Vaccination centre

Blox21

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere but does anyone know if the Kassam is up to holding a football match say with a normal sized crowd and being a vaccination centre at the same time

They are offering vaccines the same day as our game against Charlton, for now, it looks like both will happen.

They are offering vaccines the same day as our game against Charlton, for now, it looks like both will happen.
Last I heard was that the safety folk had deemed it unsafe for the vaccination centre to operate at the same time as a match was scheduled.
In terms of the stadium, the bars and conference areas are off limits but, the boxes and adjacent corridors would be available. As would the old Manor and Maurice Evans Lounges. All the set up bays and admin areas for the vaccination stays in situ. Players area, Manager's and Chairman's offices, ticket office etc is not affected.
The 1893 club has been shut down for this season but, the club is setting up a restaurant for limited numbers, in the Manor Lounge. (bit of a knock to those who normally use the 1893 club who, having bought a season ticket without the extras, now find that someone else, sitting next to them, can benefit without buying a season ticket!)

Going to be a bit of a nightmare for parking/traffic for both customers e.g. those going to the match and those going for their vaccination.

Both happened for the Play off game against Blackpool, but obv the crowd was a lot less.

I'd be very interested to know how this is going to work for other football stadia that are being used as vaccination centres? Will they all carry on vaccinating while games go on, or is it just the Kassam Stadium that is doing this?

I know there's a vaccination programme to meet, which is obviously important, but the primary use should be as a football stadium, surely? They are vaccinating about twelve hours a day, seven days a week, and have been for about six months. Can they not schedule to halt vaccinations for about four hours 25 times a year? They've had our fixtures for some time now, so it wouldn't be difficult to arrange, and as I understand it the vaccine centres (of which there are many others available) are not exactly operating at full capacity anyway.

Or is it that our landlord is maximising his income from this latest little earner to drop into his lap, at the expense, and inconvenience, of his main tenant???!!!

I'd be very interested to know how this is going to work for other football stadia that are being used as vaccination centres? Will they all carry on vaccinating while games go on, or is it just the Kassam Stadium that is doing this?

I know there's a vaccination programme to meet, which is obviously important, but the primary use should be as a football stadium, surely? They are vaccinating about twelve hours a day, seven days a week, and have been for about six months. Can they not schedule to halt vaccinations for about four hours 25 times a year? They've had our fixtures for some time now, so it wouldn't be difficult to arrange, and as I understand it the vaccine centres (of which there are many others available) are not exactly operating at full capacity anyway.

Or is it that our landlord is maximising his income from this latest little earner to drop into his lap, at the expense, and inconvenience, of his main tenant???!!!
Moving the vaccines would mean a lot of telephone calls to reschedule, there are 16 bays and both times i have been, there is a constant flow of at least 10 post jab with 10 getting theirs done.

Moving the vaccines would mean a lot of telephone calls to reschedule, there are 16 bays and both times i have been, there is a constant flow of at least 10 post jab with 10 getting theirs done.
But they have got our fixtures, and have had them for a while now, so don't schedule for those days, it's not rocket science. They know exactly when we need the stadium between now and next May, so they could easily schedule around it and still meet their quotas.

Anyway, you miss my point, which is that I suspect Kassam is sweating the asset to the maximum, at the expense of OUFC, rather than working with us. It's supposed to be a football ground for fucks sake and we have been paying full rent all the way through the COVID period, despite not having use of all the facilities. The sooner we move out of there the better.

Is this the reason why we haven't been able to play any home friendlies at the kassam and aren't allowed to use it until the 1st of August or is there other reasons?

But they have got our fixtures, and have had them for a while now, so don't schedule for those days, it's not rocket science. They know exactly when we need the stadium between now and next May, so they could easily schedule around it and still meet their quotas.

Anyway, you miss my point, which is that I suspect Kassam is sweating the asset to the maximum, at the expense of OUFC, rather than working with us. It's supposed to be a football ground for fucks sake and we have been paying full rent all the way through the COVID period, despite not having use of all the facilities. The sooner we move out of there the better.
Well you are one of the only people on this forum to know when that’s likely to be.

He would be in breach of contract if he didn’t let us use the full facilities wouldn’t he? We don’t get much for the money we pay but to start restricting it further would be a joke, before long we will be reduced to the use of just one goal.

I thought it had been said on here that Kassam wasn't charging for the use of the stadium as a vaccination centre?

(Having just typed that, I realise how ridiculous it looks!)

Yeah they could have paused Saturday and Tues evening bookings until the fixtures were out.

I feel they centre is in too deep with appointments to simply move/cancel them.

The number of vaccinations given must be greatly reduced as they move down the age groups and will likely stay low until the booster jabs are started. I think it’s reasonable to have shorter days on match days.

Yeah they could have paused Saturday and Tues evening bookings until the fixtures were out.

I feel they centre is in too deep with appointments to simply move/cancel them.
And I'll repeat, I was told by the club safety officer that the vaccination centre would not be open when there was a match taking place.

I thought it had been said on here that Kassam wasn't charging for the use of the stadium as a vaccination centre?

(Having just typed that, I realise how ridiculous it looks!)
Ka££am is charging full market rent. Reading would only allow vaccine centre until football returned & it has moved to a local shopping centre.

He would be in breach of contract if he didn’t let us use the full facilities wouldn’t he? We don’t get much for the money we pay but to start restricting it further would be a joke, before long we will be reduced to the use of just one goal.
As long as it's always the end we are kicking towards, this could be a genius plan.

Appointments on match days have now been cancelled so there won't be any issues.

FK is also raking it in using the Holiday Inn Express as a COVID Quarantine Hotel. I got told off a couple of weeks ago for running through the carpark, they've cordoned it off now.

Back
Top Bottom