U23s

Foley

A good result against Wolves 1-1.
The forgotten man Tsun Dai came on as substitute.
I would be interested to hear from any supporter who went their view of the game and players.

Just got back ....decent game all round....draw fair result...Owen James put the pen away with some power,if the keeper had got in the way hedve ended up in back of the net with the ball.... our keeper made a few good saves... wolf cubs equalised almost straight way after young u's took the lead. ....several wolf cubs have had first team experience , evident the way a few of them kept surrounding the ref(who was better than what we see in L1), who waved em away, our keeper was booked (could've been red tbh) after bringing down thier hulk of a centre forward...their number six was a bit good, as was our tricky n creative number 10 who won the pen- (... free programme didn't list players numbers & no names on the shirts either!)....apart from it being a tad raw (had to break the gloves out), it was a good game young us played some great and positive attacking football, defended well too....id reccomend going along n watching our exciting u23 prospects....tsun dai was ony on the field for the last 5 min or so, not long enough to see what, nor for him to show what, he can do

Just got back ....decent game all round....draw fair result...Owen James put the pen away with some power,if the keeper had got in the way hedve ended up in back of the net with the ball.... our keeper made a few good saves... wolf cubs equalised almost straight way after young u's took the lead. ....several wolf cubs have had first team experience , evident the way a few of them kept surrounding the ref(who was better than what we see in L1), who waved em away, our keeper was booked (could've been red tbh) after bringing down thier hulk of a centre forward...their number six was a bit good, as was our tricky n creative number 10 who won the pen- (... free programme didn't list players numbers & no names on the shirts either!)....apart from it being a tad raw (had to break the gloves out), it was a good game young us played some great and positive attacking football, defended well too....id reccomend going along n watching our exciting u23 prospects....tsun dai was ony on the field for the last 5 min or so, not long enough to see what, nor for him to show what, he can do
Cheers Sarge. Quite a few there?

Just a quick note to follow up on the post from Sarge, I thought it was a very strong performance, played at a very high tempo.
I'll be going to any other Yellow's games in Thame, if they fit in with work!

Also good to catch up with fellow Yellows from Thame.

Thanks also to Thame Utd.

I can confirm that.......Tsun Dai does exist, Bradbury scored the pen. We probably edged it but it was a close. Owen James is a live wire and finally when you tell SimonH not to let them score while you nip for a pee, don't believe him when he says 'ok, I won't'

I can confirm that.......Tsun Dai does exist, Bradbury scored the pen. We probably edged it but it was a close. Owen James is a live wire and finally when you tell SimonH not to let them score while you nip for a pee, don't believe him when he says 'ok, I won't'
Ooopsy rewho scored the pen ....maybe either the match programme should relate numbers with playersand/or young u's have their name on thier shirts? it'd help identifying who is who :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes shame the match program was a bit of chocolate tea pot a far as the team were concerned only 7 who started were on it for OUFC. When then played at court farm someone had posted the team on the back of the turnstiles which was very helpful. Enjoyed the game though, thought Bradbury was well dealt with by the Wolves Centre back, Owen James lively again, Aaron Mcreadie and Reverend James impressed me at least.

Yes shame the match program was a bit of chocolate tea pot a far as the team were concerned only 7 who started were on it for OUFC. When then played at court farm someone had posted the team on the back of the turnstiles which was very helpful. Enjoyed the game though, thought Bradbury was well dealt with by the Wolves Centre back, Owen James lively again, Aaron Mcreadie and Reverend James impressed me at least.
@thegrumpyporter can you remember
what shirt numbers were the young u's you mentioned playing in?

Having a bit of a job sorry just noted the faces I remembered from last time.
RO was definitely number 7 AM was 14 I think. Bradbury 9 or 10 OJ possibly 8. It would be good if someone from the club could take five minutes to photo the teamsheet and post it on twitter. I think I'll send them an email and see if anything happens.

Just found it Check out below, got RJ right on the numbers anyway

Last edited:
I thought that was lopes who came on OM missed that as well I think. Anyway it was on Twitter and a running match report will remember that next time, no need to email now they were already on it well done OUFC

Last edited:
Thanks for that:)

As I don't have a Twitter account OUFC official ONLY announcing u23s team on a limited social media platform isn't engaging the fan base anywhere near as much as it could or should. There again communication from OUFC on all subjects is a bit crap under the current regime IMO

Owen James was outstanding, inc winning the pen, in an all round impressive u23s team performance. Excellent football played credit to Chrissy Allen ....if I'm able to watch more u23 matches (work schedule, kickoff time etc) I most certainly will. Not only is it good and exciting football to watch, the quality OUFC currently have I can see more of the current u23 squad deservedly breaking into our first team squad. Id thoroughly reccomend watching our u23s matches

Thanks for that:)

As I don't have a Twitter account OUFC official ONLY announcing u23s team on a limited social media platform isn't engaging the fan base anywhere near as much as it could or should. There again communication from OUFC on all subjects is a bit crap under the current regime IMO

Owen James was outstanding, inc winning the pen, in an all round impressive u23s team performance. Excellent football played credit to Chrissy Allen ....if I'm able to watch more u23 matches (work schedule, kickoff time etc) I most certainly will. Not only is it good and exciting football to watch, the quality OUFC currently have I can see more of the current u23 squad deservedly breaking into our first team squad. Id thoroughly reccomend watching our u23s matches
Totaly agree really enjoyed the two games I've seen, said last time Owen James stand out player for us. Should mention as well what a nice place the ASM stadium is very welcoming and helpful as were the court place farm people when we played there. Will definitely make the effort to watch the young men again.

Back
Top Bottom