International News US Election YF Vote/Prediction

Who will win the US Election on Tuesday?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I`m surprised, considering the generic liberalism of this place, that the vote is so close.
If that is reflected across the pond it could be 4 more years of pain for some............
Why? The question is not who do you *want* to win the election, it is who do you think *will* win it. Not in a million years would I want Trump to win it, but it was a close run thing which way I answered the question.

I`m surprised, considering the generic liberalism of this place, that the vote is so close.
If that is reflected across the pond it could be 4 more years of pain for some............

I want Biden to win (or Kanye West) but voted that I think Trump will win.

Still, not the first time you’ve been confused on what a vote or referendum was asking ?

I want Biden to win (or Kanye West) but voted that I think Trump will win.

Still, not the first time you’ve been confused on what a vote or referendum was asking ?

I`m not confused thank you.
The question is "Who will win...." not "Who do you think will win" ;)
I thought people would be far more optimistic about Biden winning to bring the USA "back from the brink".

I`m not confused thank you.
The question is "Who will win...." not "Who do you think will win" ;)
I thought people would be far more optimistic about Biden winning to bring the USA "back from the brink".
What? None of us know who *will* win. You'd need to be able to see into the future - and if we were able to do so then they would have sold precious few iFollow passes to us today!
So we have to use our 'skill and judgement' (like Spot The Ball) to assess where the hanging chad will be.

Why? The question is not who do you *want* to win the election, it is who do you think *will* win it. Not in a million years would I want Trump to win it, but it was a close run thing which way I answered the question.

I'd just typed a load of gibberish whilst trying and failing to make this very point.

Thanks!

My view is Biden will will. The higher the % voting the left wing party usually wins. The right wing vote is always solid. Biden is looking good in most of the marginal states. The virus and black lives matter issues all ultimately favour a democratic victory and The Republicans stay in power when the economy is strong. There is no Trump bandwagon effect this time. Political change is not wanted today solution to the pandemic and equality are. That to me leads to a democratic majority.

EY is a question-text literalist (see hard brexit discussion). Everyone better very f*****g careful with the precise words of their question in these polls :)
Yeah but "who will win" not "who do you think will win" is a new low ?

I wonder if Godwin’s law was created by a time-travelling Trump supporter who was trying to make sure that 20 years in the future, when the president of the US encourages vigilante supporters as they try to run his opponent’s campaign bus off the road, that people wouldn’t compare it to the NSDAP and their leader in the 30s?

As the creator of this poll I’d like to apologise wholeheartedly for any confusion caused. I thought that such a simplistic question with two options would have been quite straightforward given recent events.

I bet you had an input in the Brexit poll question as well....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Your question was perfectly valid and clear on this poll.

I bet you had an input in the Brexit poll question as well....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Your question was perfectly valid and clear on this poll.
If you don’t mind, I’ve tried to erase that particularly difficult period of my life from memory.

..... On a more serious note. When are we likely to know who the winner is?

If you don’t mind, I’ve tried to erase that particularly difficult period of my life from memory.

..... On a more serious note. When are we likely to know who the winner is?
If trump thinks he can blag it based on early results then it will be on the day, with him demanding only those votes counted before midnight being valid - if not, then I would imagine the final legal challenge to be heard in late October 2024

Yes, I think we can reasonably expect trickery from the Trump camp if he looks like losing. I don't understand why issues such as when votes have to be counted by aren't tied down in law to prevent such nonsense. If you give politicians a chance to confuse an issue, they'll take it.

Because the actual voting is managed at a state level and each state has their own rules/laws I think.

Back
Top Bottom