National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
Those researchers that help create vaccines and the like?
It`s a big machine that needs all its parts working to look after the population and that`s not just Covid.
It`s certainly not abuse but you will always get "what about....." everywhere.

Not in this case, no.

I get everything that you're saying.

The nearest vaccination centre is five minutes walk from home on the way into town. Apparently yesterday because of the snow, many elderly people didn't turn up for their appointments, so drivers and carers accompanying those that did turn up were given the jab because otherwise it would have been thrown away at the end of the day. I guess it's not practical to say "just turn up and see" as there could be 1000s queuing. But couldn't someone organise a waiting list where you sign up and can then get the jab if space comes free? I was actually sat outside the venue on a bench on the way back from town centre and thought it looked quiet compared to the week before. Whereas I don't think I'll be due to get vaccinated for several months until they get through the 9 vulnerable categories and onto the Rest Of Adult Population sometime between May and the Autumn

Just got my invite to attend locally in Faringdon. Very pleased and slightly surprised, although I have just turned 65 I don't belong to any category that might have propelled me to the front of the queue. Not going to be turning the opportunity down though! Mrs Lounger will have to wait a little longer. (cradle snatcher that I am!)

Going to be a while before we get them here in Perth, I guess. (Like everything ... still waiting for ABBA to tour here. WA stands for Wait Awhile).

What’s the maximum hoped for a day? Are we getting near it yet?

Well if you don't state at target then whatever you achieve can be hailed as a huge success.

In all seriousness though, the vaccines do seem to be being rolled out with superb efficiency. 'We' do appear to be doing this well.

Well if you don't state at target then whatever you achieve can be hailed as a huge success.

In all seriousness though, the vaccines do seem to be being rolled out with superb efficiency. 'We' do appear to be doing this well.

A week or so ago, we were delivering the vaccine 4 times quicker than any other European country (with the exception of Malta I think!) We've really rammed it up in the last few weeks so can only imagine that the gap is even bigger now.

We've got many things wrong with covid, but with this we are doing incredibly well.

Just got my invite to attend locally in Faringdon. Very pleased and slightly surprised, although I have just turned 65 I don't belong to any category that might have propelled me to the front of the queue. Not going to be turning the opportunity down though! Mrs Lounger will have to wait a little longer. (cradle snatcher that I am!)
How were you contacted? , I am 64 but in the extremely clinically vulnerable band, don’t have a huge amount of faith in gp practice administrators, as my wife last year got a invite for flu vaccine which she wasn’t eligible for and I didn’t get one and I was

How were you contacted? , I am 64 but in the extremely clinically vulnerable band, don’t have a huge amount of faith in gp practice administrators, as my wife last year got a invite for flu vaccine which she wasn’t eligible for and I didn’t get one and I was
By text direct from the medical practice in Faringdon. Have to say I've been very impressed with their efficiency all round. White Horse Medical Practice.
Booked by appointment from a choice of ten minute slots two days ahead. All done from my mobile. Easy.

which breed of vax are people receiving?..do you get told which beforehand?

@Essexyellows, what's your take on the delay to the second jab? Do you think we should be halving it to 6 weeks? Any inside info on what stretching out the second shot could mean out in the real world?

I think the government are being sidetracked wanting to say 'x million' have had their first jab, instead of 'x/2 million' have completed their vaccination. Obviously a tough decision to make.

Interesting call.
1 jab gives around 65% efficacy for an unresearched/unstudied period of time, hence the need for 2 which is Pfizer`s 3 week "known factor".
However is it better that more people get that 65% or far fewer get 75%+ efficacy?
To add to the mix the base of the vaccine is a known factor that has been tweaked, it`s safe but the true level of protection isn`t fully understood.
We are, effectively, a mass clinical trial.

Perhaps it's because the military have done the logistics.....

I'll even give the government a smiley face for picking the right contractors then!

Edit: and the military of course.

Back
Top Bottom