Home Match Day Thread Ultras 125th display

Seen some good ones on social media.

Cheers Ultras, you guys are superb and it was fitting that KR paid tribute to you in his post-match interview.

The drum makes the atmosphere so much better too.

Keep it up.

Great display but the atmosphere sat in the north stand was dead .

Great display but the atmosphere sat in the north stand was dead .

The North stand is the most variable in terms of punters I'd say. It must therefore attract a greater amount of causal* supporters. Most of these, by definition, will be less passionate.

Not a criticism by any means. A fairly bold statement of the obvious though.

*not that kind of Casual, the other kind.

The North stand is the most variable in terms of punters I'd say. It must therefore attract a greater amount of causal* supporters. Most of these, by definition, will be less passionate.

Not a criticism by any means. A fairly bold statement of the obvious though.

*not that kind of Casual, the other kind.
Occasional

Yes, another good display. They are something that we as a fan base can definitely be proud of.

The atmosphere did feel very flat yesterday, but I put that down to the bitterly cold weather.

Brilliant stuff, well done to all, well apart from the person who made the music choice, nice Oxford band would have gone on there well... Step into my world by Hurricane #1 would have worked a treat.

You should be proud of yourselves though, top top effort.

Why they don’t turn the music off a good 5-10mins before the game to allow a natural build up of atmosphere is beyond me. Fans try to get the atmosphere going, but it’s drowned out but shite music.

I mean, ‘Eye of the Tiger’ so corny/embarrassing.

Why they don’t turn the music off a good 5-10mins before the game to allow a natural build up of atmosphere is beyond me. Fans try to get the atmosphere going, but it’s drowned out but shite music.

I mean, ‘Eye of the Tiger’ so corny/embarrassing.

On the same point, it was very notable that with the Ultras positioned by the pitch or up at the back of the stand with the display, the singing in the minutes leading up to kick-off was much diminished.

As soon as the Ultras returned to their usual seats, the songs really kicked in.

Another reminder of how important these guys are to any sense of real atmosphere for our club.

Back
Top Bottom