Uncle Firoz

NottsYellow

I see the 10th Anniversary dinner is being held at the Stadium and in Tiger's programme notes …. "The Stadium has never looking better than it did on Wednesday, - a word for Michael Doyle and the Firoka team for their help".
It appears relations are improving with Mr Kassam. (I wonder what he is up to or is he after something?)

I see the 10th Anniversary dinner is being held at the Stadium and in Tiger's programme notes …. "The Stadium has never looking better than it did on Wednesday, - a word for Michael Doyle and the Firoka team for their help".
It appears relations are improving with Mr Kassam. (I wonder what he is up to or is he after something?)

He wants us to stay at the stadium and sign a new lease otherwise he will be stuck with an empty stadium that will takes years to get permission to knock down and build on. He will have the exact same issue as the dog track owners have.

It could be they're buying the stadium. What do you all think?

I think the stadium facelift (at least what is visible from the south stand) in order to present a pretty face to all the rich? guests from Monaco for the party.

He wants us to stay at the stadium and sign a new lease otherwise he will be stuck with an empty stadium that will takes years to get permission to knock down and build on. He will have the exact same issue as the dog track owners have.

If we get a new stadium, I doubt it'll take years to get planning permission for new houses as I would assume the legal protections would migrate to the new stadium and that space (Ground, East Stand Car Park and Overflow Car Park*) would be very welcome development land for Oxford.

*Whether the rest would go if similar facilities were built as part of any new stadium development I don't know.

If we get a new stadium, I doubt it'll take years to get planning permission for new houses as I would assume the legal protections would migrate to the new stadium and that space (Ground, East Stand Car Park and Overflow Car Park*) would be very welcome development land for Oxford.

*Whether the rest would go if similar facilities were built as part of any new stadium development I don't know.

Would have to change the use of land as resedential not leisure which could be a stumbling block as there is a reason why that land was never built on when Greater leys was built. 5 years time when the lease runs out there might not be the need for extra housing with brexit and other developments around the county. He could end up with an abandoned leisure park once all the other businesses move over to are new stadium complex.

Would have to change the use of land as resedential not leisure which could be a stumbling block as there is a reason why that land was never built on when Greater leys was built. 5 years time when the lease runs out there might not be the need for extra housing with brexit and other developments around the county. He could end up with an abandoned leisure park once all the other businesses move over to are new stadium complex.

I expect there will be no problem in him getting a change of use if we have a new stadium to go to. There will always be a reason to build in Oxford, at the least student housing.

I expect there will be no problem in him getting a change of use if we have a new stadium to go to. There will always be a reason to build in Oxford, at the least student housing.

Maybe he wants to join the bandwagon and join the alliance with tiger and take us on a journey. I wouldn't bet against it, he can see the pounds signs again if we were to get promoted to the championship and stay there the club with the ground could be worth a hell of alot more. Imagine if we got to the Premier league how much would we be worth then if they sold us. ? I expect an announcement that kassam has joined the board in the new year.

Maybe he wants to join the bandwagon and join the alliance with tiger and take us on a journey. I wouldn't bet against it, he can see the pounds signs again if we were to get promoted to the championship and stay there the club with the ground could be worth a hell of alot more. Imagine if we got to the Premier league how much would we be worth then if they sold us. ? I expect an announcement that kassam has joined the board in the new year.
Nothing that happens in the ownership of football clubs surprises me anymore.

Nothing that happens in the ownership of football clubs surprises me anymore.

Not putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but someone I know who was in the executive box at the city game reckons he see kassam there.

I cant see the council agreeing to a new stadium without a plan for what happens with the current one. That would just be poor community decision making

Of course. But keeping a cordial relationship with him and letting him get involved with the club as anything more than a landlord are two very different things!
With seemingly thawing relationships between OUFC and the breeze block landlord who knows, perhaps, only perhaps theres a possibility of a decent wifi signal being provided /boosted at the breeze block on matchdays? ....if the club were to oversee it (a decent wifi) theres the bonus of more email addresses to add to the marketing database....3x 10k+ crowds an oppertunity on that score has been missed ? ... after all its often one person who buys tickets for a group of occasionals, with a club run decent wifi service /signal onhome matchdays, instead of one added to the club database(via ticket sales) , theres the likelihood of others too?

Well you never know what might happen.

I think we can be fairly certain that Firoz will never be involved in the club as anything other than an inconvenient landlord. There is no harm in building relationships with him to benefit the day to day running of the club, but it will never go beyond that.

The club is not sustainable in the long term without owning and profiting from it's own home. That either means purchasing the Kassam at exceptionally favourable terms, which we know won't happen, or building our new home. So the latter is most likely and will mean that once and for all we will sever all ties with Kassam. The thought of anything else is just too depressing to consider right now!

Back
Top Bottom