Match Buildup Under 18s on Saturday

Was akin to being at wimbledon (tennis) i imagine with u16s & u18s playing more or less simultaneously on adjacent pitches ... 9 goals total & 1 conceeded over the 2 (u18s &u16s games... u18s could, maybe should've scored a couple more.. u16s was a closer game, nonetheless they deserved their win with a good 2nd half, 1st goal was down to sheer strength n determination ... decent, really decent football on offer

Slav only played 45 (precaution) replaces by Ferguson. Who scored the 4th. Lopes got the 5th from the spot after Goodrham was fouled.

Sounds like another excellent performance from the young Ox lads. Personally not a fan of the games at the training ground as it’s not spectator friendly with no cover against the elements as I found out last week! Also no where to get refreshments or toilets although not sure if any inside the training centre.

Agree. Abingdon Utd is so much better for the spectator as you can find a decent spot to watch whereas it is limited to a short part on the side or behind the goal at the Training Ground.

There are refreshments and toilets in the Pavilion (where the changing rooms are) though.

If it was Smith who was the no.9 in the u16s then his 1st goal was fantastic with great strength and a cool finish for his 2nd. The u16s was even until Oxford took the lead then Oxford became more comfortable as the game went on.

The u18s were, apart from a few spells, comfortable throughout. Some excellent interplay between the players. Spasov, Goodrham, Chambers-Parillion and Lopes stood out for me. A slight criticism, even with 6 goals, is that the team weren't clinical enough and players were looking to score themselves when teammates were in better conditions. I have no doubt the coaching staff will be working on this.

On the defensive side, I was impressed with the press that the team operated which won the ball back quite a lot high up the pitch, especially in the 2nd half were at times the pressure was incessant.

Also, seeing both games clearly demonstrated that KR and the Academy staff are implementing the same playing style throughout the club.

If it was Smith who was the no.9 in the u16s then his 1st goal was fantastic with great strength and a cool finish for his 2nd. The u16s was even until Oxford took the lead then Oxford became more comfortable as the game went on.

The u18s were, apart from a few spells, comfortable throughout. Some excellent interplay between the players. Spasov, Goodrham, Chambers-Parillion and Lopes stood out for me. A slight criticism, even with 6 goals, is that the team weren't clinical enough and players were looking to score themselves when teammates were in better conditions. I have no doubt the coaching staff will be working on this.

On the defensive side, I was impressed with the press that the team operated which won the ball back quite a lot high up the pitch, especially in the 2nd half were at times the pressure was incessant.

Also, seeing both games clearly demonstrated that KR and the Academy staff are implementing the same playing style throughout the club.
Agree with that ^^

As an aside Kyran Lofthouse has scored for Oxford City in their 6-2 away win at Chelmsford according to the BBC list of scorers. Ex-player Josh Ashby also scored.

Yes I was thinking whilst watching the staff are creating an OUFC DNA from what I'm seeing here.
Enjoyed my OUFC fix today

Back
Top Bottom