U’s v Bolton 1973/74

Really enjoyed flicking through that. Thanks for posting.
Noticed Neil Whatmore lined up for the Trotters on that day.

Got anymore programmes you can put up. Could do a mini series during the close season to keep us all interested ?

Really enjoyed flicking through that. Thanks for posting.
Noticed Neil Whatmore lined up for the Trotters on that day.
Have a feeling Whatmore played for us v Leeds, evening match, Milk Cup, '83? Stormed em 4-1. Linked up well with Andy Thomas. I am not sure....memory fading. One thing is for sure. Joey was absolutely on fire.

Advert for The Fox.
"Matchday parking problems solved, leave your car outside.", some things never change.

I was there and I've still got the programme.

Memories!!
I went and have the prog.
A couple of weeks later we played Luton twice in four days at easter. Home on GF 1-1
Preston away on the Sat 0-0. Then Luton away on the Tues and we won 1-0 against the odds. Ken Skeen with one of his specials!
Great memories[/QUOTE]

Before my time but was there for the 5-0 drubbing in 84 - all goals in the first half. My mate was a Bolton fan and the drive home must have been painful.

Here’s another one for you - Orient v Oxford Utd from 1976.
We got relegated that day from the old second division (the club’s first relegation).
I was at there ... needed results to go our way & our result to be a specific score(?) - pitch invasions,- fleet of (LRTC) Double decker buses - Gerry Summers (?)coming out post match to try to calm down Oxfords travelling hordes..... incidents on North Circular en route back to Gods country, if memory serves including with Spuds fans who bit off more than they realised!

Hope them smug, classless cockney wankers rot in the National League for a few more seasons yet

Last edited:
That was a depressing day, it was mick Brown who was manager then ,dustbowl of a pitch, huge turnout by the fans, we were locked in at the end with no notice, lots of angry fans at the end, gates broken down

Back
Top Bottom