Underwhelming?

Is the draw good or bad for 'Tigers Taxing Team'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brentford is an absolute s**t pit, makes Sw***on look like Paris. We'll fill their away end and go in their home sections. Only thing going for it is that they've a few pubs. I fancy us to get the win too.

Paris is predominantly a complete dive, so you may be right.

Brentford itself isn't the greatest area but is very close to a number of excellent parts of London which all have an abundance of pubs. Wouldn't bother with any of the pubs around the ground, go a bit further afield for a drink. Coming from Oxford you could easily drink in Ealing Broadway then get the 65 bus about 15 minutes down to Griffin Park and stops right outside.

On the pitch I wouldn't be surprised at all if you won. We lost to Notts County at home in the 3rd Round last season and unfortunately take Cups lightly, even resting players against Arsenal in the League Cup this season. We're struggling anyway at the moment so either way I'm not hugely confident, though there's still a good side in us somewhere.

I'm looking forward to it despite that, would expect a packed away end and have always thought you have proper support.

Not a great draw but a decent away day. Trip to London, lots of boozers and a terrace. Tough game though.

Hi BFC, do you think Canice Carrol will get a game? How is he doing?

He's doing well and I think regarded pretty highly by the club. He was signed for the "B Team" initially but has been in the first team squad a couple of times and spent time training with the first team squad. He's not played at that level yet but could potentially be involved in this. We have a good record of signing young players and turning them into first team regulars (who then go onto bigger clubs) so think he'll be around our side soon enough...

One of the only home games I've not done in years, probably fortunately. A repeat wouldn't completely surprise me at the moment.

Some properly shocking defending on display. I can't imagine that'll happen again, but I live in hope!

• React
Reactions: BFC
ST holders first then members before open sale.
There have been a few matches this season where it has worked out to be a member.
I reckon we will sell out easily.

Should sell our allocation out now, tenner on a Saturday for a post Xmas London booze up.

Paris is predominantly a complete dive, so you may be right.

Brentford itself isn't the greatest area but is very close to a number of excellent parts of London which all have an abundance of pubs. Wouldn't bother with any of the pubs around the ground, go a bit further afield for a drink. Coming from Oxford you could easily drink in Ealing Broadway then get the 65 bus about 15 minutes down to Griffin Park and stops right outside.

On the pitch I wouldn't be surprised at all if you won. We lost to Notts County at home in the 3rd Round last season and unfortunately take Cups lightly, even resting players against Arsenal in the League Cup this season. We're struggling anyway at the moment so either way I'm not hugely confident, though there's still a good side in us somewhere.

I'm looking forward to it despite that, would expect a packed away end and have always thought you have proper support.

Decent reply mate! Let's hope for a great game, and thank you for the info.

At least I should get there on time this time.

Last time I got stuck in evening traffic and then couldn't find anywhere to park. We were three up by the time I got into the ground! :rolleyes:

Brentford’s new stadium under construction - a stone’s throw away from Griffin Park.

Brentford’s new ground is going to be tucked tightly among an array of other buildings and train lines etc. It won’t have any parking and has far less public transport links than most London grounds due to the area it’s in compared to the other, bigger clubs. And it’s going to be about 17,500 in capacity and playing host to Championship football where the big clubs routinely bring thousands.

And yet a load of our fans moaned at the idea of a stadium where the Oxford ice rink currently is, because they said there wouldn’t be enough park and ride buses to serve it even though it’s five minutes walk from a coach station AND a train station ?

Saw there new ground as I drove along the A4 the other day, unfinished grounds always make me think of us (can’t think why) then felt sad that I would never go to one of the last old school grounds in relative proximity to us again, so was happy with the draw.

Enjoy Brentford away, good old school ground. Reckon we will sell out our allocation easily. Low roof on the away end terrace helps with the atmosphere.....looking forward to this one.

Underwhelming? I'm not so sure. The chances of drawing a championship club 3rd round are higher than from any other division.
So a London fixture, Saturday afternoon. What's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom