Use of Fake Notes

Farrscatering

Good Afternoon all,

Just a quick note.

We have seen an increase in the use of Fake £5 & £20 notes, as you can appreciate this is very disappointing for us as its money that has to be confiscated and destroyed by the banks.

Because of this we will be using the notes we've found to teach staff what to look out for to prevent future occurrences.

If any person is found to be trying to pay with Fake Notes we will immediately contact Stadium Stewards & Thames Valley Police. As well as confiscating the note to ensure it is handed to police, and we will seek to prosecute any person attempting to commit fraud.

We have pinpointed the source of the notes and are currently checking CCTV to pinpoint the person responsible.

We will also be issuing Note Checking Pens from now on for staff to use.

I hope this issue can resolved.

Kindest Regards

Bailey

Apparently one of the ways to spot a fake fiver is the house’s of parliament is missing..........but beforehand some says anything its nothing to do with Brixit.

Round these parts the scroates have discovered that hairspray fools the note checking pens....... also lots of fake Scottish notes being used.

Round these parts the scroates have discovered that hairspray fools the note checking pens....... also lots of fake Scottish notes being used.
something I've always wondered is whether there is some sort of homing device on Scottish banknotes aligning to ex pat' Scots.... any time I've been at a checkout till, anywhere in England and offered Scottish banknote/s in payment, as soon as the cashier appears slightly bemused, and begins to examine the said Scottish banknote/s.... a Scot, ( usually but not always Male), instantly materialises, saying words, to the cashier, to the effect of ' I think you'll find that is legal tender '

Last edited:
something I've always wondered is whether there is some sort of homing device on Scottish banknotes aligning to ex pat' Scots.... any time I've been at a checkout till, anywhere in England and offered Scottish banknote/s in payment, as soon as the cashier appears slightly bemused, and begins to examine the said Scottish banknote/s.... a Scot, ( usually but not always Male), instantly materialises, saying words, to the cashier, to the effect of ' I think you'll find that is legal tender '

Indeed.... but any trader can refuse to accept them. A shop owner can choose what payment they accept. If you want to pay for a pack of gum with a £50 note, it’s perfectly legal to turn you down. Likewise for all other banknotes, it’s a matter of discretion. If your local corner shop decided to only accept payments in Pokémon cards that would be within their right too. https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/what-is-legal-tender

Back
Top Bottom