Chairman update from tiger

I’m beginning to wonder if the Erick Thohir news is a bit of a red herring. I know people are saying Tiger maybe wants to keep his level of involvement under wraps but what a massive coup having this man involved should be. I was expecting a lot more flags and trumpets to herald his arrival, what better way to get bums on seats than a big introduction with their plans for the future mapped out for the supporters? Instead all we get is the occasional one liners about how ‘good’ he is for the club. I wonder if his involvement is more as a figurehead/adviser role. I just hope it isn’t some sort of diversionary tactic to take the eye off what’s really going on. Hopefully it’s a case of Thohir just wanting to keep a low profile.?

Im sure KR referred to his appointment as being a 'game-changer' so hopefully it's more than just an advisory role.

Im sure KR referred to his appointment as being a 'game-changer' so hopefully it's more than just an advisory role.

I hope so, otherwise KR has been sold a story and believed it in the same way that we've all (most of us) assumed that a wealthy billionaire is here to sort things out rather than to advise.

When I asked the HMRC question two fan forums ago and had Nial, Tiger and Darryl look at me as if I was stupid for asking it and that there was nothing to worry about, I had a slight doubt in my mind that actually it was just an admin error. 2nd time in a year, this is no admin error. Its cash flow.

It has to be, if not the club should say something.

We know about the HMRC issue, they know about the HMRC issue, they know we know about the HMRC issue but the fact they won't address it or acknowledge it shows that the club is editing and controlling what they do or dont say, therefore, everything that is said is, frankly, as a starting point now B*****s. Sadly.

I think fans thinking were going to splash the cash are going to be disappointed. Weve failed to pay a tax bill on time were not going to be buying top talent.

Imo Thohir is an advisor, nothing more. It allows him to get a route into UK football without hand in pocket. A strategic advisor if you will. I doubt he has shares, and without them, why commit money with no returns?

The focus on boxing day was telling. If a billionaire was about to flash the cash we would not be so concerned about our cashflow.

Supplementary question @Sarge , how about using the Freedom of Information act and sending a request to OCC to reveal what action has been taken/planned/shoved down the back of the couch?
Maybe worth a try ....Oxford mail were 'monitoring' the situation....sadly, despite prompts they, Oxford mail have lived up spectacularly to their FAIL tag on this one....firoka asked for a 6 month addition to the requirement to refurbish the priory....firoka lost that application albeit took 4 months to run its course, so again the slum landlord thwarted ox city council!. Since then it's all gone quiet including any delayed refurbishment to the priory. Both the priory owners ox city council and the lease holder , landlord of the breeze block are complicit in allowing a grade 2 listed building to fall into serious disrepair. All the 'right on' preservation societies (English heritage , preservation of rural Britain and others) who are supposed to help protection of listed buildings are simply not interested.

Last edited:
Or keeping player/agent demands in January realistic and Kassam’s financial demands lower. As soon as all parties are aware of investment by a billionaire prices will be inflated for sure.but then again maybe his investment at this stage is minimal. I am not sure we need to know, loyal fans with inquisitive minds though we are.

Aha! So paying our tax bill late and considering to offer Ranger a contract could be an elaborate smokescreen? To falsely lure the footballing community into thinking we are broke when in fact the opposite is true... I like it!

So when we offer them a couple of quid and Tiger's air miles for their best strikers in January they will feel sorry for us and give us a huge discount. Brilliant! What can possibly go wrong ....

Not being overly sensitive but I find some of these updates and statements from Tiger and the club patronising and feeding us what they think we want to hear at that time.

I do not expect to hear info on stuff that needs to be kept within the club's stakeholders but I do not want bluster and bullshit either...

I think fans thinking were going to splash the cash are going to be disappointed. Weve failed to pay a tax bill on time were not going to be buying top talent.

Imo Thohir is an advisor, nothing more. It allows him to get a route into UK football without hand in pocket. A strategic advisor if you will. I doubt he has shares, and without them, why commit money with no returns?

The focus on boxing day was telling. If a billionaire was about to flash the cash we would not be so concerned about our cashflow.

Considering you said that there wasn't a snowball in Hells chance of us getting Ricky Holmes in the summer and have been wrong with pretty much every prediction you've made, I fell more confident than ever!!

Having bilions in the bank doesn't win you games, that all comes down to being successful on the pitch. We can't bring anyone else in until January so we need to back what we have, and a big crowd can hep bring out that little bit extra from each of the players. We haven't got many stand out fixtures to focus on, so Boxing Day is probably the next big one and worthy of mention.

As for Thohir, he could advise any number of bigger and better clubs than us, and I'm sure the money he has in his back pocket and experience at Inter Milan would allow him to walk into Championship Clubs at least. So why does he want to get linked to a club that is in a relegation dog fight from league 1 (in the words of Charlie), has no real assets and a landlord who (until recently) hasn't played ball?!

I reckon I've said it before, but we still haven't heard much from Niall 'I'll get back to you' McWilliams. I'd like to hear updates on the club from the Managing Director at some point.

I reckon I've said it before, but we still haven't heard much from Niall 'I'll get back to you' McWilliams. I'd like to hear updates on the club from the Managing Director at some point.

I'm going to come out in support for the MD. Clearly stuck between a rock and a hard place IMO - with limited power or control when it comes to the strategic direction of the club. He's probably as much in the dark as we, the supporters, are..

Very different to Ashton, KT and (sadly) the Sockless Wonder who were empowered to make decisions for the club on behalf of the owners.

Our key decision maker is based several timezones away with other businesses commitments taking priority. And frankly, the evidence to date suggests this arrangement is not to the benefit of the club.

M
I'm going to come out in support for the MD. Clearly stuck between a rock and a hard place IMO - with limited power or control when it comes to the strategic direction of the club. He's probably as much in the dark as we, the supporters, are..

Very different to Ashton, KT and (sadly) the Sockless Wonder who were empowered to make decisions for the club on behalf of the owners.

Our key decision maker is based several timezones away with other businesses commitments taking priority. And frankly, the evidence to date suggests this arrangement is not to the benefit of the club.
Mmm he doesn't portray himself as that. If what you beat is true maybe he shouldn't tell people he will get back to them if he hasnt the authority?

It’s answered questions for me;

Tiger has no money.
Has nothing to say.
Has no plan for OUFC.

They were my questions when he joined and since then he’s done little to prove otherwise. The new training ground, Dickie & Brannagan signings certainly haven’t changed my thoughts.

The statement itself doesn’t really fuss me either way. From interviews I’ve seen/heard I’m not surprised someone else has written it and I should imagine like most Directors I’ve dealt with he’s perhaps either e-signed it or looked at it for two seconds and signed at the bottom.

I’m just thankful that at the moment the resultant on the pitch are slightly more positive.

I’m going to leave my final judgement of Tiger until Jan. I did initially say the end of this transfer window but let’s see how much KR has to spend.

Until then I’ll bury my head under crocked loan signings from Championship clubs, a new grass field to play on and an orange football shirt.

Back
Top Bottom