Chairman update from tiger

I wouldn't say "pissed off" hits the mark. Patronised, yes. I can assure you that I possess more than an "ounce of intelligence" and yet, I know of nothing going on behind, in front or slightly off to an angle of the scenes.
What I do know is that this update tells us nothing.

I would like to think that things are going on and that we will soon get to hear about substantive plans to rectify the stadium issue, bring in some new players and, of course, hear about the plans that the new directors have for the club. But, I'm not going to hold my breath.
And in the the past 20 years how many 5 year plans have we been told that have really come true. 1 ! I am going to take you on a journey. I would love everything to be perfect but it sadly isn’t. Oh and on the subject of plans I see it is 5 years this month since Lee Power came in at Swindon. His plan went well. ???

Hopefully ox vox members open meeting wed eve will provide answers to some questions?
I don't think OxVox are party to anymore information than the rest of us. Not for the lack of trying and asking but, I just don't think our board of directors work that way.
Not only is that, in my opinion, a mistake by the directors but they are also missing out, potentially, on a wealth of information and local contacts.
The sort of updates we get now are meaningless and trite. This latest has the usual platitudes to FK and Firoka that we got not so long ago from DE. Why on earth did anyone have to go to Monaco to visit FK? Can the club not deal with Firoka direct here? Why cosy up to the ego of a man who has consistently shown his lack of intent to assist OUFC? I'll bet the cost of the flight, hotel and sundries cost more than a few billboards on the fence end would garner from the rest of the season let alone produce income for the club.

What do people want to know about the HRMC winding up petition which will make our lives as fans better and that a private company would be willing to divulge? I personally would be happy to hear it has been resolved and that will do.

At the same time it’s the positive version of events I would expect to read. It’s not as if owning OUFC in its present position is the financial equivalent of ecstasy is it?

What do people want to know about the HRMC winding up petition which will make our lives as fans better and that a private company would be willing to divulge? I personally would be happy to hear it has been resolved and that will do.

At the same time it’s the positive version of events I would expect to read. It’s not as if owning OUFC in its present position is the financial equivalent of ecstasy is it?
I am surprised that the club haven't simply confirmed that this has been paid and it is no longer an issue....

Well I don’t mind saying that that ‘update’ leaves me feeling more frustrated than anything else.

“I very much hope that we are entering a new era of partnership between Firoka and the club and am confident that with the right attitude we will quickly see results on the ground and this will enable us to successfully deliver on our overall strategy for the club”

What does this mean exactly? Is the ‘overall strategy’ to repair the relationship with FK and carry on as before..?

“As I said recently, the appointment of Erick Thohir to the Board is another positive step”

That’s it on the Erick Thohir front?? No further news on what his role and level of involvement will be?

And, as others have said, no news on the winding up petition.

There does seem to be a lot of talk and not a lot of walking at the moment. Everything has a very different feel to all the hints of big plans and imminent exciting news at that FF a couple of months ago.

Well I don’t mind saying that that ‘update’ leaves me feeling more frustrated than anything else.

“I very much hope that we are entering a new era of partnership between Firoka and the club and am confident that with the right attitude we will quickly see results on the ground and this will enable us to successfully deliver on our overall strategy for the club”

What does this mean exactly? Is the ‘overall strategy’ to repair the relationship with FK and carry on as before..?

“As I said recently, the appointment of Erick Thohir to the Board is another positive step”

That’s it on the Erick Thohir front?? No further news on what his role and level of involvement will be?

And, as others have said, no news on the winding up petition.

There does seem to be a lot of talk and not a lot of walking at the moment. Everything has a very different feel to all the hints of big plans and imminent exciting news at that FF a couple of months ago.

Thohir coming in changes the outlook for Kassam. Never before have we had someone on the board with the finances of Thohir, a man who could actually afford to buy the stadium.

Kassam wants rid of the stadium as long as he can build his houses on the over flow carpark. He will be much more willing to play ball if he knows the club could realistically buy it.

Thohir coming in changes the outlook for Kassam. Never before have we had someone on the board with the finances of Thohir, a man who could actually afford to buy the stadium.

Kassam wants rid of the stadium as long as he can build his houses on the over flow carpark. He will be much more willing to play ball if he knows the club could realistically buy it.
Would make sense, hopefully you’re right. I understand what people are saying when they point out we can’t/shouldn’t know everything, maybe I am being too impatient but we’ve had too many false dawns and broken promises over the years. Some real solid and positive information would be very much appreciated in the near future

It is very hard to understand why Tiger did not mention the tax man issue. I am still quite optimistic though. Does it still point to some kind of change in ownership?

As the petition never got published, HRMC are satisfied that the debt no longer exists; we either paid it or contested it & won or the cheque crossed in the post.

As the club never officially acknowledged the petition, can we expect them to officially comment on it's withdrawal?

I'm pretty sure everyone asking for an update on the winding up petition would just be happy to hear it's been resolved too!!!

As the petition never got published, HRMC are satisfied that the debt no longer exists; we either paid it or contested it & won or the cheque crossed in the post.

As the club never officially acknowledged the petition, can we expect them to officially comment on it's withdrawal?
No but I am sure the hawk can.

Can't work up the energy to either praise or damn it - it's just a bit of fluff written by CW. Symptomatic of the lack of any information or real communication coming out of the club maybe, but in itself just something to say 'we've given you an update'. I've given up believing guff from owners - over the years we've had so much drivel that's it's like water off a duck's back. I am now firmly in the 'I will believe it when I actually see it' camp!

Can't work up the energy to either praise or damn it - it's just a bit of fluff written by CW. Symptomatic of the lack of any information or real communication coming out of the club maybe, but in itself just something to say 'we've given you an update'. I've given up believing guff from owners - over the years we've had so much drivel that's it's like water off a duck's back. I am now firmly in the 'I will believe it when I actually see it' camp!
Me too

Does anyone actually believe Tiger wrote this??

It was put together by someone at mid-level at the club and possibly wasn't even seen by Tiger before it was distributed.

Don't read into what was/was not in the statement. It's just a puff piece.
I agree. Tiger ? doesn't have a clue about Bradbury or the youth team. Club trying to sell Christmas tickets. Do they really think supporters are that stupid?

It always obvious that tiger does not actually write these updates, and as stated we should not expect all the details but these updates never really say anything meaningful and its generally some vague soundbites.

I suspect this is aiming at a short term fix which makes the use of the stadium for employees more bearable and tries to increase commercial opportunities and income. Whether we go for a new stadium or not we have to stay at the Kassam for some time and the current impasse surely could not go on as it has affected the club and the fans. So to endeavour to make the situation better for us is sensible. Whether FK will be amenable is open to doubt. He can be impressed by others with even more dosh than he has, however especially if they can massage his ego.

Why not say that or take this approach 7-8 weeks ago?

Does anyone actually believe Tiger wrote this??

It was put together by someone at mid-level at the club and possibly wasn't even seen by Tiger before it was distributed.

Don't read into what was/was not in the statement. It's just a puff piece.

What, so someone junior at the club can post an article on behalf of Tiger without him having to sense check it, but OxVox have to be sworn to secrecy and are not allowed to publicise minutes from a meeting with Tiger without him agreeing to them beforehand!

Back
Top Bottom