Chairman update from tiger

"Resolving issues"
"New relationship"
"Commercial opportunities"
"Working with Firoka"
"Utilising the fence end"

All sounds a bit too familiar to me.....

Groundhog Day for the Yellows?:oops:

"Resolving issues"
"New relationship"
"Commercial opportunities"
"Working with Firoka"
"Utilising the fence end"

All sounds a bit too familiar to me.....

Groundhog Day for the Yellows?:oops:
I admit I haven’t had a chance to read the update yet, I’ll read it when I have more time, but this does sound concerning. We can all forget the 5 prospective sites then..?

I admit I haven’t had a chance to read the update yet, I’ll read it when I have more time, but this does sound concerning. We can all forget the 5 prospective sites then..?
Or alternatively we are probably at the Kassam for 4-7 years minimum so let’s make the best of it or is that to positive for those who like a good moan. We have now got people with a vast amount of money behind us who have made their money ( considerably more than Kassam in some cases) by making good business deals/descisions.

I suspect this is aiming at a short term fix which makes the use of the stadium for employees more bearable and tries to increase commercial opportunities and income. Whether we go for a new stadium or not we have to stay at the Kassam for some time and the current impasse surely could not go on as it has affected the club and the fans. So to endeavour to make the situation better for us is sensible. Whether FK will be amenable is open to doubt. He can be impressed by others with even more dosh than he has, however especially if they can massage his ego.

A contemptible ‘update’
He either holds the fan base in extremely low regard or believes we’re all fools.
Probably the latter. That tends to happen when you have a media and supporters group who set the tone very early on of being walkovers.
My fave bit is the ‘deliver on overall strategy’ line. Months on from takeover no-one has a clue what he and his mates are planning.

Are people really moaning about this update from the owner?! Just last week people were moaning about the lack of updates coming out of the club!!

From the sounds of things, maybe the threat of walking away completely and actively looking at other sights for a new ground might of actually made Kassam soften his approach and made him play ball a bit more.

Other than that it is an update for an updates sake in a time when the club can't really disclose much more detail on things.

Good luck to Tiger and his cubs in making things happen....this time.

It's just that I am sure we have heard the same, or very similar from numerous previous owners (including firoz) and prospective owners over the years and I can't help but take a sceptical view.

Hey ho!

HMRC- nothing to see here chaps. But..... We are getting some ads on the fence end and make sure you boost the cashflow on boxing day!

Yours
Tiger.

Not wishing to P**s people off and aimed at nobody in particular although this will, but I find all the constant moaning from some on here embarrassing. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence must surely know things are going on behind the scenes otherwise we wouldn’t have the directors we now have. Do people just think they are here to waste a few hours in their busy week or want to succeed with our club.

Paragraph 3 has already been covered I believe via recent forum and various other statements

Not wishing to P**s people off and aimed at nobody in particular although this will, but I find all the constant moaning from some on here embarrassing. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence must surely know things are going on behind the scenes otherwise we wouldn’t have the directors we now have. Do people just think they are here to waste a few hours in their busy week or want to succeed with our club.
I wouldn't say "pissed off" hits the mark. Patronised, yes. I can assure you that I possess more than an "ounce of intelligence" and yet, I know of nothing going on behind, in front or slightly off to an angle of the scenes.
What I do know is that this update tells us nothing.

I would like to think that things are going on and that we will soon get to hear about substantive plans to rectify the stadium issue, bring in some new players and, of course, hear about the plans that the new directors have for the club. But, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Are people really moaning about this update from the owner?! Just last week people were moaning about the lack of updates coming out of the club!!

From the sounds of things, maybe the threat of walking away completely and actively looking at other sights for a new ground might of actually made Kassam soften his approach and made him play ball a bit more.

Other than that it is an update for an updates sake in a time when the club can't really disclose much more detail on things.

Are you taking the P**s?

People don't expect to know every little detail of what's going on behind the scenes, but a little more information regarding the little issue with HMRC and the small matter of the 5 prospective stadium sites (that we were told at the fans forum we'd know more about by now) wouldn't go amiss.

When people are asking for an update I don't think this is anything like what they have in mind!

I wouldn't say "pissed off" hits the mark. Patronised, yes. I can assure you that I possess more than an "ounce of intelligence" and yet, I know of nothing going on behind, in front or slightly off to an angle of the scenes.
What I do know is that this update tells us nothing.

I would like to think that things are going on and that we will soon get to hear about substantive plans to rectify the stadium issue, bring in some new players and, of course, hear about the plans that the new directors have for the club. But, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Hopefully ox vox members open meeting wed eve will provide answers to some questions?

But it was headed 'Tiger update', not 'mid-ranking club official update'. And there was a photo of Tiger. Good enough for me.

Well it's the same as the manager's comments in the programme before the game isn't it - they actually haven't written any of this stuff.

I've put together a few public statements in my relatively short career, and this one stinks of ghost-writing.

Again, I just don't think it's worth reading too far into what is/isn't mentioned. Someone just slapped it together and churned it out.

Back
Top Bottom