U23s

Yes shame the match program was a bit of chocolate tea pot a far as the team were concerned only 7 who started were on it for OUFC. When then played at court farm someone had posted the team on the back of the turnstiles which was very helpful. Enjoyed the game though, thought Bradbury was well dealt with by the Wolves Centre back, Owen James lively again, Aaron Mcreadie and Reverend James impressed me at least.
Reverend? Really?

Thanks for that:)

As I don't have a Twitter account OUFC official ONLY announcing u23s team on a limited social media platform isn't engaging the fan base anywhere near as much as it could or should. There again communication from OUFC on all subjects is a bit crap under the current regime IMO

Owen James was outstanding, inc winning the pen, in an all round impressive u23s team performance. Excellent football played credit to Chrissy Allen ....if I'm able to watch more u23 matches (work schedule, kickoff time etc) I most certainly will. Not only is it good and exciting football to watch, the quality OUFC currently have I can see more of the current u23 squad deservedly breaking into our first team squad. Id thoroughly reccomend watching our u23s matches
Bear in mind that in this Competition we are playing high quality U23 teams.
So Hull Swansea and Wolves you would expect to be pumping in a lot of money into their U23s.
We seem to be competiting with these clubs.

Bear in mind that in this Competition we are playing high quality U23 teams.
So Hull Swansea and Wolves you would expect to be pumping in a lot of money into their U23s.
We seem to be competiting with these clubs.
With the high quality and standard of exciting football being played by our u23s , especially in this u23s premier league cup competition wouldn't it be kind of ironic if oufc u23 matchs attendances eclipsed Shaun Harvey trophy match attendances involving OUFC? .... it wouldn't take much to switch the balance either:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Just got back ....decent game all round....draw fair result...Owen James put the pen away with some power,if the keeper had got in the way hedve ended up in back of the net with the ball.... our keeper made a few good saves... wolf cubs equalised almost straight way after young u's took the lead. ....several wolf cubs have had first team experience , evident the way a few of them kept surrounding the ref(who was better than what we see in L1), who waved em away, our keeper was booked (could've been red tbh) after bringing down thier hulk of a centre forward...their number six was a bit good, as was our tricky n creative number 10 who won the pen- (... free programme didn't list players numbers & no names on the shirts either!)....apart from it being a tad raw (had to break the gloves out), it was a good game young us played some great and positive attacking football, defended well too....id reccomend going along n watching our exciting u23 prospects....tsun dai was ony on the field for the last 5 min or so, not long enough to see what, nor for him to show what, he can do

He was on the bench for their first team game at Cardiff on Friday. Just shows that this is a decent standard, and our young lads are more than holding their own.

He was on the bench for their first team game at Cardiff on Friday. Just shows that this is a decent standard, and our young lads are more than holding their own.
I think it was the 6 who kept HB in check, 6 had a good game

I think it was the 6 who kept HB in check, 6 had a good game
Yep wolf cub in the 6 shirt was a bit good for them....there appeared to be 3 wolf cubs keeping 'an eye' on HB .....certainly ,at different times during the match, their 5 and 6 were....and their number 6 had pace and a few tricks in his repotoire too...decent prospect for wolves he looked last night..
Also noticed there were a handful of wolves fans at the game too (had a bit of banter with 2 of em after the respective fa cup rd 3 draws were made)

According to the OUFC official team sheet,Rev James was in the number 7 shirt last night. Rev an abbreviation of Reverend ?.....maybe a decendant of HUFCs founder? :sneaky:

It's an abbreviation of "Revenue" as in H.M. Revenue and oh dear what am I saying?

4-1 loss to Swindon this afternoon with an "interesting" line up:

Clayton, Trialist (Trialist), Trialist (Trialist), Trialist (Trialist), Trialist (Trialist), Trialist (Cowan), Heap, Trialist (R James), Bradbury, Hopkins

Tsun Dai apparently in action but not on the team list...

10 trialists? That's almost a jury!

Wow!

...and some on here were saying nobody wants to come to the Yellows these days. ?

• React
Reactions: Ian
10 trialists? That's almost a jury!

Wow!

...and some on here were saying nobody wants to come to the Yellows these days. ?
They who will always been known henceforth as ‘The Infamous Ten’. How dare they roll over to the scum. A dark smear on the clubs history today...

?

Edit: Actually, can we assume that our winning run against them is still intact with the vast majority of the team not on ‘our books’..?

Last edited:
I've heard from a very reliable source that all ten of the trialists were from some crap town in Wiltshire. And all four of the scum goals were own goals. Odd, that, but there you go. As I said, very reliable source.

Back
Top Bottom