transfer window is was widely known that we wanted and needed a RB, LB and a CF, yes we signed Browne and Holland but that was clearly always in their mind

The January transfer window was an abject failure to seize the opportunity we had put ourselves in, nobody is saying throw silly money away but we will have known before Jan where our shortlisted players stood on wages etc and we should have moved onto other targets. If we’d failed to bring in a RB but got a CF and LB then I’d buy the argument that they changed their minds, but to get none says to me that we simply didn’t want to spend the money

My opinion is that the board don’t want promotion just yet, especially without a stadium to cover some of the increased expenditure, Tiger left Reading because he couldn’t stomach the costs involved in Championship football

I think they would take promotion but they wouldn’t massively invest either. After all you don’t have to but of course it would be then a long hard season followed by relegation.

Robinson has some experience of that because apparently he was told at MK Dons that they didn’t have any money when they were promoted.

Steady progress is the mantra at the moment, if we'd had luck with injuries we'd be in quite a bit stronger position. Would we be happy if kr rested a lot of our first choice players?

Back
Top Bottom