National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
If anyone feels a bit crook after their jab then fill this in:

As we are all individuals the more data/knowledge they get the better the future jabs will be.

Coventry and Warwickshire where I live has the highest vaccine uptake in the country! Also the town where I live 35% of over 16s have been vaccinated. All very positive.

Over 16`s ??? :eek::oops:

Someone will be in the brown stuff!

Just had my first jab at the Kasstad, super efficient with no waiting about at all. Lots of people going through but the organisation made it feel safe and no queues. Hats off to all the volunteers and everyone else involved. 👏

GP asking people not to call but over 60s (group 7) getting jabbed before group 6 and people in group 6 including myself are getting very anxious.

Phoned GP myself this week to check I was on group 6 list, usual exercise in futility. All they could tell me was they were jabbing group 7 now but it was "unlikely" I'd been missed off the group 6 list 🤔. But couldn't tell me which list I am on.

• React
Reactions: m
GP asking people not to call but over 60s (group 7) getting jabbed before group 6 and people in group 6 including myself are getting very anxious.

Phoned GP myself this week to check I was on group 6 list, usual exercise in futility. All they could tell me was they were jabbing group 7 now but it was "unlikely" I'd been missed off the group 6 list 🤔. But couldn't tell me which list I am on.

Have you had a look at the Omni Vaccine Calculator (link) ?

I'm in same group as you and it shows that 1.9 million of us are still to be vaccinated and should receive 1st jab within the next 11 days.

Have you previously had a letter from your GP saying you are at risk from Covid? If so you meet one of the conditions for booking your jab directly on the NHS online booking system so you can skip waiting for the GP to do it. I did that when they released the 64 or over group.

Have you previously had a letter from your GP saying you are at risk from Covid? If so you meet one of the conditions for booking your jab directly on the NHS online booking system so you can skip waiting for the GP to do it. I did that when they released the 64 or over group.

The clinically vulnerable (as opposed to extremely vulnerable) did not receive these letters and can't book on the NHS system.

Yeah I'm 16-64 with underlying conditions. Not CEV. So no shielding letter, mostly because the hospital and GP can't talk to each other mind.

• React
Reactions: m
Got my invite in the post this morning (cohort 7), booked in at Aylesbury - first jab on Sunday and second jab at end of May.

Tried for the Kassam but as quickly as I selected a slot, the system told me that it was no longer available......

Had mine on Saturday.
39 and diabetic. Felt really rough from late Saturday night and Sunday. Flu like symptoms and and a banging headache. Back to normal today. Lots of younger people in the queue around me. Girl behind was 19 and asmatic. I think it depends a lot on where your surgery is based. I'm lucky that my gp is in a small village and I can normally get a appointment the same day. ( They were doing the covid jabs in the village hall) Where as a couple of women who work for me can wait for upto a month just for a appointment in Didcot just up the road.

Dropped Mrs Lounger at the Kastad for her first jab. Feels very odd parked up and not going in to watch a game. Sun is shining and would be a fine day for footy. Hopefully soon.

Last edited:
NHS are now moving on to "anyone over 56"...... which would be me, but I`m done.
I`m expecting a phone call from the GP, a letter from the CCG and work to keep badgering me because nobody talks to each other!! :ROFLMAO:

One thing that was great to see yesterday on Ifollow was the comings and goings of cars in the car park, most (all) of which were getting the vaccine. Very positive at the momentum over there, in contrast to the fannying on of those responsible over here.
They are also very, very efficient. Mrs Lounger was in and out in about 15 minutes. Ahead of her scheduled time slot as well. Very impressed.

I was impressed as well. Had mine at the Kassam just over a week ago. The whole thing from parking up to exit took 10-15 mins. No waiting just several questions then straight to a cubicle and job done.

Numbers might slow down a bit this week as we are waiting for the next "brew" of vaccine, as was expected.
Back into gear next week at full chat!

Back
Top Bottom