Update 22nd Feb

Extremely worrying times. Our club is in the hands of one fella that rarely attends games, who ignores those who pay to to go along to games and who shows complete contempt to those who show an interest.
Well done Oxvox.
Why would any supporter not be a member at such terrifying times?

Niall acknowledged receipt of the email that morning and while trying to give information where he could, he suggested that the owner and board may not reply to the email.

In my view the owner and board would be showing total contempt to OxVox and the fans they represent if they deliberately do not reply to the email in a detailed manner.

The off- field chaos of late payments, misinformation, lack of due diligence, Stadco stand-off, etc, etc, add to that the knock on affects of the Ultras & Mixtergate all stem from decisions that the owner and board have made.

Time to take a stronger stance OxVox.

The letters/emails haven’t worked, so what’s Plan B?

Last edited:
The Board may not respond to The E Mail is extraordinary.
Why? Isn't that basic courtesy whichever culture you are from?
As others have said it is showing total contempt to the supporters.

The Board may not respond to The E Mail is extraordinary.
Why? Isn't that basic courtesy whichever culture you are from?
As others have said it is showing total contempt to the supporters.
Absolutely, this isn't a disgruntled supporter sending a random message, it's the official Oxford United Supporters Trust!

Niall acknowledged receipt of the email that morning and while trying to give information where he could, he suggested that the owner and board may not reply to the email.

In my view the owner and board would be showing total contempt to OxVox and the fans they represent if they deliberately do not reply to the email in a detailed manner.

The off- field chaos of late payments, misinformation, lack of due diligence, Stadco stand-off, etc, etc, add to that the knock on affects of the Ultras & Mixtergate all stem from decisions that the owner and board have made.
I wonder in part if there is a cultural issue at play here with the lack of information. Just a thought

I wonder in part if there is a cultural issue at play here with the lack of information. Just a thought

I don’t fully accept that. Information on the positive aspects of the club is good, U18s & U23s for example. So plenty of information when it pleases.

We also have several nationalities on the board. Do they all have cultural issues with information?

Replying to an email or letter is surely good manners whatever your culture.

The only thing I would add is that I travelled for a bit a few years ago and did some voluntary work in Thailand. My experience of the Thai’s in general was that of warm, friendly people but they tended to tell you what they thought you wanted to hear rather than what you needed to know.

Would an open Oxvox members meeting (no guest speakers/ perhaps OM & Rad ox spokespeople?) soon .... to discuss the way forward given the owner, the board and the MD's reluctance to engage with OxVox , openly and honestly, might be worth arranging? if the OxVox committee have a clear mandate from the OxVox members, following the lack of answers, & MD stating the owner & the board wont reply to OxVox emailed questions, to then take forward OxVox members requirements, that'd be the right way forward, wouldn't it? @OxVox ?

Last edited:
Just read the OxVox communication. A few points that interested me in particular:

1. The club will issue a clarifying statement towards the end of the month. I trust OxVox have diarised this and will chase if necessary;

2. Tiger is covering losses personally. So does that mean no guarantees of funds from the other 'money men', at least not yet?

3. Mr McWilliams thinks Tiger might not respond to OxVox's email expressing concerns over non-payment of debts. Did he explain why, and who will be issuing the clarifying statement (point 1) if not Tiger?

4. No mention of the club attempting to stop committee members from posting on the forum, so presumably this has not happened?
Didn't Malcolm say that point 4 wasn't true?

There were three separate possible censorship issues. The one I mentioned above is still outstanding, as far as I'm aware. Several people have 'heard' (always a slightly dodgy starting point) that the club hierarchy have asked OxVox committee members not to comment on this forum. OxVox have yet to comment on this rumour.

The other censorship issues were a) that a poster had been warned by forum admin not to be too controversial when commenting on board issues. This turned out to be a misunderstanding. The poster had not been 'warned' (i.e. no threat of disciplinary or other action was made) but had just been advised that the club read the forum,

and b) that pleas from a Radio Oxford reporter not to be too hard on the club might be interpreted as the club influencing local media. This has been somewhat negated by the Oxford Mail's excellent recent piece on the club.
So no censorship then?

A number of OxVox committee members have posted less on here, and I would guess that their involvement with OxVox is part of that. However, this has absolutely nothing to do with club censorship and more to do with acting as a responsible committee.

I have no doubt that every committee member is a responsible person, and I would hope their lack if posting is nothing to do with club censorship.

But I don't know that to be the case. You write with apparent certainty. How do you know? Are you in a privileged position within or close to the club? If not, I can only assume you're guessing.

What I do is to apply commonsense to situations and find that the truth often has more to do with this than the conspiracy theories that exist.

You gave 3 examples of censorship. Posters being warned about what to post on here, which was incorrect. One RadOx presenter basically warning about not biting the hand that feeds you, which may not be a popular view but is nevertheless a valid position for an individual to take. Finally, OxVox committee members being told not to comment on here. As long as I can remember, committee members have been less vocal on here than they were previously/after their time on the committee. This is not new, and has coincided with a number of different owners, managers and committee members. So exceptionally unlikely to be anything to do with Tiger getting to our current batch of OxVoxers.

So 3 examples, and nothing to suggest any are in any way true. So, I am not in a privileged position to know, but I would say that my 'guesswork' is a little more educated than others.

I don’t fully accept that. Information on the positive aspects of the club is good, U18s & U23s for example. So plenty of information when it pleases.

We also have several nationalities on the board. Do they all have cultural issues with information?

Replying to an email or letter is surely good manners whatever your culture.

The only thing I would add is that I travelled for a bit a few years ago and did some voluntary work in Thailand. My experience of the Thai’s in general was that of warm, friendly people but they tended to tell you what they thought you wanted to hear rather than what you needed to know.
And that's my point. They like the positive stuff, the more tetchy stuff is more awkward. There is consistency to what the club will talk about, and what it won't.

And that's my point. They like the positive stuff, the more tetchy stuff is more awkward. There is consistency to what the club will talk about, and what it won't.

True. However I don’t think it’s a cultural thing in particular, just very selective and deliberate about the information they wish to highlight.

The problem is that doing that is so obvious that it makes the lack of information in other areas even more apparent!

I think there is. An assumption that you should be grateful and respectful to to people at the top and not question or criticise their actions or intentions.

Back
Top Bottom