Underwhelming?

Is the draw good or bad for 'Tigers Taxing Team'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Winnable if we can contain Maupay, they have only won one game since flying ahead in September.

Kind of sucks, because it won't be a money-spinner but at the same time it's going to be tough to go there and get anything (they're not in great form, but the Championship/League One gap has widened hugely in the past few years).

But at least it's close for most fans. And you never know - they play take us lightly and pay for it.

I wonder how many of the first team they'll play?
If they take us lightly you never know.
Only 1600 tickets for the away end.

Brentford v Oxford
Chelsea v Forest
Fulham v Oldham
Qpr v Leeds

Suspect some fixture changes, think we're guaranteed 3pm Saturday. Most likely Fulham V Oldham and Chelsea V Forest changed.

Yes, middling. Better than playing another team in L1 or one from L2 but not as good as a money spinning Prem club or very beatable 'minnow'.

Brentford is an absolute s**t pit, makes Sw***on look like Paris. We'll fill their away end and go in their home sections. Only thing going for it is that they've a few pubs. I fancy us to get the win too.

Brentford is an absolute s**t pit, makes Sw***on look like Paris. We'll fill their away end and go in their home sections. Only thing going for it is that they've a few pubs. I fancy us to get the win too.

I haven’t seen Oxford play there since the mid-eighties in a pre-season friendly. Back then Brentford’s claim to fame was that there was a pub at all four corners of the ground. Dunno about now though.

We’ve done ok against them recently. Didn’t we beat them on a penalty shootout a while back. Also the 4-0 demolition in the Lge Cup. I remember going a fair few years ago. Paul Reece’s Dad gave me and my ole man a couple of complimentary tickets. We lost that game 1-0 Joe or Jon Allen Cant remember exactly. But they scored in the first minute from a penalty.

Last edited:
My five year old went to a few games last season and nearly all of the weekend matches this season... so I've just got him a half s/t.... Good news for us is that he's been on at me for ages about going to an away game and at that age I'm keen to pick the right one (distance, type of atmosphere etc. ) and this one sounds about perfect from that perspective.... proper old ground too he won't see many like that.

Back
Top Bottom