Chairman update from tiger

Oldman159

"Resolving issues"
"New relationship"
"Commercial opportunities"
"Working with Firoka"
"Utilising the fence end"

All sounds a bit too familiar to me.....

Groundhog Day for the Yellows?:oops:

yellowbow

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
"Resolving issues"
"New relationship"
"Commercial opportunities"
"Working with Firoka"
"Utilising the fence end"

All sounds a bit too familiar to me.....

Groundhog Day for the Yellows?:oops:
I admit I haven’t had a chance to read the update yet, I’ll read it when I have more time, but this does sound concerning. We can all forget the 5 prospective sites then..?

Banbury2018

I admit I haven’t had a chance to read the update yet, I’ll read it when I have more time, but this does sound concerning. We can all forget the 5 prospective sites then..?
Or alternatively we are probably at the Kassam for 4-7 years minimum so let’s make the best of it or is that to positive for those who like a good moan. We have now got people with a vast amount of money behind us who have made their money ( considerably more than Kassam in some cases) by making good business deals/descisions.

Pete Burrett

Praise for KR and team for recent results. Fair enough.

Recent meeting in Monaco between Firoz Kassam and Zaki Nuseibeh was very productive and encouraging. OK. Better than 'unproductive' and 'discouraging'.

Already working with Firoka to resolve a number of outstanding issues as well as exploring a number of commercial opportunities e.g. advertising around the pitch and utilising the ‘fence end’. Confident that with the right attitude we will quickly see results on the ground and this will enable us to successfully deliver on our overall strategy for the club. 'On the ground' presumably relates to the state of the Kassam rather than the 'five sites'? And by the way, what strategy?

The appointment of Erick Thohir to the Board is another positive step. OK. But what's he bringing to the party?

Nothing about HMRC.

Last edited:

Canterbury exile

I suspect this is aiming at a short term fix which makes the use of the stadium for employees more bearable and tries to increase commercial opportunities and income. Whether we go for a new stadium or not we have to stay at the Kassam for some time and the current impasse surely could not go on as it has affected the club and the fans. So to endeavour to make the situation better for us is sensible. Whether FK will be amenable is open to doubt. He can be impressed by others with even more dosh than he has, however especially if they can massage his ego.

The Hawk

A contemptible ‘update’
He either holds the fan base in extremely low regard or believes we’re all fools.
Probably the latter. That tends to happen when you have a media and supporters group who set the tone very early on of being walkovers.
My fave bit is the ‘deliver on overall strategy’ line. Months on from takeover no-one has a clue what he and his mates are planning.

Pete Burrett

Does anyone actually believe Tiger wrote this??

It was put together by someone at mid-level at the club and possibly wasn't even seen by Tiger before it was distributed.

Don't read into what was/was not in the statement. It's just a puff piece.
But it was headed 'Tiger update', not 'mid-ranking club official update'. And there was a photo of Tiger. Good enough for me.

DenisSmithsWig

Are people really moaning about this update from the owner?! Just last week people were moaning about the lack of updates coming out of the club!!

From the sounds of things, maybe the threat of walking away completely and actively looking at other sights for a new ground might of actually made Kassam soften his approach and made him play ball a bit more.

Other than that it is an update for an updates sake in a time when the club can't really disclose much more detail on things.

Oldman159

Good luck to Tiger and his cubs in making things happen....this time.

It's just that I am sure we have heard the same, or very similar from numerous previous owners (including firoz) and prospective owners over the years and I can't help but take a sceptical view.

Hey ho!

greatunclekip

HMRC- nothing to see here chaps. But..... We are getting some ads on the fence end and make sure you boost the cashflow on boxing day!

Yours
Tiger.

Banbury2018

Not wishing to P**s people off and aimed at nobody in particular although this will, but I find all the constant moaning from some on here embarrassing. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence must surely know things are going on behind the scenes otherwise we wouldn’t have the directors we now have. Do people just think they are here to waste a few hours in their busy week or want to succeed with our club.

Pete Burrett

Not wishing to P**s people off and aimed at nobody in particular although this will, but I find all the constant moaning from some on here embarrassing. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence must surely know things are going on behind the scenes otherwise we wouldn’t have the directors we now have. Do people just think they are here to waste a few hours in their busy week or want to succeed with our club.
I think plenty of us have more than an ounce of intelligence.

No updates / communication from the club rightly gets frustrated responses, as do bland updates telling us virtually nothing. And no-one expects the fine detail of Tiger's plans to be made public. So what is the answer?

Personally, I'd be happy with a statement that said (something like) 'X, Y & Z individuals are currently working on a strategy for the club encompassing improvements to the Kassam Stadium, the possibility of moving to a new stadium and achieving Championship status in the coming years. Detail cannot be made public at this stage so as not to jeopardise negotiations, but will be communicated to fans at earliest feasible opportunity.'

Nothing concrete, but at least a statement of intention and an idea of direction.

Currently all we get is innuendo, with wealthy names apparently involved in OUFC but no-one knows exactly how.

Last edited:

Banbury2018

Paragraph 3 has already been covered I believe via recent forum and various other statements

Manorlounger

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
I wouldn't say "pissed off" hits the mark. Patronised, yes. I can assure you that I possess more than an "ounce of intelligence" and yet, I know of nothing going on behind, in front or slightly off to an angle of the scenes.
What I do know is that this update tells us nothing.

I would like to think that things are going on and that we will soon get to hear about substantive plans to rectify the stadium issue, bring in some new players and, of course, hear about the plans that the new directors have for the club. But, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shosho OUFC Boardroom 10
bazzer9461 OUFC Boardroom 48
W OUFC Boardroom 120
captainox OUFC Boardroom 4
W OUFC Boardroom 36