National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
I read last week that there seems to be stronger side effects with the second pfizer jab than the first.

Had 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday. Woke up this morning feeling absolutely crap, as though I had the worst possible case of flu. Taking paracetamol for the first time in over 20yrs.
Suffering effects of long covid, memory shot, brain fog and still bringing up phlegm. After shielding for 6mnths, went out for the meal deal in October and caught the virus along with viral pneumonia.
Yes take care. I had it April last year. Lasted for three months. But the cough and Phlegm lingered until December!!

Had first jab (AZ) yesterday. My local large vaccination centre was taking walk-ins on Wednesday and someone tipped me off that if they weren't busy they would accept people even if they weren't in the current tranche of over 50s or other eligibles, although I think you had to be pretty close.

Had first jab (AZ) yesterday. My local large vaccination centre was taking walk-ins on Wednesday and someone tipped me off that if they weren't busy they would accept people even if they weren't in the current tranche of over 50s or other eligibles, although I think you had to be pretty close.
You will have to let us know if you've joined Jab reaction club tomorrow, i hope for your sake you don't it's not a fun experience

Maybe the poll should be modified to show which drug was administered and was there a reaction

Both me and my wife had our first jabs (AZ) yesterday morning. So far, 36 hours later, I’ve thankfully had no reaction whatsoever. My wife had a sore arm yesterday, it felt like a bruise, and she woke once in the night feeling chilly and a bit lightheaded. A couple of paracetamols and she was back to sleep. She still has a sore arm today but it’s gradually improving.

Overall not a big deal, but those who have suffered really do have my sympathy.

You will have to let us know if you've joined Jab reaction club tomorrow, i hope for your sake you don't it's not a fun experience

Maybe the poll should be modified to show which drug was administered and was there a reaction
Update nearly two days after the AZ jab. Slight ache in left arm yesterday and felt a little bit tired in the afternoon, but that might just be coincidence. No fever or temperature or sweats or sniffles.

2nd jab booked for today. Wasn't expecting that!

1st was on invite from GP surgery which I had last month. About a week later they texted me with a link to book my second and instructions to keep on trying it. No sots available until today. I was expecting to have to wait at least another month!

Yeah all sorted for next week.

Initially the vaccine centre options were over 40 miles away but changing daily so I was just holding for a few days and hey presto I now have a local option sorted.

Still totally impressed with this roll out 👌
Had the same experience initially but tried again after reading your post, now booked in locally for Monday, and second one early July.

Once again, kudos to the government for this rollout, there have been a lot of mistakes but the vaccine rollout has been handled very well.

Had the same experience initially but tried again after reading your post, now booked in locally for Monday, and second one early July.

Once again, kudos to the government for this rollout, there have been a lot of mistakes but the vaccine rollout has been handled very well.
Err, that's because it's the NHS running it, not the government!

Back
Top Bottom